Ruben Report- left leaning guest "the left is now a movement against working class people"

Not surprised that the Jewish guy is against European unification and using England to do it.
Last time that has happened England lost their colonies this time they are going to lose the Kingdom.

Also let's see how well the UK working-class is doing in 50 years compared to the EU when they are outside the single market and are entirely open to the American and Chinese meddling with their economy. All those bureaucracy, laws and rules etc. also served as protection against those two economies.
Well of course whatever is left from the UK maybe England and Wales.

Not surprised that the Jewish guy is against European unification and using England to do it.
Last time that has happened England lost their colonies this time they are going to lose the Kingdom.

Also let's see how well the UK working-class is doing in 50 years compared to the EU when they are outside the single market and are entirely open to the American and Chinese meddling with their economy. All those bureaucracy, laws and rules etc. also served as protection against those two economies.
Well of course whatever is left from the UK maybe England and Wales.
Brendan O'Neil is Jewish? Or are you talking about Dave Rubin? I don't think Rubin really cares about Brexit since he's not British. He was just following along to what Brendan was saying.

In addition to being an obvious fallacy if you are familiar with the Rubin Report you’d know he has moved well to the right after leaving TYT. In fact, that’s more or less his selling point as the only remaining liberal.

He endorsed a guy that wants to privatize roads:

https://www.austinpetersen.com/dave_rubin_endorses_austin

Thinks MLK (who supported affirmative action and reparations) would be a conservative today.

There are many more examples...

It’s not a left wing show imo

He is a bit hard to pin down in a lot of ways which is what I like about his show. I haven't seen him slant anything that I'm aware of and many times will bring up opposing ideas to enrich the conversation.

He let's people articulate their full position against gay marriage without insulting them or why they are pro abortion. I can respect his aproach no matter right or left leaning, at least there are no clapping seals.

Brendan O'Neil is Jewish? Or are you talking about Dave Rubin? I don't think Rubin really cares about Brexit since he's not British. He was just following along to what Brendan was saying.

Yep, I notice that as well after my comment :).
But hey it wouldn't be Sherdog if I would read the OP carefully and watch the video before giving my ill-informed opinion.

Brexit is is multifaceted but I found his perspective on the lefts response to it insightful. Calling people bigots as a response (slander isn't a argument) emboldened people rather than shaming them into submission as they arrogantly thought would be the outcome. Shaming is the new debate tactic, check out any threde around here ;). The same thing went on during the election (deplorables and baskets full at that :) ) only affirmed what people believed they were up against.

Eh. Wasn't my experience of the brexit debate for 97% of people on either side IMHO (but the racists and bigots seemed to land on the pro brexit side). The EU debate from my perspective was around notions of sovereignty and what brexit would achieve in real terms (the objectives for leaving and what would happen afterwards were so undefined it was poor policy) and the wisdom for making a massive constitutional decision via referendum was called in to question.

If you look at how brexit is going you'll probably see that a lot of peoples fears have materialised.

But no I don't think calling people ignorant bigots is a good debating tactic. I personally didn't meet a single pro brexit person who could explain how it was going to help anyone though.

LMAO, the Alt-Reich version of Taquiya.
I was thinking about this yesterday how a lot of neo nazis disguise as just common sense right wing folks. some real taqqiya shit

98rmy1y5yzky.jpg
LOL

He's right...

The new left is as anti liberal as you can possibly get...

True liberals here should be outraged at the left.

We are dingus. True liberals and their disgust at the DNC was a major factor in Hillary losing.

In addition to being an obvious fallacy if you are familiar with the Rubin Report you’d know he has moved well to the right after leaving TYT. In fact, that’s more or less his selling point as the only remaining liberal.

Thinks MLK (who supported affirmative action and reparations) would be a conservative today.

What specific policy is he conservative on. He's pro gay marriage and pro abortion for starters.
I found this interesting.

Dave Rubin is smart enough to realize that conservatives are as always eager to throw their money at people that confirms their ideology. He is doing the same thing as Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter ,Milo is doing only in his own niche (pretending to be a liberal while hating everything liberals do). Its smart because it have generated a lot of money for those people.

He is totally dishonest tho. And hardly "left wing" and lol at saying the democratic party is left wing. They are only left wing when it comes to things people agree on, like gay marriage. Other than that they are corporatist just not as blatant like the GOP.

