Schaefer: Hearn doesn’t want to make Joshua-Wilder

Joshua isn't fighting Whyte next fight. Not happening.

why not? the fight will sell, relatively risk-free and will buy another nine months for tyson to get a couple fights in to build up fury/joshua spring of 2019 at wembley

mandatories get 25 percent so you can make a case that if deontay really wants to fight aj he should be happy with 30-35, taking into consideratoin all time he will save to become a wba or ibf mandaotry
All's fair in love and war. But don't call another fighter bitch made becasue they're gonna pay you 5 times the amount you usually get.. fucking mental. Aj is the guy selling his house and Deontay is the estate agent that should probably be happy with 10%
Parker made around $9.5-$12m I believe to fight Joshua.
Wilder should make double that but $20m isnt bad for a fight that Joshua will take $40m home.
Joshua and Hearn want the US market, even though Hearn claims he doesn't. He's full of shit. He does.

Wilder brings that.

Also the American public is susceptible to major events, such as this one.
Giant undefeated HWs, fighting to link up every major belt for an undisputed HW Champ.
That shit sells.
No one gives a fuck about horse racing, yet every year The Kentucky Derby is a major event.
I agree In part. But the money made would be wholly dependant on AJ cracking the American market. I've said this before give aj a tune up fight in America like fury Cunningham and the fight will be able to be made in American ppv and sell way more. But again this has everything go do with Ajs side and not Deontay. If Deontay was going to be massive he would be by now. So again. Aj would be providing everything.

65/35 is fair and it not far away from the initial offer, just like Parker did, he will have to negotiate up to that. When Wilder asked for 50-50 that was called a negotiation tactic, Hearn is doing the exact same here.

As you can see on here though, apparently they won't accept less than 40%. If that's the case, they probably wont get the fight, he simply doesn't bring 40% to the fight and if they are unwilling to budge at all on that then they can stick to earning $2m a fight. 30% is realistic, but with negotiation they should be happy with 35.
Theyll get the fight.

People would clamour for Wilder-Joshua.
As soon as the fight looks like its happening, you'll see every major network begin to talk about it.
They need one more fight each though. Joshua can fight whoever, but Wilder needs a card that's heavily promoted to the American public, and he needs to fight someone who LOOKs the part and it needs to be on network TV with the Joshua angle being mentioned through out the broadcast to keep viewers in the "know".
Marketing is the easiest thing in the world. You just have to put it in peoples face and tell them "this is what your doing"

It is a big fight but there aren't loads off casuals over here clamouring for it. If fury comes back looking good, then Fury vs Joshua is a much bigger fight in the UK (and possibly Europe) than the Wilder fight

Wilder is hanging on to Joshuas coattails in this situation, He is desperate to grab whatever crumbs joshua leaves for him and will eventually accept anything he can get.

If he turns down a 65/35 split , then he is an idiot, or the people advising him are idiots.

I agree and I don't give a fuck about what anyone says, but had the May-Pac fight happened in 2009-2010, it wouldn't have done 4.6m ppvs. The 6 year build up helped the aura of that fight.

They waited until they were both well passed their best and the fight will always be remembered for that. Even during the build up to the fight a good portion of the press was dedicated to the "what could have been" storyline. The fans lost big time. From a fan perspective, nobody should care how many PPVs it ended up selling, that is a really lame way to be a fan.

Last edited:
You brought Pac into the conversation. Silly.
"What about Pacquiao?"

"Pacquiao got offered a huge purse though."

"We're not talking about Pacquiao."

This is why people get annoyed, you are obviously intentionally misrepresenting a very clear argument.

Pacquiao was a worldwide superstar who had sold millions of PPVs. Wilder has never even fought on PPV and most people in America don't even know who he is. Of course the offers will be vastly different.

$12 million is a massive purse to a guy like Deontay. That is way more money than he's ever made and way more than he'll make in any other fight. But you obviously agree that he should not accept that. Just like it's obvious that Pacquiao had no business accepting a flat rate from Floyd.

Pac was offered 40 million dollars. I'll say right now if Wilder turns down 40 million to fight Joshua, then he doesn't want the fight.

But Pac earned 120 mil so was proved correct.

I agree and I don't give a fuck about what anyone says, but had the May-Pac fight happened in 2009-2010, it wouldn't have done 4.6m ppvs. The 6 year build up helped the aura of that fight.
Thats what people conveniently forget here. Floyd's purse wasn't 100s of millions from the start.

I understand that's your job, but it still means the fans shouldn't be blaming Joshua for this fight not happening immediately. It's your team that are wanting to hold out for more money. Around 65-35 would be fine but you're saying that's a no go.

This being a big heavyweight fight does not mean that it should automatically be a 60-40 split. The split is dependent on what you bring to the table. You are sacrificing everything else because you have no choice, Joshua fights in front of 80k people no matter who he fights, he earns 10x more than Wilder every single fight, he has fought better opposition and has already unified the titles TWICE. He's bringing the money AND the belts. He has done all this in a matter of a few years, Wilder didn't fight a live body until 10 years into his career and has still only fought one world class opponent. Deontay could have collected these belts years ago, but he didn't want those fights. He wasn't willing to step up and fight Wlad, AJ wasn't ready for that fight either, but he took the risk.

