Rumor: Khabib Retiring Due to Illness

Incorrect diagnosis. Ferguson Phobia Syndrome is the likely culprit. But symptoms seem to abate when the likelihood of fighting Ferguson is more remote. So expect him to recover at some point.

In all seriousness, sad if true.

Last edited:
UFC-194-TONY-FERGUSON-MMAnytt-Photo-Mazdak-Cavian-2.jpg
Lol.. Tony just shave it off please .

wait for the official statement. and official medical reports

No offense and I hope I'm wrong here, but this seems like something that Ali Dabadee would spin in favor of his client.
I really hope I'm just imagining things here, I'd be more than happy to apologize for being a giant dick but my gut tells me that this is just a whole spinjob.

My giant dick gut tells me that Khabib missed weight, and is now doing what Ali Adel is telling him to do. They're going to play it out like Khabib has some serious condition, the manager dude plants a few rumor seeds here and there while no medical reports are ever made public, no doctor's statements... and all of a sudden Khabib is coming back and BOOM yayy we fans are just so glad that Khabib doesn't have to retire and will be fighting again.

I think this is just a bad weightcut gone way overboard... PR rookie move by Ali and-the-bees

Whatever it is, the favorable hoping on my part is that Khabib's health is okay.

Budd Chiari syndrome is what they're calling it I think. I'm about to try to find a link to the source unless someone else finds it first. Just saw it on FB.

Edit: here's the post. I'll try to find a better source.

IMG_0400.png

Edit 2: here's another source.

http://www.mmathread.com/rumor-khabib-serious-medical-condition-may-force-retirement/
I think this may be right.

The liver is a resilient organ with lots of blood supply. So, if you are having liver pains because of lack of blood flow, then you are in SERIOUS trouble.

It takes years for the liver to fail. Something has to be seriously wrong for that to happen.

I will wait for an official statement. Hopefully this is false and he is OK.

I would have been a real dick for saying he blew it when he actually had a real medical condition.

Back