Rose Namajunas is gonna make it look easy!

Rose is in no way the 2nd best striker in that division.
Yeah, she absolutely Is.

Who's better?

Gadelha? no

Andrade? No

Karolina? No. Her strength Is In the clinch, Rose Is far superior at range

Waterson? No

Outside of JJ, there's nobody who's a better striker on paper.

Yeah, she absolutely Is.

Who's better?

Gadelha? no

Andrade? No

Karolina? No. Her strength Is In the clinch, Rose Is far superior at range

Waterson? No

Outside of JJ, there's nobody who's a better striker on paper.
Andrade’s striking isn’t as pretty to look at but it’s much more effective than rose’s
Karolina’s striking is definitely better.

Andrade’s striking isn’t as pretty to look at but it’s much more effective than rose’s
Karolina’s striking is definitely better.

I've been striking for a long time.

You don't know what you're watching.

So Rose fought 1 fight since fight vs Karolina. And it was fight vs Waterson (kinda fake top 10 tbh)
Joanna fought 2 fights since then, 10 rounds. Simple math is Joanna improved more than Rose (1 camp more) and got more experience inside octagon.
Andrade is same age like Rose. She is 16-6, i think 11 fights in UFC,killer and yet people think Rose is some kind of future of this division?
I think TS is trolling. I don't see anything wrong about rooting for Rose, but stay reasonable.

Andrade Is sloppy and flat footed. Karolina got outstruck by Rose , she won the fight by fighting In the clinch / the inside better.

So she won the fight by out striking her then.

Andrede would wreck Rose standing if they get matched up.

Joanna isn't losing at strawweight imo if she goes to flyweight

So she won the fight by out striking her then.

Andrede would wreck Rose standing if they get matched up.
No, she won the fight In the clinch. Clinch work doesn't imply superior striking. It means she was superior In the clinch.

As far as Andrade? that's a pretty bold statement. Her striking Is embarrassing when anyone makes her fight at range.

No, she won the fight In the clinch. Clinch work doesn't imply superior striking. It means she was superior In the clinch.

As far as Andrade? that's a pretty bold statement. Her striking Is embarrassing when anyone makes her fight at range.

When a fighter is throwing elbows, punches and knees in the clinch...ya its part of striking. Rose may have done better on the outside but KK did better in other aspects of stand up. And she won the fight so she outstruck her. You saw how KK beat Rose in the clinch....whats Joanna gonna do with her.

Andrade would hurt her badly. And that's not really true....only JJ who is by far the best did that at range. Hill had nothing for Andrade standing and she tried to fight her at range. Andrades game is not about fighting at ranage, its about closing the distance and landing power punches.

When a fighter is throwing elbows, punches and knees in the clinch...ya its part of striking. You saw how KK beat Rose in the clinch....whats Joanna gonna do with her.

Andrade would hurt her badly. And that's not really true....only JJ who is by far the best did that at range. Hill had nothing for Andrade standing and she tried to fight her at range. Andrades game is not about fighting at ranage, its about closing the distance and landing power punches.
2 different areas my friend. When we speak of who is the superior striker, generally were speaking of at range. In the clinch, dirty boxing and things of that nature Is another realm In itself and should be treated differently.
You're entitled to your opinion about andrade. But, the way she fought against Joanna was pretty embarrassing. It was more than Joanna being "that good" as well. Andrade was slow, flat footed, untechnical and overall embarrassing as a striker.

She fought good last fight tho

I love Rose, but if shes lucky enough to beat Joanna, it will not look easy

2 different areas my friend. When we speak of who is the superior striker, generally were speaking of at range. In the clinch, dirty boxing and things of that nature Is another realm In itself and should be treated differently.
You're entitled to your opinion about andrade. But, the way she fought against Joanna was pretty embarrassing. It was more than Joanna being "that good" as well. Andrade was slow, flat footed, untechnical and overall embarrassing as a striker.

She fought good last fight tho

If you're speaking kickboxing or boxing then yes that defines the better striker. But not in mma.....you can have a fighter that's great in the clinch and that can be the deciding factor in being the better stand up fighter. Its not a case where KK has nothing at range and is only good in the clinch, its a case where she's good at range but great in the clinch.....you have to look at the whole package. It wouldnt be fair to say Rose is a better stand up fighter when she's slightly better at range but much weaker on the inside. And I am not talking about a Randy Couture clinch game with dirty boxing. which is a grappling base clinch.....KK uses a MT base for her inside game which is used in a pure stand up fight.

The stand up in that fight was pretty even at range and Rose got the better of it early while KK late. She dominated her in the clinch....so she is the better stand up fighter when you look at the whole striking game. If Rose is slightly better at range but much weaker on the inside then who's the better stand up fighter?? Keep in mind....its a striking base clinch, not grappling base.

Lets not forgot who hurt Joanna the most....its was KK who rocked her with a strike at range.

She might actually surprise Joanna at the distance. She was better than Karolina at the distance, way better.
I agree she was better but not WAY better and that in no way means she's close to being as good as Joanna.

Back