Schaefer: Hearn doesn’t want to make Joshua-Wilder

So, you can have an opinion but no one else can? Gotcha.

Or you think forums arent for discussing opinions lol.

where did I say you can't have an opinion?

This whole thing has been you crying that you don't like my opinion.

where did I say you can't have an opinion?

This whole thing has been you crying that you don't like my opinion.
No, its me asking for you to give some reasoning behind your claim. You cant, and now youre lashing out.

No, its me asking for you to give some reasoning behind your claim. You cant, and now youre lashing out.

My reasoning is based on living in the UK, being surrounded by British media, listening to British fans opinions, and generally being a fan of boxing in the UK.

The Fury fight is more anticipated, thats the one that people want over here.

whether thats the same as in the US, I honestly can't say and would have to defer to boxing fans who live in the US, I would never presume to tell people who actually live in the US what the situation is over there.

If thats not enough for you, then I am afraid we are at an impasse. You want more out of this than I do. I gave an opinion and honestly, if you don't like it you are going to have to learn to live with it, because despite what you think, you are not entitled to a justification from.

Sometimes an opinion is just an opinion, and If people want to gibe an opinion with no further clarification then there is not a lot you can do about it.

My reasoning is based on living in the UK, being surrounded by British media, listening to British fans opinions, and generally being a fan of boxing in the UK.

The Fury fight is more anticipated, thats the one that people want over here.

whether thats the same as in the US, I honestly can't say and would have to defer to boxing fans who live in the US, I would never presume to tell people who actually live in the US what the situation is over there.

If thats not enough for you, then I am afraid we are at an impasse. You want more out of this than I do. I gave an opinion and honestly, if you don't like it you are going to have to learn to live with it, because despite what you think, you are not entitled to a justification from.

Sometimes an opinion is just an opinion, and If people want to gibe an opinion with no further clarification then there is not a lot you can do about it.
How big is Sky Sports?

I certainly dont feel entitled to it, but usually this is what people do on forums, discuss things.

Well see how Fury does in June. Id wager it wont be a big spectacle.

Here is a fair deal:

Wilder gets a minimum of what he earned in his last fight, as his stock has gone up and there will be more US interest vs Joshua

Joshua gets a minimum of what he earned vs Parker, as he has an additional belt and there will be more UK interest vs Wilder.

Anything extra is split 50-50, or 55-45 if Hearn will mostly be the one promoting the fight in the US.

If the minimums can't both be funded, they go down proportionately, but that is almost impossible.

How big is Sky Sports?

I certainly dont feel entitled to it, but usually this is what people do on forums, discuss things.

Well see how Fury does in June. Id wager it wont be a big spectacle.
Sky is pretty big. It's pretty much the number 1 satellite company in Europe. I don't know what this is in reference to. But sky is the premier sports and movies networks in europe. At this point they pretty much have a monopoly over it. I think Rupert Murdoch recently bought them.

Sky is pretty big. It's pretty much the number 1 satellite company in Europe. I don't know what this is in reference to. But sky is the premier sports and movies networks in europe. At this point they pretty much have a monopoly over it. I think Rupert Murdoch recently bought them.
I see them all over the place. Facebook, twitter, forums, etc. I see them talking about AJ and Wilder 24/7. Very rarely do I see anything about Fury.

Of course I cant speak for the world but I legitimately dont see anywhere near the interest in Fury as I do for Wilder/AJ. Or even Whyte now.

Wilder running his mouth and being overly outspoken lately has really brought some spotlight to his name. Especially after putting Ortiz to sleep.

I see them all over the place. Facebook, twitter, forums, etc. I see them talking about AJ and Wilder 24/7. Very rarely do I see anything about Fury.

Of course I cant speak for the world but I legitimately dont see anywhere near the interest in Fury as I do for Wilder/AJ. Or even Whyte now.

Wilder running his mouth and being overly outspoken lately has really brought some spotlight to his name. Especially after putting Ortiz to sleep.
Aj is their bread and butter. He is an A star athlete here by all means. Fury is a side show that people either want to see his shenanigans or watch him hopefully lose. Course he still has a fan base aswell, he's seemingly an anomaly.

There isn't anywhere near the interest at this point because of Tyson behaviour and no showing. So I don't believe it's as reasonable to believe as Deontay vs AJ, which obviously everyone wants. That's American and UK fans.

When it comes to the UK though we had David haye headlining ppvs against frigging Audley Harrison.. sounds silly sure, and I agree it was, but people here genuinely crave for UK vs UK fighters.

Look at froch vs groves. To me that's a decent fight. But certainly I wouldn't have thought 70k fans would be in the audience. It was also a massive ppv.

So in my opinion. And that's all that it is. I think the fury fight vs AJ would be massive. I think Tyson would also sell ok by himself. Though he's not going to break records.

I just looked up what the buy rate was for froch groves.

It was 900k ppv. That is completely mental for a UK audience.

What's even more mental is David Haye vs Audley Harrison. That did 700k. Audley fucking Harrison.. lol.

