Should DC Fight Yoel Romero or Gus/Volkan Winner?

Who Gets the Title Shot @ LHW?

• Total voters
The UFC isn't taking the chance of a Cormier loss before the Lesnar fight. So answer is nobody.

I have no interest in seeing Yoel fight DC, he should win at least two fights at LHW before he gets a shot but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a thing. And Shogun still has to beat Smith, who is no easy out and looked particularly vicious at 205.

So if Gus beats Volkan, then Gus 2 could happen, but if Volkan wins, then pass on defending LHW and just go deal with Bork and sail on. I hate the idea of Bork fighting for a belt but I feel like they're going to force it down our throats more and more.

I'd list other options before Romero. Picked volkan/Gus...

Romero would probably be somewhere near the bottom of 10 on the list of ppl I want to see fight DC.

It's likely he has to defend his LHW belt once more before getting the fight with Brock Lesnar as he has to be in the USADA testing pool for 6th month prior to being eligible to compete.

Dana has said DC will likely fight once more before then, defending his LHW title as to not hold up the division. Who do you think he should fight?

Yoel Romero has called him out, announcing a move to 205 and he wants an immediate shot at DC. Do you think he gets it based off of his accolades at 185 as well as 205 lacking contenders? Or should the winner of Gustafsson/Volkan get the shot since they've been fighting for the shot at 205 for much longer?

My opinion is, give it to Yoel Romero. DC vs. Yoel is an awesome match between the two of the best wrestlers in the UFC. Gus and Volkan already both have loses to DC. Make his final fight at 205 count. I prefer to see Yoel.

What do you guys think?

It should've been Gus before Stipe.

It should've been Gus before Stipe.
Meh. Based off of beaten a broken down Glover? I didn't think so. I like that he has to put together an actual streak before getting another shot at the title. Especially since he turned down a fight with Yoel. (Allegedly)

lol romero is coming off a loss, and DC just manhandled volkan in 1.5 rounds.

gus if he wins would be nice.

DC wouldn't fight Gus even if Gus was on a 10 fight win streak, so it doesn't really matter if Gus beats Volkan.
what's with some of you acting like DC is ducking gus? he already fucking beat him ffs.

and i love the guy but gus is currently on a 1 fight win streak.

edit: just read another post of yours filled with excuses as to why gus lost, christ lmao.

Anyone but Brock and/or Shogun. Would like the Yoel fight. Best case (or worse case for DC) scenario is Volkan winning and Shogun losing. Nobody wants to see that rematch that soon, and it nixes the BS call by DC for Shogun.
If Volkan wins I don't see DC vs Volkan so soon...

I like DC vs Romero...it has a better back story...the whole wrestling thing...

Gus came close to beating DC.

Romero is 1-2 in his last 3 having missed weight twice.

Who gets rewarded with a shot?

what's with some of you acting like DC is ducking gus? he already fucking beat him ffs.

and i love the guy but gus is currently on a 1 fight win streak.

It was a split decision and a damn close one. Gus is literally the only fighter other than Jones that DC struggled with.

Well there's no way in hell it should be Yoel or Gus. Lol at Gus fans that think every other fight for him should be a title shot. Maybe if he gets a dozen shots, he'll finally win one!

{<hhh]

It was a split decision and a damn close one. Gus is literally the only fighter other than Jones that DC struggled with.
yeah but people acting like DC is ducking gus...like what?

not only has DC said he'd fight gus again, but let gus at least win this first.

it's like someones always ducking someone no matter what they do, according to sherdog.

Yoel had to cheat to beat Brunson and Tim, he missed weight vs WW Knuckles and still lost x 2, got a robbery decision versus Jacare and is 1-2 in his last two fights. On top of not deserving it, he would get walloped by D.C. or really any other top LHW. He vs Volkan is intriguing to me tho.
He never cheated against Tim. People are STILL saying this and it's utterly ridiculous. The only one that committed a foul in that fight was Tim. His ONLY offense of the fight came off of a foul. GTFO.

yeah but people acting like DC is ducking gus...like what?

not only has DC said he'd fight gus again, but let gus at least win this first.

it's like everyones ducking everyone nowadays according to sherdog.

I doubt DC has anything resembling fear of Gus. He proved how big his balls were when he stepped into the cage with Stipe.

However, guaranteed he is ducking Gus. Not because he can't beat him but because its not a money fight. He wants Brock for the money, not because he will molest him inside of the first round.

I have no interest in seeing Yoel fight DC, he should win at least two fights at LHW before he gets a shot but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a thing. And Shogun still has to beat Smith, who is no easy out and looked particularly vicious at 205.

So if Gus beats Volkan, then Gus 2 could happen, but if Volkan wins, then pass on defending LHW and just go deal with Bork and sail on. I hate the idea of Bork fighting for a belt but I feel like they're going to force it down our throats more and more.
Who do you want to see Romero fight before potentially fighting for a title at LHW?

Who do you want to see Romero fight before potentially fighting for a title at LHW?
Either a big, strong wrestler like Latifi (after he recovers) or a good striker like Manuwa or Glover. Or, give him the top ten fighter that has been working his way to the dreaded "G" word in OSP.

He's gonna fight Brock then retire. Gus/Volkan is gonna end up a title fight.

Back