Should Conor McGregor be stripped?

Strip?

• Total voters
If the Mayweather fight is official he should be stripped immediately.

Because then there is no way he returns in 2017 if he does at all. And then it would be more than a year without a defense because he had other plans.

He can do what he wants but the LW division should not be forced to wait for him.

TS i wish you had a 3rd option: "yes, after the boxing match is officially announced/scheduled".

because in no uncertain terms, he should NOT be stripped today due to boxing match rumors. few (and no serious) fans ever claimed a fighter should be stripped after not defending their belt in 4 months. a year, sure, but not 4 months.

That's a good point, I should have added that. I'm operating under the current assumption that the fight will happen - but I edited in your option and edited the option to let users change their votes.

Strip? Conor fans might take that the wrong way.

tenor.gif

With Conor seemingly poised to fight in another sport, and with rumors ranging from June to September, is it time to strip Conor McGregor of the LW belt?

Simple question.
I only said 'no' because I think Colin would prefer to be stripped rather than defend. If he is stripped of the title he will always claim that no-one was ever able to beat him and take the belts. This is after all Colin McGreygur you're talking about.

YES.

UFC belts should wait for no one. Defend or do not defend there is no interim.

I love Conor, he has done everything that he said, backed up every word of it but at the same time destroyed UFC.

so now, fuck conor. Strip him and let him get whooped in boxing so he can retire

Depends.. strange dynamic.. he ain't injured he just needs some time off.. fair enough he deserves the time he's been active in high pressure fights on event type cards.

Now he wants his big payday in another sport alright, I get it but then what about our sport ?

If he can go on record and say he will be back to MMA after his boxing fight in a timely manner then go on good faith and trust him on that.

In the meantime have that plan B ready rebook Khabib vs Tony for the interim belt.

Conor has been very active since joining the UFC. I didn't have a problem with him taking 6 months off between fights considering it's not much longer than some active champs go between fights. However if May rolls around and Conor is not willing to fight and has no immediate plans to defend his belt then he should be stripped.

He is not hurt and should be able to book a fight and defend his title after 6 months.

yes, but I would give him and Dana a chance to back up, if they come back to reality and stop with that boxing-money fight bullshit, I say DON"T STRIP HIM AND LET HIM DEFEND THE BELT, but if they want to shit on their fans, then FORGET HIM AND MOVE ON GUYS

Does anyone seriously believe that he intends to ever defend that belt? If so, I have a bridge for sale that you may be interested in.

Yep. Strip this fuckin anorexic leprehaun and let real contenders fight and defend the belt... This ain't the WWE.

gettyimages-475062677.jpg

Beyond question.

Given his history of NEVER defending a belt. And considering all I read on my mma forum. Is...

This fucking clown, out on maternity leave. Trying to set up the biggest sham in history.

He NEVER should have been given two free shots at a bullshit belt, anyway.
Geez, change your tampon.

There's no point. The UFC itself is not legitimate. They have a million fake titles, fake rankings and they were even going to give Conor his own title -The Conor Championship, until he lost to Diaz

Strip him all you want. Until he loses in the UFC, he will be considered the true LW and FW champ.

200w.webp
So if he retires after the boxing match, you consider him the forever champ...got it

Yes.
He won the belt then asked for a 6 months vacation.
Until here, I would agree he keeps it.
Even though he ALREADY lost a belt because he refused to defend it.

Now he is looking for a fight outside the sport.

Sorry, even if it falls through, it shows his priorities are NOT to defend his belt.

So let others, who would want to get the belt and defend it fight for it.

Strip him all you want. Until he loses in the UFC, he will be considered the true LW and FW champ.

200w.webp

Until he defends the belt, he'll be considered a fake-ass paper champ who ducked everyone because he fears getting beaten.

200w.webp

Back