Rory MacDonald vs Ben Askren in UFC Discussion?!?!

If askren came back and beat Rory in Bellator he’d have to go to Ufc after

I think Rory would jab his face all fight long.

Nothing about Lima’s performance against Rory tells me it would go any differently. He couldn’t do a damn thing to Ben.

I'm not disagreeing, I think Askren still beats him. I'm just saying that it isn't like its some recent win, it was i think in like 2011.

Honestly I would love to see Askren vs Rory. In my mind that would determine the true #1 170 in the world. I have no idea who would win either.

How many top 10 wins does Askren have, again? Zero?
I strongly suggest that you watch him fight. His wrestling, throws and takedowns are extraordinary. I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen anyone in the UFC use the sort of techniques he’s using with the level of effectiveness. You can call his resume full of cans, but it’s not. These are tough international competitors he’s shutting out. Watch the Lima fight.

Ben won't fight Tyron but he beats Rory.
I think Woodley could definitely present problems with his power and wrestling knowledge. Ben wouldn’t have the luxury of a massive wrestling advantage and will be highly disadvantaged standing. Tyron could put him away.

I think Woodley could definitely present problems with his power and wrestling knowledge. Ben wouldn’t have the luxury of a massive wrestling advantage and will be highly disadvantaged standing. Tyron could put him away.
Maybe but they are also close friends.

Beating Rory in Bellator would be huge for Askren’s legacy. The whole “he hasn’t beaten anyone” chorus would be shut down forever.

YES!!!

Because what’s more ultimate?

This could be one of the absolute premiere best welterweight contests that can be put together. How retired is Askren?

This fight honestly interests more than anything on the table at UFC welterweight right now. I’m sure Bellator is trying to book it. I really don’t know how it would go. Askren has a stifling top game and is an exceptional wrestler, but Rory is very well rounded and may be able to make some moves while avoiding the ground. I think I’ve gotta favor Askren tho, as Rory isn’t a one-punch killer.

Also, it’s been a very long time since a match-up of this magnitude were available possibly outside the UFC. Interesting times on the horizon for Bellator perhaps.
Have to think this would be a snoozer

23653161.jpg

Have to think this would be a snoozer

23653161.jpg
I really don’t think so. I think it’s a competitive fight. Even if Askren mauls him with wrestling, you’re still gonna see a flurry of some of the greatest executed takedowns in mma of all time.

But ya know there’s always some brawler out there to accommodate the “just bleed”ers, safely protected from embarrassing blow out losses to high level wrestling champions. Have you considered bare knuckle boxing or some of the street fight compilations?

I really don’t think so. I think it’s a competitive fight. Even if Askren mauls him with wrestling, you’re still gonna see a flurry of some of the greatest executed takedowns in mma of all time.
"Greatest executed takedown in mma of all time"

giphy.gif

Rorys grappling skills are poor and had to hug Lima for like 4 rounds to win a belt. Askren would teach him how to do it.

Ben beats him anywhere you put them.
UFC,Bellator,One FC doesn't matter.

We're talking about the same Askren who barely beat Jay Hieron. The same Hieron who went 0-4 in the UFC and was finished by GSP and Woodley.

Back