Rumor : GSP vs Bisping @ UFC 211

How does fight make sense to anybody? The UFC is a fucking shit show now.

Probably BS rumour but...

CObdFlbUcAA7wE9.jpg

Romero is getting screwed again, but if you're Bisping you can't turn down GSP's return fight. I hope he makes bank.

No way they waste this is on 211 when they can sell in canada and it will do well on its own ppv.

It turns out the rumor says it would be the headline, so I stand corrected anyway, but there is exactly a 0 percent chance that GSP does not headline a PPV in his return fight, especially if it's for a title. He'd easily be the second biggest draw in the UFC after Conor. We're talking about the return of one of the greatest of all time (if not THE greatest of all time) and that's not a co-headline fight.
Unless its a card with Conor....

I'm not really a fan of this fight for a couple of reasons...

First is that I want one of Bisping or GSP to be Anderson Silva's next fight. There's other opponents for GSP, and a line of Middleweight contenders for Bisping.

Second is -- what happens if GSP becomes MW champion? I don't see him being willing to fight Romero or Jacare or Rockhold or Weidman.

This is a tough fight for GSP IMO. He can't keep at distance with jabs and outpoint Bisping, because he's smaller than him. He isn't a big 1-shot KO artist. And he'll have a hard time taking Bisping down and keeping him down over 5 rounds. Bisping's TDD is great, and he'll be fresher than GSP in later rounds.

If true and GSP wins ...... It will make GSP vs. Anderson a bigger draw than it currently is. Many still want to see Anderson vs GSP but the hype for it has died down allot compared to when they both were at the top. GSP getting the belt then fighting Anderson will bring allot of that hype back. Which I am sure Dana / UFC have in mind with a Bisping vs GSP match up.

Let's not forget Tim Kennedy wrestle fucked Bisping for 5 rounds. I'm a big fan of both fighters but I can see GSP winning if he uses his speed to get angles and goes for takedowns from the sides. He can win with a Khabib like game plan.

Bisping has also taken a bit of recent damage. Anderson cracked him with a flying knee and Hendo H-bombed him twice. So Bisping has taken more damage recently than GSP, who will come in the fresher fighter.

I'm not saying GSP will win, but this is going to be a good fight.

If the fight happens we will all watch and be interested, so why complain?

I imagine if Bisping wins he will do as he said and fight Yoel shortly after, and if GSP wins Bisping will retire.

First the Holm/GDR rematch and now this.... if both turn out to be true, it's time to declare war on WME.

Good for Bisping.

Blame the UFC. Man, I still can't believe the Fertitta's and Dana. Made off like bandits, amazing.

Remember when Tryon got shit for "ducking" Wonderboy? Michael Bisping is ducking his entire division blatantly.
Well I'd duck the whole division for that payday as well. It's not like he's taking an easy fight anyway.

Kinda hard to call it ducking when you're excepting a fight with arguably the goat

If true, Romero/Jacare 2 must happen.

No one should have a problem with Bisping taking this fight. It's the biggest payday of his career and a legit challenge. Even during the Zuffa era they said if GSP came back he would cut in line.

Can't hold taking a GSP fight against Bisping. Imagine if Bisping Beats GSP. He would have became the 185lb champion, Defended the belt two times and beat Anderson and GSP. If this fight were to take place and Bisping were to win ... he should just retired as Champion directly afterwards. It doesn't get much better than that.

Lets say GSP wins and is now the MW champ. I bet he positions himself to challenge for the WW strap, wins it also, and becomes the second 2 division champ. Then there will be the super fight of ages between GSP and Conor.

Now we kind of have 4 fucked up divisions.

If Dana screws Yoel over like this he really is a filthy motherfucker.

Back