Rory MacDonald vs Ben Askren in UFC Discussion?!?!

See Rory vs Maia first round,only make this a 5 round fest of grapple fuck.

So Rory will go on to beat the shit out of Askren for four rounds? Is that what you meant?

Not saying Askren can't beat Rory, but Askren literally has one way to win this fight. That's it.

Ive seen Rory koed hard, embarrased on the feet and controlled on the ground at will all in diferent fights. The last one he was panic wrestling in Bellator with really poor technique to survive and edge a decision to win a belt. Yet people still talk like he is the undisputed best in the world...

yeah but Lima was super green back then

hahahaha.. You got jokes....

That was Lima's 22 fight, Askren's 10th, and Lima had 6 yrs professional experience to Askren's 3.

Even if Askren were to fight Rory and win, it wouldn't be enough to satisfy the masses in terms of his credibility of being the greatest.. "ultimately", any fight to solidify his legacy has to be done in the UFC.

I strongly suggest that you watch him fight. His wrestling, throws and takedowns are extraordinary. I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen anyone in the UFC use the sort of techniques he’s using with the level of effectiveness. You can call his resume full of cans, but it’s not. These are tough international competitors he’s shutting out. Watch the Lima fight.
And the fact remains: zero top ten wins.

He's a great fighter. I can't and won't take that from him. But he fought guys that weren't in the top 50 at times. I can't say in good faith that I'd favor him over a guy like Rory, who can wrestle and strike and has proven himself time and again against top fighters.

id like to see this fight, i dont care who promotes it.

But id deserves to be the main event. especially over a freak show old timers fight like Rampage vs Sonnen.

what a waste of my life.
Rampage got me in to MMA. So sad seeing him like this. At least he's not getting KO'd.

Back