Rumor : GSP vs Bisping @ UFC 211

Well since GSP will be literally the only draw left (and Jones when he comes back), I'm not surprised.

So Basically, GSP fights Bisping, becomes a multi-division champ, Vacates belt if he wins, Romero/Jacare fight for the vacant belt in summer, GSP challenges Conor or Anderson for super fights OR gets the winner of Woodley/Thompson for the WW title in late 2017.

I friggin love this scenario!! Who wouldn't??? Honestly, what's wrong with this from a sports entertainment standpoint?

Gsp must fight Wonderboy vs Woodley winner. That is the perfect fight for him. I don't know how Gsp vs Bisping even makes any sense. Give Yoel his title shot damnit.
Here's why it makes sense.

GSP beats Bisping and he's a multi-division champ.

He vacates the title with the "multi-champ" feather in his cap as he states WW is his home and his goal is to reclaim what was his.

He then fights Woodley/Thompson winner in September-December or even possibly the Maia vs Thompson/Woodley winner if they fight in the summer.

He reclaims his second belt by years end.

He then has a champion vs champion fight vs Conor in early 2018.

Wins that and retires or possibly Anderson super fight or another WW title defence maybe against Askren by that point.

GSP is fully retired and 20 million richer by the end of 2018.

Friggin YES!!!!

I really can't imagine GSP wanting to fight Romero in 4-6 months. I just hope the division moves forward.

Having said that, I am a huge GSP fan and want him to win this MW title and become the true GOAT.

He will never fight Romero or any other MW other than Bisping.

He wants the opportunity to claim the MW strap and add "multi-division champ" to his resume before going back to get WW gold.

Penn did the exact same thing when he scored WW gold and vacated. He's still viewed as a multi-division champ without defending.

This makes sense!

I have no clue if Bisping is injured or not but why wouldn't GSP Co-Headline ? I don't see that as an issue at all. UFC might be trying to stack the event.

I agree, that fight should be main eventing an UK or Canadian card, USA card? Not mandatory

Hoping this to be bullshit. Has to be.

No way they waste this is on 211 when they can sell in canada and it will do well on its own ppv.
GSP's next fight for the WW title in Canada will do just fine...trust...

If the fight happens we will all watch and be interested, so why complain?

I imagine if Bisping wins he will do as he said and fight Yoel shortly after, and if GSP wins Bisping will retire.

Bisping wins and retired right after the fight, with a winning streak on: Silva, Rockhold, Henderson and St Pierre, two of the MMA GOATs and one legend (and probably top 10 MMA GOAT too)

Crazy af on paper

I'm not a fan of this if it happens. There are guys at MW that deserve a shot at the title more than GSP.

The UFC is just about money and I get that but it kills any legitimacy they may have had. You no longer have to earn title shots you just have to have a big name.

Is this the new fan base driving this?

Romero needs to rematch Jacare for the real number 1 contender spot.

Unless its a card with Conor....
Which they'd never do anyway. Short of a UFC 300 card or something, GSP and Conor won't share the same PPV. Way more money to be made having them fight on different cards.

he uninjured himself after hearing he don't have to fight yoel anymore
He had a surgery already and he can't fight until he heals. I mean we all know he's trying his best to duck Romero, but he is actually injured and did actually have surgery.

Am I the only one who is excited for this fight? I don't feel bad that Yoel is getting passed up. GSP v Bisping will be awesome and is a great test to see if GSP still has it. New weight class, against the bigger man. Whoever wins this will be an even bigger star. I think it is a win / win.

GSP by grapplefuck 50-45. Bisping is going to get worked !!!

Remember when Tryon got shit for "ducking" Wonderboy? Michael Bisping is ducking his entire division blatantly.

As far as I know, GSP targeted Bisping, and Mike agreed. Would be a fool not to. Way bigger payday and easier fight.

Can't wait to see it, if it happens!

I wonder how the betting odds will be for this fight. If GSP is the underdog, it would definitely be worth putting some money down on him.

Remember when Tryon got shit for "ducking" Wonderboy? Michael Bisping is ducking his entire division blatantly.

British Privelege.

Even Conor can't get away from ducking accusations.

Back