Rory MacDonald vs Ben Askren in UFC Discussion?!?!

hedidhisownstunts

EJACULATE LIFE
Banned
Reaction score
YES!!!

Because what’s more ultimate?

This could be one of the absolute premiere best welterweight contests that can be put together. How retired is Askren?

This fight honestly interests more than anything on the table at UFC welterweight right now. I’m sure Bellator is trying to book it. I really don’t know how it would go. Askren has a stifling top game and is an exceptional wrestler, but Rory is very well rounded and may be able to make some moves while avoiding the ground. I think I’ve gotta favor Askren tho, as Rory isn’t a one-punch killer.

Also, it’s been a very long time since a match-up of this magnitude were available possibly outside the UFC. Interesting times on the horizon for Bellator perhaps.

In the UFC ?!?

No fckng chance

Scott Cocker should look into it tho.
(But Rory is out for at least 6 month I think)

Rory murks Ben

Last edited:
In the UFC ?!?

No fckng chance

Lima could ask for an immediate rematch, kinda deserve it imo.
No, bro, read. In “ufc discussion”. UFC passed on this but it’s definitely a marketable money fight with mma die hards.

Ben beats him anywhere you put them.
UFC,Bellator,One FC doesn't matter.

Rory is under contract with Bellator and Askren is all but retired.

Its a fantasy.

Rory toys with him. Absolute annihilation.

Rory would destroy him... Ben never had real competition.

Rory is under contract with Bellator and Askren is all but retired.

Its a fantasy.

Askren has already stated he would come out of retirement to fight GSP.

A fight with Rory in Bellator might just be tempting to him. It would be a huge fight for both of them. And much as I am a fan of Rory, Askren does to him what he did to Lima.

In the UFC ?!?

No fckng chance

Lima could ask for an immediate rematch, kinda deserve it imo.

Not to be a jerk, but can you please try reading the OP before you post?

Rory would destroy him... Ben never had real competition.

2005 join date and that's your opinion?

Try watching fights outside the UFC bubble. Askren beat some very tough guys in Bellator (including a guy that took Rory to the wall recently). Granted, Askren's competition in One FC has been limited but that was not his destination of choice after exiting Bellator.

We had Donald Trump vs Vince McMahon in WWE - so who why not.

We had Donald Trump vs Vince McMahon in WWE - so who why not.
Rory vs Askren with GSP as special guest referee.

GSP blindsides Askren with a superman punch in round 3 giving Rory the win.

Rory would get beaten and then Rory would conplain about it's a fight not a wrestling match.

Askren has already stated he would come out of retirement to fight GSP.

A fight with Rory in Bellator might just be tempting to him. It would be a huge fight for both of them. And much as I am a fan of Rory, Askren does to him what he did to Lima.
Much more likely to happen in Bellator

I’ll be honest here, I never watched Askren’s run in Bellator cause I heard he was a bore and I didn’t watch the Shinya Aoki or OneFC fights because they didn’t sound like they’d be competitive, but I just watched the Lima fight and Askren’s wrestling and takedown versatility is freaking unreal. There’s nothing boring about it. He certainly doesn’t have dynamite in his hands, but he’s no pussy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back