Ruben Report- left leaning guest "the left is now a movement against working class people" | Page 4

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by unimackpass, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Falsedawn Killer of Gimmicks

Falsedawn
    Guy saying Hillary Clinton is a crook (and who is totally a centrist guys, believe him) says that without proof, there's nothing on Trump.

{<jordan}

B O T H S I D E S

[​IMG]

tonni, HomerThompson and Quipling like this.
  2. Datura Purple Belt

Datura
    Ok so if I go out on a limb and agree that it's a fallacy and that jobs just automatically appear out of thin air for low skilled immigrants to have then why are so many people on wellfare? There's TONS of jobs right?

There must also be a high wage labour fallacy too? If I want a three figure salary then there must be countless opportunities to just take these jobs? Nevermind the competition, a position will just materialize out of thin air for me to take according to you.

"Referring to energy rather than people." We saw how the left reacted to the travel ban. I'm sure all that crying and protesting was because Trump didn't want Somolian "energy" coming into the states.

3. Datura Purple Belt

Datura
    Keep collecting those cool gifs to insult people with. I hope you have enough saved for seven more years.

Contra-dictator likes this.
  4. Falsedawn Killer of Gimmicks

Falsedawn
    Uh oh, your centrist facade is slipping. I'd hate for you to be exposed as a gullible right wing dipshit more than you already have been lmfao.

Go on pede, I know you wanna talk about Uranium One, give in to your retard side. Muller is corrupt, come on buddeh. I know you're burning up right now.

HomerThompson likes this.
  5. Datura Purple Belt

Datura
    Yes, yes...we're all nazi's, right wing retards, etc. Heard it all before. Anything else?

6. Falsedawn Killer of Gimmicks

Falsedawn
    We? And why are you so hung up on Nazis? Sounds like someone is finally dropping all pretenses.

E X P O S E D

tonni and HomerThompson like this.
  7. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    Jobs don't automatically appear out of thin air. Why play dumb like that? You have more workers, more value being produced, more needs, more money being spent, etc. Look at parts of the country seeing their population decline. Are the people who remain seeing wages skyrocket and unemployment fall?

And most people who receive means-tested income support from the gov't are children, elderly, or disabled (not even counting people who are supporting others who fall into that category).

What are you talking about?

Again, what?

Phisher and HomerThompson like this.
  8. Hard To Tell Brown Belt

Hard To Tell
    If you're an ordinary working class person then just listen to the rhetoric that comes from the liberal political elite, Hollywood, right-on celebrities, most of the entertainment industry, the left leaning msm, late night TV hosts like John Oliver. Then also look at how useful idiot far-left action groups like AntiFa conduct themselves.

These people hate your guts.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    WhitebeltXL, unimackpass and Datura like this.
  9. Datura Purple Belt

Datura
    Bringing more low skilled workers over doesn't automatically mean more jobs are going to appear. If it did, then millions of immigrants would be moving to Detroit based on your theory. They don't, they move into more competitive markets like California and New York.

10. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    The question is whether it brings more new jobs than new workers. Looks like it probably does, but it's a close call. But there is no question that it brings new jobs. Not that that's even relevant.

That seems to be more of a problem for your theory. Shouldn't a falling population in Detroit lead to higher wages and lower unemployment? The fact that places that get a lot of immigration have booming economies seems to support what I'm saying.

HomerThompson likes this.
  11. panamaican Senior Moderator

panamaican
    I always hate when people complain about society restricting speech through social pressure. That is how society is supposed to work. Society, as a group, decides what it deems acceptable and rewards/punishes individuals accordingly. Society, as an entity, does not have to embrace find all opinions equally. So long as society does not criminalize speech via government, you want a society that decides what's acceptable in the public square.

I think the question about trusting people is a good one. But I disagree with his interpretation that it's a left/right divide. A large part of my current disagreement with the GOP is specifically that they've made choices that run contrary to the free market, good governance and they're attempting to regulate people's personal choices...just in a different direction than the left.

I agree that the left isn't the party of the working class anymore. The mistake is then thinking that the right is simply because they're not the left.

I also don't agree that populist decisions indicate working class interests. I think "low information" voters are a real thing. That's not to say that those voters shouldn't have the opportunity to weigh in and vote on issues that matter to them. But I think there's a difference between voting for something and understanding what you're voting for. For example - the recent tax bill that Congress voted on. The Senators received the full copy of the bill only shortly before they voted on it. They voted largely on party lines via political populism. Sure, they voted for something but it's very unlikely that the majority of them understood what they were voting on, pro or con. So I think we need to be careful about confusing active self-governance with informed self-governance. We should always support self-governance but let's deify it as more informed than it is.

jimmas99 and HomerThompson like this.
  12. unimackpass Brown Belt

unimackpass
    It's amazing how quickly the "alt-right" will be spouted by the trained parrots. I'm sure there are a few of those rascals out there but it's bin turned into a bed time story to scare people for the most part.
    It's a shortcut used so people don't have to have a actual discussion the same way calling everyone a racist was/is a weapon. It ends up trading perceived short term gains for actual long term loss. People like yourself that actually think things through not only don't want to play their games but no longer want to be on their team.

BEER and Bald1 like this.
  13. curryjunkie mixed marital arts...

curryjunkie
  14. lifelessheap Silver Belt

lifelessheap

Do you really think I shouldn't be allowed to work for a company without paying into a union? Why shouldn't I have the right to make an employment agreement directly with a company?

unimackpass likes this.
  15. Mark Cutting War Ensemble

Mark Cutting
    I don't vote g.o.p, geek. So edgy...

unimackpass likes this.
  16. Ham Socks #Professional Fighter

Ham Socks
    Don't let this distract you from the fact that the republicans are supporting a child molester.

17. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    The left needs the poor to stay poor. I'm not sure why this is such a revelation.

Contra-dictator and unimackpass like this.
  18. Gandhi Birdie num nums

Gandhi

I didn’t change my views but I used to agree with progressives and I had a awakening and I changed a little bit on economics
    Wtf is he saying?

Kafir-kun and HomerThompson like this.
  19. unimackpass Brown Belt

unimackpass
    Ah, not sure this thread was about the millions of possible issues that could be talked about. There's more than one thread going on about all datt kinda stuff going on.

But feel free to turn this into a "whatta bout dis whatta bout datt" thread if you like. Might be a lonely conversation doe.

20. Phisher Red Belt

Phisher
    Pathetic attempt at trying to explain why he's a "real liberal" and the rest of the left has gone to shit.

Kafir-kun and HomerThompson like this.