Should becoming a moderator be an elected position ?

Electing people into positions of power is a horrible way to do things. Just look at Donald Trump.

if elected i would cleanse these sacred halls of fat chick thread's

This is the internet. These dummies would vote in awful people just for the comedic value.

God damn wobblies up in this thread.

Not that non-mod member's opinions matter, and they shouldn't, but the Warroom's most recent 'election' should be all evidence anyone should need to determine why it's a bad idea.

People would vote for the biggest trolls to throw the most chaos into the system as possible, and the quality of the forum community would suffer.

New mods should be chosen by current/senior mods. Period.

Last edited:
Not that non-mod member's opinion matter, and they shouldn't, but the Warroom's most recent 'election' should be all evidence anyone should need to determine why it's a bad idea.

People would vote for the biggest trolls to throw the most chaos into the system as possible, and the quality of the forum community would suffer.

New mods should be chosen by current/senior mods. Period.
Homer isn't a terrible poster, he's usually quite good. He has moments of bias and stupidity, but they don't define him and they're few and far between.

Homer isn't a terrible poster, he's usually quite good. He has moments of bias and stupidity, but they don't define him and they're few and far between.

I agree, but he was elected because he's a troll.

there would have to be some rules for voter eligibility

- no white belts obviously, or make it only black belts and above can vote
- good standing, as in no yellows or infarctions within last 6 months
- been on the site more than 5 years?

interesting concept nonetheless

It's not about picking the mods. It's about picking the people who pick the mods.

<seedat>

Thoughts? While there certainly are some decent mods out there that try to be fair and just when dealing out forum justice, there are others that take their position to the extreme. I'm tagging the mods that are online now to get their opinions on this subject. My goal isn't to bash or call out individual moderators, it's simply to discuss whether or not it should be a lifetime appointment.

@Oku ..... @Arkridge ..... @jei ...... @PUO3 ...... @Valhoven ..... @Bullitt68 ....@zankou .... @PRIDEWASBETTER

No.

I really think it should, tbh.

...says the guy with double yellows. Nice try, benny.

Trolling and flaming posters. Never done it. No sir.

I designate 99silva as my voting proxy for all future mod elections. I trust him.

I was a Sherdog mod for a few days when we first changed our old layout. I should do an AMA :D

It's not meant to be a popularity contest.
but in a way it is, you post your post in say just the heavies, you're popular in that room, those mods my let you away with stuff, go to the war room or mayberry, where you aren't as well know, you can pick up a yellow for nothing, that could lead to over zealous/douchebag mods going over old posts and adding more infractions, I say some don't deserve their ''modship''

but in a way it is, you post your post in say just the heavies, you're popular in that room, those mods my let you away with stuff, go to the war room or mayberry, where you aren't as well know, you can pick up a yellow for nothing, that could lead to over zealous/douchebag mods going over old posts and adding more infractions, I say some don't deserve their ''modship''

This post is making me feel really zealous. I'm just kidding but as a mod I think I speak for all of us when I say that's just not true. If you get out of line you get checked with <Deported1>

No. Absolute power should rest with the owner of site. Mods should be technocrats with maybe 3 who have most power and appear before council of law

Back