Here is some good critic of Dave Rubin that explain why people have a problem with him:

What specific policy is he conservative on. He's pro gay marriage and pro abortion for starters.
I found this interesting.

Well those ideas aren't exclusively liberal. It fits with libertarian doctrine.

I enjoy Dave's show. He lets his guests speak their mind without being overly confrontational like most political shows. As far as his leanings, pretty sure he's a socially left leaning libertarian. He voted for Johnson.

As far as the left being against the working class. Yeah HRC was big time, but truthfully I think the big players in both parties either just use the working class when it suits them or outright ignore them.

Well those ideas aren't exclusively liberal. It fits with libertarian doctrine.

Agree. I don't get the negative pushback the guy gets. Perhaps it's because he's pointing out the weaknesses on both sides and used to be totally in the lefts camp so some feel betrayed. That's pretty weak if that's the case. What's wrong with pointing out the danger of shutting down free speech or using slander to do that.

Maybe they just can't handle the truth.

Agree. I don't get the negative pushback the guy gets. Perhaps it's because he's pointing out the weaknesses on both sides and used to be totally in the lefts camp so some feel betrayed. That's pretty weak if that's the case. What's wrong with pointing out the danger of shutting down free speech or using slander to do that.

Maybe they just can't handle the truth.

Meh, he just comes across as a dude trying to milk the Milo thing to exploit the schism in American identity politics to make a buck.

Just comes off a wee bit inauthentic I suppose.

I enjoy Dave's show. He lets his guests speak their mind without being overly confrontational like most political shows. As far as his leanings, pretty sure he's a socially left leaning libertarian. He voted for Johnson.

As far as the left being against the working class. Yeah HRC was big time, but truthfully I think the big players in both parties either just use the working class when it suits them or outright ignore them.

Say what you will, for good or bad, Sanders a supporter of the working class.

Say what you will, for good or bad, Sanders a supporter of the working class.

True but the Bern is an outlier. He was an independent prior to 2016 and plans to run as one in 2018. Hardly what I'd call an establishment Dem or even a party leader.

Meh, he just comes across as a dude trying to milk the Milo thing to exploit the schism in American identity politics to make a buck.

Just comes off a wee bit inauthentic I suppose.

It could be but when he describes why he left the Turks it sounded plausible. No matter his motivation it's bin a informative show. He has a lot of people on that I disagree with on some very fundamental levels but I can track with it because of the tone he sets.

Can't hardly deal with Bill Maher or any of his ilk. Denise Miller is just as repulsive and even though he is more conservative there's no way I can stand the guy.

I like what little I've seen of Rubin's stuff, because it resonates with me. I also struggled being a leftist for a long time and realized that I didn't fit into that particular box. So now, if I fit in any category, it would be libertarian. Back when I had social media, I was highly critical of the left. I would constantly get messages and comments on posts about how I should be fighting the right, not the left.

But if I'm on either side, I would hold that side accountable for their actions and rhetoric. I don't blindly fall into any boxes, and it's astounding how quick people will call you an "alt-right Trump fan" simply for criticizing the far left.

tl;dr Had similar experience with the left as Ruben, therefore enjoy what little I've seen of him.

He's right...

The new left is as anti liberal as you can possibly get...

True liberals here should be outraged at the left.

Yep. These neo leftists are absolute lunatics. Mentally unstable drones. Kinda scary in packs.

Anyway, on topic. The GOP has been crushing the working class for years. They've destroyed workers' rights with "right-to-work" laws, crushed public and private sector unions and are about to pass a tax reform bill that will actually increase taxes on the working class to fund massive tax cuts for multinational corporations and the wealthy.

Corporatist Democrats are almost as hostile to workers' rights, but they're not actually leftists. They're in the position that moderate Republicans used to be in back when they actually existed.

You can dislike the left for being "too PC," but that has fuck all to do with hurting the working class.

How anybody can spout this shit with a straight face is beyond me.

Whataboutism.

Republicans have to convince you that both parties are the same to hide the fact that they're repugnant wastes of space with no morals or backbone. That's why all the propaganda exists, that's why the "But Hillary" exists, that's why they have to cry and bitch and obstruct to get their agenda through. If any of their base had an ounce of critical thinking skills, they'd be the modern day Whigs.

Back