Should Conor McGregor be stripped?

Strip?

• Total voters
Must be weird being a Conor hater. He's fought more recently than both Khabib and Ferguson, and has only been champ for 5 months. Yet you're already calling to strip him before anything happens.

It's an excuse. People are probably trying to use that same excuse for why he shouldn't be stripped of the FW title. Being active is nice but it's just not an excuse to not defend your belt. The champ has an obligation.
Call it what you want, he's deserving of time off. He'll defend when he comes back. It's not like there's a hurry for him to come back, since the top contenders in the division can't stay healthy.

No. Aldo is fine. Why not strip him too?

Of course, It's only an issue when Conor wants time off.

Stipe said he's taking time off after beating werdum
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/stip...o-win-ufc-considering-werdum-vs-velasquez-ii/

Lawler wanted time off

DC wanted time off
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/10/15/9540861/daniel-cormier-im-taking-break-from-ufc

All 3 are not as active as Conor. Conor was up front about his time off and actually gave a reason why. The others just said they are tired and deserve a break. That's okay though...

The issue isn't time off, and I think most people understand that.

Aldo has a fight booked, DC had a fight booked within a certain time frame when he was healthy, Lawler did as well

No one has an issue with Conor taking time off, I'm wondering what the time limit should be. If he isn't fighting Floyd until september, I wonder at what point he should have a fight booked to defend his belt. 10 months is generally what I think about.

Oh and plenty of people talked about Aldo being stripped at various points in his career.

Call it what you want, he's deserving of time off. He'll defend when he comes back. It's not like there's a hurry for him to come back, since the top contenders in the division can't stay healthy.

Tony is ready. The division is held up because of him.

If he's not going to defend his belt and they aren't looking to set up a fight to defend it then yes he should be stripped, just like any other champion refusing to defend their belt within a reasonable time.

Other people have lives to live, the whole world doesn't revolve around a guy that quit to childrends bjj trainer.

Voted Yes

It's 4 months since his fight with Alvarez. Dude is completely healthy and refuses to fight. If you refuse to fight you should be stripped. Enough of this bs. By the time Mayweather fight happens he has held the LW belt in hostage for 1 year which is crazy

Never thought I'd see the day when a mcgregor fan would have something sensible and reasonable to say.

If that happens he'll set a record in that he'll have been stripped of a title less than a year after winning it, TWICE.

Another record set will be having been stripped twice, yet he still remains double champion.
Well, to be fair, given that he fought Eddie almost a year after Aldo, and announced he was taking 10 months off, I was all for stripping him at FW.
As for LW, depends when this Floyd fight happens if it happens. If he's healthy and doesn't have a LW fight scheduled by end of year. Strip city.

it would be so entertaining to see fan reactions if he goes from being double champ to being double stripped, McNuggets would have a fit

lol Conor owns the UFC , gtfo

Owns the ufc? The UFC was doing perfectly fine before mctapper showed up and will continue to do well if he left. No one would give a shit about him if he was to leave the UFC today, he would go off and try to make his own promotion that people will watch for one or two events until no one cares about the nobodies he puts on the card and the horrible production value and design because mcgregor has no taste or style.

Aldo should have fought Holloway at 206. He sits out way too much.
No he shouldn't. Up until 206 Conor was the champ, healthy and fighting. Give me one good reason why the interim champ should defend when the full champ is healthy and fighting?

The moment Conor was stripped Aldo signed to fight the winner of Halloway/Pettis. Then Halloway pulled out of the Brooklyn card after cringed callout

Owns the ufc? The UFC was doing perfectly fine before mctapper showed up and will continue to do well if he left. No one would give a shit about him if he was to leave the UFC today, he would go off and try to make his own promotion that people will watch for one or two events until no one cares about the nobodies he puts on the card and the horrible production value and design because mcgregor has no taste or style.
lol triggered

No he shouldn't. Up until 206 Conor was the champ, healthy and fighting. Give me one good reason why the interim champ should defend when the full champ is healthy and fighting?

The moment Conor was stripped Aldo signed to fight the winner of Halloway/Pettis. Then Halloway pulled out of the Brooklyn card after cringed callout
He had just fought for, and won, the LW belt at 205. Of course he wouldn't fight on the next event. Aldo had been sitting for 5 months when 206 happened.

100%... There is clearly no talk of him fighting in MMA any time soon.

Funny though...he goes on a leave yet is still trying to get a fight... What a bunch of bullshit.

Yes, someone telling you how wrong you are is them being triggered.

I'm actually quite surprised with your counter argument, it was twice as much as I was expecting from a mctapper dick sucker.
Conor owns the UFC
source.gif

Back