To actually justify this, you'd need to explain what part of the 40% Wilder brings to the table. To warrant that, he'd need to be a proven US PPV draw and he isn't. He barely effects the UK number.

If I had to listen to Wilder all day and be apart of his team, I wouldn't think Joshua wanted it either. I can guarantee if you were part of AJ's team you wouldn't think WIlder wanted it. At the end of the day though you look silly calling him a bitch when you actually consider what he has accomplished in a short space of time, especially in comparison to Wilder.

We are going to get what we deserve. Again you might not feel that way but all concessions and us traveling (you know that means we won't get a decision unless we dominate the fight) make a huge difference. We know that we will need to knock him out. We didn't care about a rematch clause. That's AJ.

Deontay started fighting late. If you think that he just wanted to fight cans then you are misinformed. You know how shallow the heavyweight pool is to begin with. Nobody is putting their prospect in the ring with him. Then he has a number that made it tough to get a name until the past 3 years.

I honestly believe that Ortiz is a tougher fight than Joshua is. All this said, we will get the fight done.

Also to touch on one more thing, look at how many fights and camps that we have lost to drugs. We were ready to fight Povetkin and he got popped. That's who Joshua is calling for if he passes on us.

why would aj want to fight wilder when he can fight a safe opponent like whyte again followed by mental-case cocaine fury who in all likelihood is nowhere near the fihgter he once was and will not be the threat of deontay?

and aj will make more money, if not considerably more, against tyson

wilder needs joshua because hes nobody even in the US and thats why he has to come to the UK...where hes probably a nobody there. im a huge wilder fan(lmfao deontay going to russia and now the UK when roy never went anywhere), even more so now than before the ortiz fight, but those are the undeniable facts that wilder has in front of him. he has no leverage and the only way he can obtain leverage is to become ajs wba or ibf mandatory where aj would have to fight wilder or face the public scrutiny of vacating like ped-cheat canelo did against golovkin.

Fury? I wouldn't trust that dude with my car keys let alone a camp unless money was promised.

We can continue to make money too. Deontay isn't hurting. It takes two sides to make a fight and we will get there.

You never take short money for a fighter. Deontay isn't a prospect. He's the best heavyweight in the world. You'll see that when Joshua is asleep

They waited until they were both well passed their best and the fight will always be remembered for that. Even during the build up to the fight a good portion of the press was dedicated to the "what could have been" storyline. The fans lost big time. From a fan perspective, nobody should care how many PPVs it ended up selling, that is a really lame way to be a fan.

Yeah I felt cheated and refused to buy the ppv. Who really gives 2 fcks what ppv numbers were? It’s only the fights that matters and we were robbed of seeing these guys fight at their very best

When I said he should take the 40 mill, Floyds estimated purse was estimated at 80 mill.

Estimated. You don't tell a star like Pac to ignore all the potential money he could make and take a flat fee based on your estimate. You split the money based on percentages, everybody knows that, including you.

Consistency matters. If Wilder deserves a percentage, obviously Pac deserved it much more.

It is a big fight but there aren't loads off casuals over here clamouring for it. If fury comes back looking good, then Fury vs Joshua is a much bigger fight in the UK (and possibly Europe) than the Wilder fight
That simply makes those people stupid seeing as how Fury gained an entire person, is on drugs, and hasnt fought in nearly 3 years.

That simply makes those people stupid seeing as how Fury gained an entire person, is on drugs, and hasnt fought in nearly 3 years.

Everyone knows what fight they want to to see. It's bullshit to say otherwise

Fury? I wouldn't trust that dude with my car keys let alone a camp unless money was promised.

We can continue to make money too. Deontay isn't hurting. It takes two sides to make a fight and we will get there.

You never take short money for a fighter. Deontay isn't a prospect. He's the best heavyweight in the world. You'll see that when Joshua is asleep

dont disagree, i like deontay to beat joshua in the UK. also agree that signing a fight with fury is a big risk that it will never happen because of whatever and joshua will have to agree to no ped testing and assume that tyson will go the canelo route and roid

How is that stupid?

Klit had not lost in 11 years, he was top of the food chain and then lost back to back against Fury and Joshua.

Tyson, outboxed him to a decision, Joshua knocked him out but took some hits. People are debating on which is more impressive.

Tyson was king of the hill after that, and then after his troubles, Joshua became top dog.

People are clamouring to see this one settled.

If you can't see that its a far far bigger fight than Joshua/wilder then thats on you.

as For Fury, well for a start its closer to 2 years than 3, and the thing about a fighter who was champ and is out for a while without actually losing the belt, it makes the buildup and eventual return even more hyped. The undefeated champ coming back to take the belts back. That shit gets eaten up and will hype the fight.

dont disagree, i like deontay to beat joshua in the UK. also agree that signing a fight with fury is a big risk that it will never happen because of whatever and joshua will have to agree to no ped testing and assume that tyson will go the canelo route and roid

Exactly. You can't trust anything there. There's too much time and money invested at this point. It's pointless to waste your time.

We will get this done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back