SBBC: Our Place in the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a Bishop, not a pastor. He's the leader of the Episcopalian church in New York, which is the direct offshoot of the Anglican church. I actually thought it was a great sermon. He was using quotes about love, it was a nice change of pace from yesterday.
It was to over the top. Takes away from the ceremony itself.

It was to over the top. Takes away from the ceremony itself.
I didn't give two shits about this thing, so him and the music (classical and gospel) were the only things I found interesting anyways. Seeing the queen shift in her seat during it was enough for me. Lol.

I got woken up by my wife watching it this morning. Blackest thing that has ever happened at Windsor castle ever. Lol. African American bishop quoting MLK and negro spirituals during the sermon, Gospel choir singing 'Stand By Me', then they leave the church to 'This Little Light of Mine'? LMAO, I thought the queen was going to have a heart attack.

In my version of Utopia, the royals are taken to the wood chipper. That includes the little ones as well. They can go straight from private/border schools while still in uniform.

So my wife just played me that stupid Laurel/Yanny clip that had the internet on fire this week. Don't know why people are arguing. First time I heard it one way, next time the other. Am I the only one that can hear both?

Reminds me of this:

Apparently some people only see her spinning clockwise, others only counter-clockwise. It's weird because she keeps changing directions to me.

My folks sold their house (the one I grew up in) almost 2 yrs ago. They moved into a 1980s condo -- rather than one of the countless glitzy new ones that populate Toronto's skyline -- and it's full of old people. While in the elevator I saw flyer that said:

"Come join us in the meeting room for the Royal wedding"

"Attire: hat and gloves"

I wanted to puke on the spot. There is nothing more embarrassing about Canadians than the idea that they flock to sit roadside anytime a royal visits.

In my version of Utopia, the royals are taken to the wood chipper. That includes the little ones as well. They can go straight from private/border schools while still in uniform.
Interestingly, I think Thomas More would have agreed had he held off writing his version of Utopia a little while. Though he wouldn't have known what a wood chipper was. Lol.

That includes the little ones as well. They can go straight from private/border schools while still in uniform.
giphy.gif

Savage TRD. Out of curiosity do a lot of Canadians think that way? Maybe not kill them all and be done with it, but dislike the royal family.

Preakness is about to begin...

Any of our DMV brothers enjoying this event?

Watching Independence Day.

Best movie speech ever. Go.

Any Given Sunday is numba 1. Presidents speech in Independence Day is good as well.

LOL, ppl waited all day for the dumb horse race in the rain and mud and right at post time, a massive fog moved in almost obscuring the entire event.
How do ppl Justify that?

LOL, ppl waited all day for the dumb horse race in the rain and mud and right at post time, a massive fog moved in almost obscuring the entire event.
How do ppl Justify that?
Most people who go don't give a fuck about the race (most can't even see it when it happens, lol). It's an enormous party/event. People as far as the eye can see, just hammered. They had to put in some rules a decade ago or maybe longer now, because it was just getting out of control.

tsk tsk, another event excuse to get shittered.
that's understandable.
plus they have multiple races as well, right?
it's not like ppl go there for one race.

going back and forth between the Caps getting raped and McUFC from Chilly.
3 chick fights on the card.
camel toe LOOMS

Savage TRD. Out of curiosity do a lot of Canadians think that way? Maybe not kill them all and be done with it, but dislike the royal family.

Numbers are increasing. When I was a kid, Canada was still full of ex-pats with british accents. My high school history class had a not so subtle propaganda message white-washing Colonialism, on a level that Goebbels would have respected.

The amazing thing about wanker-land is that tehy have done an amazing job of getting a pass for being pseudo Nazis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back