Rogan: Nobody could beat Diaz in a 20 min round

i've never seen him look at the clock as much as he did against nick. he was looking for a breather. imagine him not getting a minute off between rounds.

I concur

I absolutely believe Nick would break GSP if the fight kept going on and on and there was no time limit. There is no way GSP could finish Diaz, and Diaz would not tire out unlike we saw with GSP in there fight. GSP wins his fights because the clock runs out, not because he is beating people up, and that is a fact. Without a clock or judges, GSP would have zero wins in the last 4 years.

facepalm.jpg

I absolutely believe Nick would break GSP if the fight kept going on and on and there was no time limit. There is no way GSP could finish Diaz, and Diaz would not tire out unlike we saw with GSP in there fight. GSP wins his fights because the clock runs out, not because he is beating people up, and that is a fact. Without a clock or judges, GSP would have zero wins in the last 4 years.

Only on sherdog.

i've never seen him look at the clock as much as he did against nick. he was looking for a breather. imagine him not getting a minute off between rounds.

No difference.

Rogan just loves saying dumb shit. He can't get enough.

You really think GSP would finish Nick if there was no time limit? He was already getting tired in the 3rd round, Nick would make him tap again if there was no time limit. I like GSP, but he really doesn't have any finishing ability to speak of anymore.

There's no reason to pick apart Joe's exaggerations, he's just making the point that Nick has great cardio and using the hyperbole to present it. It's funny that people post it on forums and analyze it when it's just an off hand way of making a point.

Kind of like when you say, "Dude I'm fucking starving" and there's that occasional D-Bag who has to be like "Nuh-uh dude, you've never 'starved' before, that means you're dying".

Right now we're all being that D-Bag. Sweet.

This. Some people take comments way too seriously.

Joe is just exaggerating to show how much cardio Diaz is capable of. Yes, he does triathlons, and he throws more significant strikes than 90% of the UFC. That being said, he would have a hard time in a fight with a good wrestler with strong sub defense if he is stuck on his back for 20 mins. Diaz is overrated and is a middle top 10 guy. He didn't deserve that title shot and even if he came back, chances are he'll never get one again. He should just pull a Ray Sefo and fight in his own org.

Lol at the Condit pic. Twenty minutes would be plenty of time to catch up to Condit and finish him with strikes.

When has Condit looked really tired? His gas-tank is near Diaz' and he hits harder. They both have extraordinary ability to take punishment. I reckon Condit could knock Diaz out if he caught him with the right strike.

And going into the fifth, GSP asked Firas "is it not over?" That wasn't from punches, GSP was that damn tired from doing his thing with Diaz. The 50-45 outcome was as I expected, but GSP had to work harder than ever to win that one.

fights definitely go in his favor with this type of format but I wouldn't say that NOBODY could beat him

When has Condit looked really tired? His gas-tank is near Diaz' and he hits harder. They both have extraordinary ability to take punishment. I reckon Condit could knock Diaz out if he caught him with the right strike.

Nick's conditioning is beyond Condit's, it was beyond GSP's, and the guy is a triathlete. Greg Jackson stated that they felt that Diaz was too hard to knockout after watching the Daley fight, which is why they went with that ultra conservative (for Carlos, not so much for Jackson) strategy. Finishing Nick is a profoundly difficult thing to do, he is very skilled and is in unparalleled condition, and his style and mentality are fitting with the unbroken round until someone finishes the fight days. Nick has done a poor job of integrating the unified rules into his mentality, and hasn't worked his wrestling enough to be a champion, but he would give Gsp a much better fight in a 20 minute unbroken round than he did in 5, 5 minute rounds.

Back