Scariest fight in UFC

Ohh yeah, good call.

tumblr_m6x9q0kNmm1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

this. who knows what Zinoviev could have been because this ended his career

I think when you know the whole story 'Pat Smith vs. Scott Morris' is probably one of the scariest. According to Big John who reffed this fight when he was on Eddie Bravos pod cast he detailed that in this fight the Referee could not stop the fight, he simply was not allowed to no matter how bad someone was being beaten.

He said in the POD cast that he explained to the corner men (who at the time were the only people other than the fighter able to stop the fight) that if he thought the fighter was in trouble he would say 'Check your fighter' and that if he thought the fighter had had enough we would say 'Watch your fighter' (it might be the other way around but it is similar to that).

Anyway as Pat is beating the shit out of Scott Morris big John is screaming at his corner 'Watch your fighter' over and over. Apparently out of the view of the camera the corner man actually turned around and threw the towel into the crowd. Essentially forfeiting any way they could actually stop the fight, it would be later explained to Big John the Scott actually instructed his corner that under no circumstances were they to throw in the towel.

Meanwhile Pat is landing some of the nastiest elbows we have ever seen in the UFC and it was only his compassion for Scott that he actually stopped and got off him without Referee, Towel or Tap out stoppage. This could have EASILY been a death in the UFC and there was no one really in a position to do anything about it.

If you want to hear the story (and many other really cool old school UFC stories) go on Youtube and search 'Eddie Bravo Big John Pod Cast'.

Yeah, luckily for everyone Pat Smith just stopped the barrage. Had he decided to keep going it would have certainly been the end of the UFC.

Not UFC but:

travis-fulton-slam-o.gif

Also, I saw this IVC fight once on the fight network, I don't know either fighter (it might have been IVC 2), but head butts were legal, and one guy headbutted the other from inside of his guard... he headbutted him right in the chest, and the guy on the bottom screamed in pain for like 5 minutes. Most brutal thing I've seen in a fight.

Seeing dudes out on their feet, actually being kept upright by punches always scares me a bit. These were pretty brutal:

pat-curran-kos-joe-warren1.gif

1440156_o.gif

The Baroni vs Menne fight is one of my all time favorite finishes.

Fucking brutal

Not UFC but:

travis-fulton-slam-o.gif

Also, I saw this IVC fight once on the fight network, I don't know either fighter (it might have been IVC 2), but head butts were legal, and one guy headbutted the other from inside of his guard... he headbutted him right in the chest, and the guy on the bottom screamed in pain for like 5 minutes. Most brutal thing I've seen in a fight.

Oh Travis Fulton.

Never understood why they would pit a guy with like 150 fights against a dude who's about 60 to 80 lbs lighter with virtually no mma experience. Because that's what you end up with.

how bout the one where Rogan was commenting how the guy countered with "A right and a scary face". I forget the fighters name

Phil Baroni vs Dace Menne was pretty scary to see.

And, perhaps because it was my introduction to MMA, but in UFC 2, Remco Pardoel vs. Orlando Weit -- I thought Remco killed him.

Gary Goodridge vs. someone he had in a crucifix. That sh*t is brutal I thought someone is gonna die in front of millions of people.

I looked it up, and I'm thinking it was IVC 5:

Milton Bahia def. Eric Tavares via Submission (Headbutts) Rd 1 12:52

When Glover turned Maldonado's brain into mush with elbows.

Babalu/Heath looked like a murder scene at the end, that could have been the first death in the UFC.

sobralheathma0.gif

Abbot v Nelmark has to be up there. I thought Nelmark was dead or had a broken neck/back for a second.

4v3g5y.jpg

Abbot v Matua was also horrific at the time.

r8cqw6.jpg

Goddamn some poster mentioned in another thread how it's not the big muscular fighters that are a gift to MMA...it's the pudgy ones :icon_lol:

I wonder why? Very strange...maybe just HW's?:
Fedor, Cain, Nelson, Hunt, Cormier, etc

Oh Travis Fulton.

Never understood why they would pit a guy with like 150 fights against a dude who's about 60 to 80 lbs lighter with virtually no mma experience. Because that's what you end up with.

Unregulated shows FTL.

Back