Should becoming a moderator be an elected position ?

Not that non-mod member's opinions matter, and they shouldn't, but the Warroom's most recent 'election' should be all evidence anyone should need to determine why it's a bad idea.

People would vote for the biggest trolls to throw the most chaos into the system as possible, and the quality of the forum community would suffer.

New mods should be chosen by current/senior mods. Period.

@HomerThompson

hqdefault.jpg

but in a way it is, you post your post in say just the heavies, you're popular in that room, those mods my let you away with stuff, go to the war room or mayberry, where you aren't as well know, you can pick up a yellow for nothing, that could lead to over zealous/douchebag mods going over old posts and adding more infractions, I say some don't deserve their ''modship''
Unless I am mistaken he was saying that 'getting chosen to be a mod is not supposed to be a popularity' whereas you seem to be referring to whether or not a poster gets dubbs is or is not a popularity contest.

Dude, they made jmac a Mod at one point.

That guy was pretty sadistic.

What was the vetting process that allowed Oseheon to become a mod?

Whats the process when someone like him is defrocked? Did he get jumped out via backalley shit-kicking?

People mentioning me for modship but I'd be terrible at it. I could never drop the hammer on a sherbro. If I saw someone post something unbelievably racist I'd probably just post something a bit less racist just to maybe teach them about subtlety. I'm more about being a positive influence rather than a harsh dictator
That's not Mod, that's more like Mesus.

What was the vetting process that allowed Oseheon to become a mod?

Whats the process when someone like him is defrocked? Did he get jumped out via backalley shit-kicking?

I don't know, that was a bit before my time. As in matter of fact, I was actually made a staff member the same day he was removed.

You're close. If you want to find out, Google Cersei shame scene to get a better idea of what it's like.

Not that non-mod member's opinions matter, and they shouldn't, but the Warroom's most recent 'election' should be all evidence anyone should need to determine why it's a bad idea.

People would vote for the biggest trolls to throw the most chaos into the system as possible, and the quality of the forum community would suffer.

New mods should be chosen by current/senior mods. Period.
tenor.gif

Are you referring to that tranny thread? That motherfucker needed to be derailed.

He's referring to you jumping into like 5 threads a couple of weeks ago looking for whoever you thought snitched and totally derailing them, which is against forum rules.

But no one snitched on you for that... you're still here.

He's referring to you jumping into like 5 threads a couple of weeks ago looking for whoever you thought snitched and totally derailing them, which is against forum rules.

But no one snitched on you for that... you're still here.

Yeah. That was weird since I was daring ya’ll to do so. You might find it surprising how many mods actually support my efforts.

WTF guys last time I started a thread about this mod dictatorship and proposed a democratic solution the thread got canned and the mods told me off. This selective moderation would be one of the key talking points of my platform.

Back