SBBC: Youngest Crip Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the guy who brought the whack juvies to the Hall in my area.
fuckers minded their manners in my care and I know the Hall didn't tolerate
any shit whatsoever.
after than, meh, who knows.
but I'm talking 14,15, 16 yr old bastards, not little kids.

In truth, I had the fun job. I was in charge of the rec program, which most foster care agencies don't have, but we were trying to keep the kids socializing with peers going through the same things. I lead groups, activities, outings and supervised the one-on-one 'Youth Advocates'. I also did a lot of 1-on-1 stuff too. Most of the time I played sports, games, built soap box derby racers, directed plays, printed t-shirts and went on hikes. I used to take kids to the museums, aquarium and movies all the time. If it wasn't for the incredibly depressing shit, it was the best job ever. I took kids to Six Flags, Great Wolf Lodge, Hershey Park, and Disney World as a school reward for good grades. And I got to do whatever I wanted with my department budget for the year so long as certain things were covered, so we let the kids choose some pretty cool stuff. The budget was shit, but begging stores and activity type places is easier than you'd think when it's kids with disabilities.

I felt bad for the Case Managers (Social Workers) they dealt with all the shit and got to do none of the fun stuff. I covered a lot of the terrible situations, but at least half of my time was really fun.
In a previous job I was the fucker you felt sorry for. Not with kids, but with retarded adults. Got punched, kicked, bit, and even stabbed. Sounds gay, but when you really felt liked you helped someone it was well worth it.

any shit whatsoever.
We had them newborn to 21 year olds.
I loved working with the teens because occasionally you had one or two that would actually start taking a vested interest in their lives. Not easy to do when you've been shipped from house to house whether you like it or not for a while, much less most of your life. I was the 1-on-1 for pretty much all the delinquent teen boys because the only other dude I had was a pussy.

David Simon would be a good vehicle to tell some of those stories, IWB & Graves. lol

Moscow mule is quite a good drink

Today for my work I was hanging out with a really old dude. He had a big ass axehandle in his hands. Wasn't a fan of me. Everyone on the block says he carries two pistols with him. Didn't have them today. Tomorrow his life will probably change forever because of me. Been doing this shit for a few years, but it is still crazy when I have to completely turn someones life inside out.

HAHA I was just going back over the encounter in my mind and while I was talking with some neighbors I had the nagging feeling that one of them looked really familiar. It just clicked, that dude looked just like Krazy Horse. Probably a little bigger, but the whole time I was talking to him I was thinking I recognized that face.

Reminds me of some of the kids I worked with in foster care. Nothing like getting swung on by a 5 year old holding a large rock calling you a bitch because you have to take them back to their foster home from their family visit.

So you have a nurturing prism to your flesh Mr Batman, interesting....

any shit whatsoever.

Were they fresh delinquents?

Today for my work I was hanging out with a really old dude. He had a big ass axehandle in his hands. Wasn't a fan of me. Everyone on the block says he carries two pistols with him. Didn't have them today. Tomorrow his life will probably change forever because of me. Been doing this shit for a few years, but it is still crazy when I have to completely turn someones life inside out.

We had them newborn to 21 year olds.
I loved working with the teens because occasionally you had one or two that would actually start taking a vested interest in their lives. Not easy to do when you've been shipped from house to house whether you like it or not for a while, much less most of your life. I was the 1-on-1 for pretty much all the delinquent teen boys because the only other dude I had was a pussy.

giphy.gif

it is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society, Mr. senri

stop the thinly veiled gay hunger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back