Rumor: Khabib Retiring Due to Illness

Hans Gercmiov

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Budd Chiari syndrome is what they're calling it I think. I'm about to try to find a link to the source unless someone else finds it first. Just saw it on FB.

Edit: here's the post. I'll try to find a better source.

IMG_0400.png

Edit 2: here's another source.

http://www.mmathread.com/rumor-khabib-serious-medical-condition-may-force-retirement/

Last edited:
C'est la vie.

It has no significant meaning anymore. No to me.

Affects one in a million people.

Horrible.

If true, wish him all the best.
There is nothing more important than your health.

That would be devastating.

Screw all the reactive dickheads in here that were railing on the guy for being sick like he could help it.

A Facebook group with a troll face profile pic is a "source"?

dude has been cutting weight for over 15 years and you guys believe the fake news? cmonnnn. fighters need to stop sucking their bodies dry and just fight at a natural weight. when you walk around at 190 a week before you need to make weight at 155 you know there will be issues.

And everyone questioned me whenever I said Kabeb had to pull out due to fluke illness

Do you inherit by having Brown Bear DNA?

grizzly.jpg

probably true. apparently he was having liver failure the night before the fight. not enough bloodflow to his liver or something

this is the scarier fact about the illness:
The prognosis is poor in patients with Budd-Chiari syndrome who remain untreated, with death resulting from progressive liver failure in 3 months to 3 years from the time of the diagnosis..
Following portosystemic shunting, however, the 5-year survival rate for patients with the syndrome is 38-87%. The actuarial 5-year survival rate following liver transplantation is 70%.

The illness is mainly found in bears. It's has been know to be contagious to it's rivals and spread during battle.

Or he cannot get his Russian "supplements" in the USADA era as easily so he cannot cut anymore. I mean all Russian athletes are clean as a whistle amirite?

Back