Should Conor McGregor be stripped?

Strip?

• Total voters
The
Yes, because he does not defend belts, never has and never will so why delay the inevitable? . Stop wasting time.

Cage Warriors FW champion.. zero title defenses.
Cage Warriors LW champion.. zero title defenses.
UFC FW champion.. zero title defenses.
UFC LW champion.. zero title defenses so far, and looks to be going down the same road as the past.

The pregnancy thing is a excuse, if it was not that he would just come up with another reason like a contract dispute or something else.
The cage warrior belts don't really count if you take in to account the situation . And the featherweight belt has atleast somewhat of a legit excuse but I would really like to see him defend his LW belt even though people will still bitch "oh he defended 1 belt out of 4"

If he fights Floyd, fair enough.

If not, so long as he has a defence booked within 9 months of winning the belt seems fair.

Champs should ideally defend twice a year.

It would seem to be self explanatory.
He has one Mcbelt, and forfeited the one he earned by failing to defend it.
One manufactured belt, and that one will get stripped as well by the looks of things.
His legacy is a wet turd in a downpour.

So many fans that care so much about the McUFC making piles of Mcmoney at the expense of integrity

I don't care about that, just that it would be dumb for them to strip him.

I'd prefer him to defend his belt before fighting Floyd too, but it's really not that big of a deal.

People/MMA fans take this shit way too seriously. There's honestly no reason for people to get so angry/upset over such insignificant things.

I'm sure we'll be seeing him vs. Ferguson eventually. Let's just hope they don't decide to put him in there with Woodley next because it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

If Conor comes back and actually tries to get that fight instead of defending his belt, then I'd agree 100% that he needs to be stripped because that'd be complete fucking bullshit.

Other than that, Conor is not the only one to blame in all of this. Dana & Friends deserve just as much, if not more of the blame than him because they're the ones allowing this shit to happen.

I understand why people want him to get stripped of the belt, but it's funny how so many people don't actually realize that the UFC wants him to do this shit.

Why would they strip him for doing exactly what they want him to do? and why wouldn't they let him do it?

Conor isn't just going against the UFC by refusing to defend his belt. They're just allowing him to do other things because they prefer it.

That's the sad truth and it's time for you guys to open your eyes and recognize that. You should've noticed this a long time ago.

Inb4 people say Conor ducked a bunch of guys that he wasn't even actually offered to fight.

I think they should give him till the fall to defend. Sooner if the boxing match falls thru.

"If you don't defend your belt you should be stripped"

-connor McGregor

If his next fight is anything other than a title defense then yes.

Strip him all you want. Until he loses in the UFC, he will be considered the true LW and FW champ.

200w.webp

LMAO, this ↑↑↑ would require for him to actually defend a title, true Champ my ass Joanna Jedrzejczyk is 10x the champ that Conor is she's unafraid to defend her title, Conor would rather have them stripped than put it on the line...

<{Joewithit}>

Last edited:
Yeah, he should probably be stripped. You can't be a champion and refuse to fight because of a baby, that's just stupid.

Conor should have been stripped the moment he said he wanted 10 months maternity.

Say what you want about Aldo, but he just seems injury prone. Hes not sitting out willingly like Conor.

If your healthy to fight, you should be fighting.

McGregor fans are strange, your all content with him sitting out not fighting or defending in the UFC?

Its like you know his next matches are very easily lose-able and you would rather him never fight again so you can always argue that he could have beaten Ferguson or Khabib.

No. I'd suggest the same thing I have with other fighters in the past: if he doesn't have a fight set within 12 months of winning the belt, yes. If he does have a fight set and withdraws for any reason, injury or otherwise he should be stripped.

For real, it's only been four months since he won the belt. The UFC wont strip him. Especially since they have a financial interest in Conor vs Floyd and would want this to be marketed as an MMA champ trying hia hand in boxing to embiggen event sales.

No. Aldo is fine. Why not strip him too?

Of course, It's only an issue when Conor wants time off.

Stipe said he's taking time off after beating werdum
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/stip...o-win-ufc-considering-werdum-vs-velasquez-ii/

Lawler wanted time off

DC wanted time off
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/10/15/9540861/daniel-cormier-im-taking-break-from-ufc

All 3 are not as active as Conor. Conor was up front about his time off and actually gave a reason why. The others just said they are tired and deserve a break. That's okay though...

Could aswell strip him now, since after the money he makes against mayweather he will retire from the ufc

Conor should have been stripped the moment he said he wanted 10 months maternity.

Say what you want about Aldo, but he just seems injury prone. Hes not sitting out willingly like Conor.

If your healthy to fight, you should be fighting.

McGregor fans are strange, your all content with him sitting out not fighting or defending in the UFC?

Its like you know his next matches are very easily lose-able and you would rather him never fight again so you can always argue that he could have beaten Ferguson or Khabib.
Who in here is happy that he's not fighting? Seems like you're talking out of your ass. Reasonable people realize that he has been extremely active over the last 3 years, so it's not crazy for him to want to take a break after achieving his goal of becoming a 2 division champ in the UFC. If he starts pulling out of every second fight like Aldo then people can reasonably get upset.

Will Aldo be stripped then it Will soon be 10 months now since his last fight and he isnt injured
This is fucking retarded. Aldo hasn't fought in so long for 2 reasons. 1 he justifiably said he won't defend and interim belt while the champ is healthy and fighting and would only either fight Conor or for the full title. After Conor was striped he quickly signed to fight the winner of Halloway/Pettis. 2 after calling him out for the Brooklyn card Max went to Disney land

If he has no intention of fighting this year then YES.

Who in here is happy that he's not fighting? Seems like you're talking out of your ass. Reasonable people realize that he has been extremely active over the last 3 years, so it's not crazy for him to want to take a break after achieving his goal of becoming a 2 division champ in the UFC. If he starts pulling out of every second fight like Aldo then people can reasonably get upset.

It's an excuse. People are probably trying to use that same excuse for why he shouldn't be stripped of the FW title. Being active is nice but it's just not an excuse to not defend your belt. The champ has an obligation.

Back