Should Conor McGregor be stripped?

Strip?

• Total voters

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
With Conor seemingly poised to fight in another sport, and with rumors ranging from June to September, is it time to strip Conor McGregor of the LW belt?

Simple question.

Only a week after the event

<{yearp}>

Last edited:
Depends.

IF he goes through with the Mayweather debacle clear in September, then 100% yes. Enough with the fuckery of freezing up divisions.

Let ACTIVE fighters fight for the belt.

Not yet. If this Mayweather fight is happening I can see them keeping the belt on him but if we get towards November and his return isn't in the works they really have to move on. They should be getting a Plan A and a Plan B in place now.

Strip him all you want. Until he loses in the UFC, he will be considered the true LW and FW champ.

200w.webp

I don't mean this is a hater kind of way, but when he's saying "I need 10 month maternity leave" followed by "I don't want to fight Ferguson, I'm after Floyd, realistically I might have to take a year or two off to pursue this" and along with the history of McGregor holding 4 titles and never defending a single one.

If he's actively fighting or pursuing fights outside of his division whilst Tony Ferguson is the number 1 contender on a 9 fight streak...He really does need to vacate his title. It's just inexcusable, fight Floyd fine, but give up your McBelt.

Voted Yes

It's 4 months since his fight with Alvarez. Dude is completely healthy and refuses to fight. If you refuse to fight you should be stripped. Enough of this bs. By the time Mayweather fight happens he has held the LW belt in hostage for 1 year which is crazy

If that happens he'll set a record in that he'll have been stripped of a title less than a year after winning it, TWICE.

Another record set will be having been stripped twice, yet he still remains double champion.

Beyond question.

Given his history of NEVER defending a belt. And considering all I read on my mma forum. Is...

This fucking clown, out on maternity leave. Trying to set up the biggest sham in history.

He NEVER should have been given two free shots at a bullshit belt, anyway.

Yes, because he does not defend belts, never has and never will so why delay the inevitable? . Stop wasting time.

Cage Warriors FW champion.. zero title defenses.
Cage Warriors LW champion.. zero title defenses.
UFC FW champion.. zero title defenses.
UFC LW champion.. zero title defenses so far, and looks to be going down the same road as the past.

The pregnancy thing is a excuse, if it was not that he would just come up with another reason like a contract dispute or something else.

Strip? Conor fans might take that the wrong way.

Yeah, lets strip Conor and make less money because of it. GENIUS DECISION!!!

:rolleyes:

The UFC is encouraging his antics. Why would they strip him?

tony and khabib are like legit the most overrated fighters for real

If the joke fight with Floyd happen, he should be instant stripped.

Back