Scariest fight in UFC

Gary Goodridge-Paul Hererra at UFC 8. Best elbow KO EVER!

What was most surprising about Glover/Maldonado is the fact that Glover got rocked once during that fight. Although he dominated 99.9999999999% of that fight, the fact that he got wobbled by such a wild and sloppy punch doesn't bode well against guys like Jones who are very measured, and guys with bone crushing power.

had say Rashad Evans hit Glover with a similar punch, Glover would have woke up wondering what kind of truck ran him over.

With that said, I agree it was brutal, and When Brock lesnar was ramming his cinder block fists into Mir's face while Mir was completely unable to defend and the ref was very slow to stop it, Cyborg putting a MAJOR ass whooping on Jan Finney. The Tim Sylvia/ Tre Telligman fight ending head kick was rediculous. I really never would have thought Big Timmay could get his leg up like that.

There are lots of fights where I was screaming at the TV "STOP THE FUCKING FIGHT REF!!!"

Frank Shamrock vs Igor Zinoviev

Ohh yeah, good call.

tumblr_m6x9q0kNmm1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Tank's Ko over nelmark, he looks dead when you see the gif,Babalu vs Heath, so much blood and he refuse to let go the choke

Babalu vs Heath looked like an attempted murder.

I think when you know the whole story 'Pat Smith vs. Scott Morris' is probably one of the scariest. According to Big John who reffed this fight when he was on Eddie Bravos pod cast he detailed that in this fight the Referee could not stop the fight, he simply was not allowed to no matter how bad someone was being beaten.

He said in the POD cast that he explained to the corner men (who at the time were the only people other than the fighter able to stop the fight) that if he thought the fighter was in trouble he would say 'Check your fighter' and that if he thought the fighter had had enough we would say 'Watch your fighter' (it might be the other way around but it is similar to that).

Anyway as Pat is beating the shit out of Scott Morris big John is screaming at his corner 'Watch your fighter' over and over. Apparently out of the view of the camera the corner man actually turned around and threw the towel into the crowd. Essentially forfeiting any way they could actually stop the fight, it would be later explained to Big John the Scott actually instructed his corner that under no circumstances were they to throw in the towel.

Meanwhile Pat is landing some of the nastiest elbows we have ever seen in the UFC and it was only his compassion for Scott that he actually stopped and got off him without Referee, Towel or Tap out stoppage. This could have EASILY been a death in the UFC and there was no one really in a position to do anything about it.

If you want to hear the story (and many other really cool old school UFC stories) go on Youtube and search 'Eddie Bravo Big John Pod Cast'.

*edit* here is the story at 2:02:00

Last edited:
Seeing dudes out on their feet, actually being kept upright by punches always scares me a bit. These were pretty brutal:

pat-curran-kos-joe-warren1.gif

1440156_o.gif

I think when you know the whole story 'Pat Smith vs. Scott Morris' is probably one of the scariest. According to Big John who reffed this fight when he was on Eddie Bravos pod cast he detailed that in this fight the Referee could not stop the fight, he simply was not allowed to no matter how bad someone was being beaten.

He said in the POD cast that he explained to the corner men (who at the time were the only people other than the fighter able to stop the fight) that if he thought the fighter was in trouble he would say 'Check your fighter' and that if he thought the fighter had had enough we would say 'Watch your fighter' (it might be the other way around but it is similar to that).

Anyway as Pat is beating the shit out of Scott Morris big John is screaming at his corner 'Watch your fighter' over and over. Apparently out of the view of the camera the corner man actually turned around and threw the towel into the crowd. Essentially forfeiting any way they could actually stop the fight, it would be later explained to Big John the Scott actually instructed his corner that under no circumstances were they to throw in the towel.

Meanwhile Pat is landing some of the nastiest elbows we have ever seen in the UFC and it was only his compassion for Scott that he actually stopped and got off him without Referee, Towel or Tap out stoppage. This could have EASILY been a death in the UFC and there was no one really in a position to do anything about it.

If you want to hear the story (and many other really cool old school UFC stories) go on Youtube and search 'Eddie Bravo Big John Pod Cast'.

I cant embed but in case anyone needs a refresher here is the Vid.
http://youtu.be/aVSpZZHBupA

Damn that's pretty crazy to see the ref just standng there as the guy gets his face elbowed into the mat.

Matt Lindland going out against Belfort or That horrendous Torres knockout.

Two scary knockouts.

My vote goes to Tank vs John Matua

I thought Matua dies in the cage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back