I think that America has had the most massive fights there over the years. And tbh you had been spoiled in the previous decades with the best heavy weight fights. We have to watch that at 3 am. So having a big event even if it's audley frigging Harrison (fucking lol) and it's on at prime time people are gonna watch it.

Multiply that by 10 if it's actually a decent fight. Deontay vs Joshua will be a mega fight.

Has anyone ever fought “winner takes all”.

That would be cool.

Damn read most of it, a lot of sidetracked discussions, but very cordial (most). Now imo the flat fee is just to test the waters, Hearn isn't dumb. Neither is AL or @RR. To me the fight should be made in the UK at a 70/30, with a immediate rematch clause. It kinda sucks for Wilder, but if he's confident he can beat Joshua then beat him and become the "A" side in the rematch. Book it for Vegas do some PR work as the unified champ, and let's have fun. Meanwhile Fury fat ass has some fights, and more money can be made. Just my 2 cents!

Fury isnt offering anything more than Wilder.

Other than the lineal championship.....

Kind of holds a bit more weight than one of the ABC belts in the grand scheme of things

Other than the lineal championship.....

Kind of holds a bit more weight than one of the ABC belts in the grand scheme of things
Maybe if he werent on such a lengthy and crazy filled hiatus. As it stands hes completely irrelevant imo.

Maybe if he werent on such a lengthy and crazy filled hiatus. As it stands hes completely irrelevant imo.

Well no, he isnt a big draw or a money maker, but has a fight scheduled and is the linear champion.

So he kind of is relevant regardless of what you think, much like when Foreman held the lineal title back in the 90's, he was semi-retired...but came back and lost a fight...he was relevant to the lineal heritage of the division

Well no, he isnt a big draw or a money maker, but has a fight scheduled and is the linear champion.

So he kind of is relevant regardless of what you think, much like when Foreman held the lineal title back in the 90's, he was semi-retired...but came back and lost a fight...he was relevant to the lineal heritage of the division
I dont hold Fury in that same light. Hes had too much other stuff going on. Popped for roids, popped for coke, ducked drug tests, ducked punishment, ducked the rematch with Wlad, the weight gain, the inactivity.

The lineal thing cant overshadow all that imo. We’ll see how he looks in his return, and against who. As it stands Im not going to hold my breath he even makes it in the ring.

Imo, AJ and/or Wilder is a better win currently than Fury. Fury needs to string a couple together against some decent competition before hes back in the mix.

I dont hold Fury in that same light. Hes had too much other stuff going on. Popped for roids, popped for coke, ducked drug tests, ducked punishment, ducked the rematch with Wlad, the weight gain, the inactivity.

The lineal thing cant overshadow all that imo. We’ll see how he looks in his return, and against who. As it stands Im not going to hold my breath he even makes it in the ring.

Imo, AJ and/or Wilder is a better win currently than Fury. Fury needs to string a couple together against some decent competition before hes back in the mix.

While i respect your opinion, it means absolutely fuck all when the guy brings the lineage into the mix, he is a draw and holds the 'proper' championship regardless of belts.

A win over Fury regardless of who gets it(see Shannon Briggs for the Foreman situation), means something to people who care about boxing.

You(and a lot of others) are talking about other shit that has nothing to do with actual boxing.

Tyson Fury as an active boxer is the champion of the world right now, when he was retired...it was the first guy to scoop up all the belts, but right now, Fury has a fight lined up(so is active) so he is the lineal champion...someone needs to beat him.

The belts mean absolutely fuck all.

While i respect your opinion, it means absolutely fuck all when the guy brings the lineage into the mix, he is a draw and holds the 'proper' championship regardless of belts.

A win over Fury regardless of who gets it(see Shannon Briggs for the Foreman situation), means something to people who care about boxing.

You(and a lot of others) are talking about other shit that has nothing to do with actual boxing.

Tyson Fury as an active boxer is the champion of the world right now, when he was retired...it was the first guy to scoop up all the belts, but right now, Fury has a fight lined up(so is active) so he is the lineal champion...someone needs to beat him.

The belts mean absolutely fuck all.
I get it.

Tyson was getting stripped and did everything possible to get out of that rematch.

All the shit hes been through means weve got zero idea how credible an opponent he even is at this point. I guess thats my biggest issue. He needs to get back in the mix with wins, not just saying hes back on twitter every month.

Put it this way. If joshua beats wilder and povetkin, and Fury puts together a couple of wins. Fury could probably ask for, and probably get a 50/50 split.

That tells you everything you need to know.

While I agree that the fury fight over here is far bigger than a fight with wilder, he’d be the b side by a long way and he wouldn’t get close to parity without having belts or the fans that Joshua does. Most would buy the ppv hoping to see him knocked out

Wilder makes 1-2 million per fight. Joshua makes 20 million per fight.

No way in hell does Wilder deserve 50-50.

With youth on his side, Joshua can afford to wait..

Then again, Povetkin is in the wings..

He's a high risk, low reward fight for Joshua..

He looked really good against David Price. Looked really good getting in on the much bigger man.

Boy does he ever land a clean mean shot.

Back