Rose Namajunas is gonna make it look easy!

This is what constitutes a thread these days. Jesus help us. Give us some substance ffs...

If Joanna comes out looking like she did in her last fight I think she beats up Rose pretty thoroughly if not finishes her. Rose has awesome offense but the opponents she employs it against are nowhere near as fast and technical as JJ. If Rose comes out aggressive she leaves herself open for major damage. If she hangs back she gets slowly picked apart.

Trying to imagine what male WMMA fans are really like......

!

People still think it's macho to pretend they don't like wmma online I see ...

Go tell people in a bar you would rather watch two guys in there underwear roll around than two girls and see what they call you

Joanna's grappling with decent (good looking as well) BJJ world champion. UFC 217 camp insight look

If Joanna comes out looking like she did in her last fight I think she beats up Rose pretty thoroughly if not finishes her. Rose has awesome offense but the opponents she employs it against are nowhere near as fast and technical as JJ. If Rose comes out aggressive she leaves herself open for major damage. If she hangs back she gets slowly picked apart.
not sure that fight means much, andrade is slow and flat footed..Was the perfect style matchup.

Rose is better than anyone JJ has fought on the feet in MMA so far.

doesn't mean she'll win, but It's far more of a fight than people are making It.

Who has JJ fought on the feet who's been good at range in MMA? Nobody really.

Outside of Gadelha she's fought all easy stylistic matchups for her.

you realize how young she is right? she fought karolina when she was 23, over a year and a half ago. Young fighters like that change dramatically within a year. It's silly to use their past fights to judge their current version.

Use ur head

People keep on using retarded logic like this and It never works.

July 2016 is not a year and a half from Oct 2017. <Kpop775>Learn some math.

BTW, you're telling me to use my head, but ignore past fight results, and how a person fought? <Kpop01>Seriously? Who's really using retarded logic here?

Rose lost that fight In the clinch. At distance she was smashing KK.

Which is where this fight will take place

so, this is a better stylistic matchup than KK was.

Joanna fights great at distance and in the clinch.

It's prob the toughest fight for her In the UFC so I always find It comical when people say things like this.

Rose is the best striker in that division outside of JJ and been training with valentina for the last year

Some of you are just garbage at analyzing fights and potential.

Says the guy who says to ignore past fights when analyzing upcoming fights. :rolleyes:

so, a year and 3 months. w/e

That's a long time In the career of a young fighter. Especially when you're training with Valentina.

a year and a half is not a long time when she's only had one fight since then.

Your opinions?<MaryseShutIt>

July 2016 is not a year and a half from Oct 2017. <Kpop775>Learn some math.

BTW, you're telling me to use my head, but ignore past fight results, and how a person fought? <Kpop01>Seriously? Who's really using retarded logic here?

Joanna fights great at distance and in the clinch.

Says the guy who says to ignore past fights when analyzing upcoming fights. :rolleyes:

a year and a half is not a long time when she's only had one fight since then.

Your opinions?<MaryseShutIt>
so, a year and 3 months. Big difference there. Solid point

I never said Ignore past fight results, you should learn some reading comprehension. I said that It's very difficult to use past fights to judge the current version of a fighter, particularly when they're extremely young and evolving dramatically within short periods of time. When you're young like that, every fight you are a new fighter. I never said "ignore past fights" but rather, take them with a grain of salt In certain cases. Again, learn to read.

nearly a year and a half when you're a 24 year old fighter Is an eternity.

It seems to me Rose's biggest opponent has been herself In those losses. Skill wise, she was better than KK but seemed like she choked a bit In there and wasn't able to put It together. That and she didn't seem to fight In the clinch that well but It definitely seemed like a lot of her Issue was mental. Which Isn't uncommon as a young fighter or person. She was dominant at range where this fight Is likely to take place.

It's only a matter of time before she figures out the formula, puts It together and lives up to her potential. Whether that will happen against JJ or not remains to be seen but It is certainly more of a fight than many are making It out to be.

Particularly If Rose comes In as focused as her last fight

Rose will make getting beat up by Joanna look easy.

Yeah, no. Rose was getting her lead leg kicked in and stopped in her tracks almost every time she tried to step in on Waterson, she still bounces straight in & out and Michelle planted that sidekick on her leg almost at will. Rose has barely figured out the fundamentals of striking and footwork, she can't put more than 2 shots together before her feet get out of position and she gets off balance, hell, she still over-commits and gets out of position on single shots. These are basic fundamental flaws she's had since the beginning of her career and she still hasn't fixed them as of her last fight. Without solid fundamentals you're easy pickings against Joanna, there's a reason that Valerie and Claudia were the only ones who weren't badly blown out.

Nevermind the fact that Joanna is still improving at a surprising rate. Her footwork and distance management is better, she keeps a better stance & balance, and her strike selection, setups, and ability to create, recognize, and exploit openings is significantly better than it was when she began her championship reign. Barring a fluke of Serra-GSP proportions, this ends badly for Rose.

In one month TS will either have deleted his account because of the massive shaming he takes, or will be called upon to predict every future fight. Only time will tell.

It's prob the toughest fight for her In the UFC so I always find It comical when people say things like this.

Rose is the best striker in that division outside of JJ and been training with valentina for the last year

Some of you are just garbage at analyzing fights and potential.
Rose is in no way the 2nd best striker in that division.

Back