Ryron Gracie vs Andre Galvao superfight

Originally Posted by KarateFist
what view of yours will change exactly? Ryron doesn't just teach, he trains hard everyday and their academy gets a shitload of world class black belts all the time that come to train so he's exposed to the best in the world, I have Galvao as the favorite but it would be wrong to assume that Ryron is just a teacher who's unaware of the skill level out there

what high lvl black belts (champions and placers) train at torrence or come by on a regular basis? IIRC Rockson goes to saulo's and not to Torrence.

Glover wanted 15 mins No Gi

Mendes wanted 20 mins Gi.

Glover didn't seem to have any interest in a Gi match. No Gi he has a good chance. People shouldn't underestimate his ability there.

Galvao will smash Ryron.

what high lvl black belts (champions and placers) train at torrence or come by on a regular basis? IIRC Rockson goes to saulo's and not to Torrence.

Interesting cause Rockson has been dead for sometime now.

You mean Kron??

I am pretty excited for Glovers match, he has a much better shot with no time limit. But beating a roosterweight world champ doesn't exactly equate to beating Rafa. Gui would probably be a much more competitive match, but as long as Glover doesn't do bong rips in the parking lot while eating a burrito before the match he should do well.

but as long as Glover doesn't do bong rips in the parking lot while eating a burrito before the match he should do well.

He'll do fine against either without a gi and he's going to eat a burrito and smoke before. That's apart of his character.

Last edited:
Really? I just don't see a guy who rarely competes being able to keep up with a super athletic, uber conditioned guy like Galvao for 20 minutes. Andre will put him on his back fast, and I don't think Ryron can keep him from passing his guard...I'd estimate Andre is on top for at least 15 minutes of this fight. In that length of time, starting from side control, Andre Galvao is going to finish almost anyone in the world, much less Ryron Gracie. I think you're vastly underestimating the gap in competitive ability between a guy who mostly teaches and a guy who's a world champion professional athlete.

Ryron rolls with Xande and few other black belts that compete so it is nothing new to him. Andre does not tap out everyone he goes against so it is possible that he won't catch Ryron. I think the match will be a tie with nobody submitting anybody. 20 minutes is a long time in a competitive setting so the one that is relaxed the most will have the best chance of winning. We already seen Ryron roll at a submission only tournament and was totally relaxed in the matches he had. So yeah I think Ryron has a chance.

Last edited:
Lovato was offered a sub only fight with a Gracie as well.

booooooooooooooooring

i love bjj but cant stad to watch it.

more people would watch if they put on gloves and started beating the horse shit out of each other.

yeah, only people who actually train in real life like to watch bjj matches. sorry for your loss.

haha, burn!!!

I would be incredibly impressed if Ryron comes out and beats a world class competition champion. I know ryron has the skills, and i know he is a great teacher, but to come out on top in competition against one of the best competitors in the world would really be impressive.
I know he lives for Jiu jitsu, and its been in his life since before he can remember, but rolling/sparring is one thing, and competing is another. It would prove a lot if he could come out on top.

not sure if someone already confirmed but Andre told us at class today it is Buchecha vs Roger Gracie Jeff Glover vs Rafa and him (Galvao) vs Ryron.. at the hardrock in san diego.. im excited! xD

anyone have more information about this event? Location? Time? Fighters?

Would not disrespect Ryron in this fight. I'd love to see it. I am skeptical but I'd love to see it, like I said..

Lovato and Lister > Glover but Glover is capable of being the man soon!

Are these superfights even confirmed or still all rumours? Im mostly interested in Roger vs Buchecha but the others fights seem ok albeit a little unevenly matched

not sure if someone already confirmed but Andre told us at class today it is Buchecha vs Roger Gracie Jeff Glover vs Rafa and him (Galvao) vs Ryron.. at the hardrock in san diego.. im excited! xD

That fits with what Ryron and Ralek told us in class. October 14th in San Diego, venue will hold 12,000.

anyone have more information about this event? Location? Time? Fighters?

See JayNaranjo's post above. I can only tell you what Ryron and Ralek told us, which is October 14th in San Diego.

Are these superfights even confirmed or still all rumours? Im mostly interested in Roger vs Buchecha but the others fights seem ok albeit a little unevenly matched

It is not officially announced yet. I made the post based on what Ryron and Ralek said in class. Roger confirmed his fight on twitter a few days ago. He confirmed the October 14th date this morning as well.

I'm so excited!

i-m-so-excited-o.gif

so it's not at ADCC trials? I have a feeling it is, because same date and city. But I doubt costa mesa high can hold 12,000.

what view of yours will change exactly? Ryron doesn't just teach, he trains hard everyday and their academy gets a shitload of world class black belts all the time that come to train so he's exposed to the best in the world, I have Galvao as the favorite but it would be wrong to assume that Ryron is just a teacher who's unaware of the skill level out there

Modern sport BJJ versus "traditional Gracie Jiu Jitsu." Experience and logic tells us that the modern sport grappler will win in a sport setting, because the game has evolved to become more effective in that context. Plus Galvao is easily top 5 in the world p4p.

That said, I'll believe it when I see it. These things always have a way of falling apart.

I know Jake Shields does, or at least used to. Kron as well.

Awesome, any word on if this will live streamed?

Back