Should DC Fight Yoel Romero or Gus/Volkan Winner?

Who Gets the Title Shot @ LHW?

• Total voters
Brock aside, DC has one fight left. No rematches please. Romero is a good fight.

Romero is coming off a loss in which he missed weight.

He doesn't deserve any title shot.

Yoel Romero. Gus if he wins but I think Volkan is going to knock him out in no time and I don't want to see Volkan vs DC so soon. Volkan can't beat DC without learning what to do on the ground. He's only trying to get up and nothing else.

Yoel Romero vs DC fight also may shed more light upon the skill vs size question after the Miocic fight.

Yoel does not deserve it at all but it would be one hell of a fight.

The real question is is DC going to lose a huge payday in Brock to defend his belt?

Hell let’s not act like DC is invincible. Yes he’s a better fighter than any of those three but this is mma, nothing is for certain.

And the thing about Brocks theatrics is it will make any fight DC takes look like a sideshow event.

Much rather see him fight Yoel than have another rematch.

I really wanna know whos wrestling is better when it comes to MMA

Romero because ranking mean nothing and it’s a new fight. Plus that is just a badass matchup.

I'd like to see Gus/DC 2 if Gus beats Volkan.
If Volkan wins, then I'd rather DC fight Romero as
I think DC/Volkan 2 would go exactly the same as the first fight

What would have been perfect is for Yoel to have beaten Whittaker and be the Middleweight champion.
Now he moves up to LHW and challenges for the belt. They would have no reason not to let this happen and would be a guaranteed thing.
UFC poster: Will there be a new and third simultaneous two-weight world champion in UFC history or will the champ champ's reign continue?

A man can dream though.......

In a perfect world Romero vs Gus winner but we don't have time for this so i would go with romero. Two old olympians battling it out, would be great, also DC could avenge rockhold.

IF DC goes back it should be Gus if he wins, otherwise Yoel.

But DC shouldn't go back. Drop the title and concentrate on the biggest bang for the buck for your last 2 HW fights, then call it a day.

If I was running it I'd make Yoel vs Gus/Volkan winner for vacant title. Maybe Shogun vs Rockhold (is he coming to LHW too?) for title eliminator.

I will start this off by saying i lobbb Robert Whittaker as MW champ.

Why does Yoel Romero deserve an immediate shot at LWH? That would be like saying stephen thompson should get a shot at MW cause he had close decisions with twood. Only stephen thompson was able to win the belt for both fights.

DC is fighting Shogun. Especially if he adds Anthony Smith to the highlight reel.

Yoel, although I doubt he fights at 205 ever again. Even if it means waiting out for Jones.

He has never wanted to fight Gus. The one time they fought was the perfect timing for him since Gus was coming off a KO loss to Rumble who DC had just beaten and became the champ. DC got to fight Gus at his very peak in front of his homecrowd while Gus was at the lowest point of his prime, and DC still almost lost. DC will never fight him again.
And Gus’ highest peak of his prime? Losing to Jon Jones. Got it.

Romero is just such a fun fight. He doesn't "deserve" it but neither do half the people fighting for a belt these days. I say make it happen.

Romero is the more intriguing match. Dc won’t fight Gus again cause, although he would likely win again, it would still be another all out war with a lot of damage and he already beat Gus. Dc is just not hungry like that anymore. He just kod stipe and is now satisfied with his career. He has his sights on the exit. Call it ducking if you want as absurd as it is to call the guy who just kod stipe a duck.

Back