Should DC Fight Yoel Romero or Gus/Volkan Winner?

Who Gets the Title Shot @ LHW?

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It's likely he has to defend his LHW belt once more before getting the fight with Brock Lesnar as he has to be in the USADA testing pool for 6th month prior to being eligible to compete.

Dana has said DC will likely fight once more before then, defending his LHW title as to not hold up the division. Who do you think he should fight?

Yoel Romero has called him out, announcing a move to 205 and he wants an immediate shot at DC. Do you think he gets it based off of his accolades at 185 as well as 205 lacking contenders? Or should the winner of Gustafsson/Volkan get the shot since they've been fighting for the shot at 205 for much longer?

My opinion is, give it to Yoel Romero. DC vs. Yoel is an awesome match between the two of the best wrestlers in the UFC. Gus and Volkan already both have loses to DC. Make his final fight at 205 count. I prefer to see Yoel.

What do you guys think?

Shogun... dude will be on a four fight win streak. Haha. But really... been wanting a Gus rematch. Guess it all depends on Cormier.

Shogun... dude will be on a four fight win streak. Haha. But really... been wanting a Gus rematch. Guess it all depends on Cormier.
I had to laugh when DC said he would fight Shogun.. I get it, he wants to go out on top and not risk losing the title in his final two fights, but c'mon man. He might legitimately kill Shogun in there.

I'd like to see Gus again...

DC wouldn't fight Gus even if Gus was on a 10 fight win streak, so it doesn't really matter if Gus beats Volkan.

Gus/Volkan winner would be more legitimate to keep the LHW division rolling but Romero/DC would be more intriguing for me. If WME is going all in for circus fights Romero/DC is pretty high on my list.

DC wouldn't fight Gus even if Gus was on a 10 fight win streak, so it doesn't really matter if Gus beats Volkan.
Yeah it really doesn't seem like DC is interested in taking a rematch with either guy at the moment.

Gus, if he wins. Otherwise, I'd rather see Cormier fight at HW until a legitimate LHW contender emerges.

Yeah it really doesn't seem like DC is interested in taking a rematch with either guy at the moment.

He has never wanted to fight Gus. The one time they fought was the perfect timing for him since Gus was coming off a KO loss to Rumble who DC had just beaten and became the champ. DC got to fight Gus at his very peak in front of his homecrowd while Gus was at the lowest point of his prime, and DC still almost lost. DC will never fight him again.

Gus is the tougher fight for DC so that's what I'd like to see. I think Romero would get beaten soundly. If Volkan wins I'll take Romero though, no one wants to see Volkan rematch DC

Soooo... I'm splitting the difference and not voting

romero/dc is interesting but i think i want gus/dc II more

Yoel is my number one choice. That would be a great fight that I think DC wins with his pressure.

Second option would be Gus if he beats Volkan. I think Gus has the best chance to beat DC of the three. Zero interest in seeing Volkan fight DC again.

Third choice would be Shogun.

Shogun fears no man, give him the shot and watch him put DC to sleep.

TLDR: Shogun GOAT

Yoel had to cheat to beat Brunson and Tim, he missed weight vs WW Knuckles and still lost x 2, got a robbery decision versus Jacare and is 1-2 in his last two fights. On top of not deserving it, he would get walloped by D.C. or really any other top LHW. He vs Volkan is intriguing to me tho.

Last edited:
Yoel Romero is definitely the biggest threat to his belt IMO. He has the KO power and has the wrestling to neutralize DC. DC should stay the hell away from him at all costs. Not only is it too much risk, there's very little reward.

DC might have a broken hand, and wants to retire by March 2019.

IMO he vacates the LHW belt soon, one fight left, vs Brock, huge pay day, fuck the weightcut.

Shogun vs Anthony Smith winner or bust.

It's likely he has to defend his LHW belt once more before getting the fight with Brock Lesnar as he has to be in the USADA testing pool for 6th month prior to being eligible to compete.

Dana has said DC will likely fight once more before then, defending his LHW title as to not hold up the division. Who do you think he should fight?

Yoel Romero has called him out, announcing a move to 205 and he wants an immediate shot at DC. Do you think he gets it based off of his accolades at 185 as well as 205 lacking contenders? Or should the winner of Gustafsson/Volkan get the shot since they've been fighting for the shot at 205 for much longer?

My opinion is, give it to Yoel Romero. DC vs. Yoel is an awesome match between the two of the best wrestlers in the UFC. Gus and Volkan already both have loses to DC. Make his final fight at 205 count. I prefer to see Yoel.

What do you guys think?

first off yoel has to earn it

the real answer is dc should only fight dc why should dc risk losing that brock pay day.

Anyone but Brock and/or Shogun. Would like the Yoel fight. Best case (or worse case for DC) scenario is Volkan winning and Shogun losing. Nobody wants to see that rematch that soon, and it nixes the BS call by DC for Shogun.

Last edited:
Back