Rogan: Nobody could beat Diaz in a 20 min round

Nick's conditioning is beyond Condit's, it was beyond GSP's, and the guy is a triathlete. Greg Jackson stated that they felt that Diaz was too hard to knockout after watching the Daley fight, which is why they went with that ultra conservative (for Carlos, not so much for Jackson) strategy. Finishing Nick is a profoundly difficult thing to do, he is very skilled and is in unparalleled condition, and his style and mentality are fitting with the unbroken round until someone finishes the fight days. Nick has done a poor job of integrating the unified rules into his mentality, and hasn't worked his wrestling enough to be a champion, but he would give Gsp a much better fight in a 20 minute unbroken round than he did in 5, 5 minute rounds.

This guy know how to party. Thank you for bringing some insight.

I dunno about that but I do think it would be to his benefit.

I would prefer to see rounds and coaches in the corner removed altogether.

Nick's conditioning is beyond Condit's
Carlos Condit got the shit beat out of him by Ellenberger and came back to win the next two rounds, fighting hard until the very end. How is his conditioning below Nick's? At least Condit is actually facing guys that grapple him. Nick's awesome conditioning revolves around facing zero wrestlers that can tire him out.

i've never seen him look at the clock as much as he did against nick. he was looking for a breather. imagine him not getting a minute off between rounds.

i do imagine, and i imagine GSP knocking nick diaz the fuck out

That's the jist of a Diaz fan's logic: he has better cardio than everyone in MMA because he completed a triathlon.

cardio is just one aspect of the sport. being an ELITE triathlete would render you top-notch cardio. so, to answer your question, yes. completing triathlons would give him better cardio.

cardio is just one aspect of the sport. being an ELITE triathlete would render you top-notch cardio. so, to answer your question, yes. completing triathlons would give him better cardio.
Except Nick is not an elite triathlete.

It's just a bit of hyperbole. Nothing to see here.

definitely. Diaz would smash Georgie under the circumstances Joe puts forward here. No doubt about it.

Nick's cardio for MMA is severely overrated. I'm not saying it's bad. But somehow, by default, it's just the best and nothing's even close. That's overrated when you not only don't have proof, but have significant evidence to the contrary.

Against 2 great opponents, he looked as tired, or moreso, in the championship rounds. He did beat Scott Smith in the 3rd and does triathlons though.

I absolutely believe Nick would break GSP if the fight kept going on and on and there was no time limit. There is no way GSP could finish Diaz, and Diaz would not tire out unlike we saw with GSP in there fight. GSP wins his fights because the clock runs out, not because he is beating people up, and that is a fact. Without a clock or judges, GSP would have zero wins in the last 4 years.
You can't really believe that last sentence

LOL. GSP would never let him up. And knowing he has 20 minutes to work with instead of only 5 would most likely work for submission.

You know what.... Fuck it... Maybe no one would. I was going to argue against Diaz and then I realized that there is no real moral reason to not bring some real long ass rounds back. I drunk as a cun...t, though.

Everyone touts Diaz's cardio, and he's proved, for the most part, to be able to hold up under 5 minute rounds, but has faded during some 25 minute affairs.

Rogan, and many others, always bring in this bullshit about DIAZ RUNS MARATHOOOOOOONS!!!!!!!!!!, but everyone who has ever rolled or kick boxed or boxed knows, including Rogan, that being able to run for miles or swim lap after lap doesn't always mean shit when it comes to competing in a MMA style competition.

Rogan has to hype and lie about fighters, its his job, he over hypes every BJJ blackbelt to enter the ring, and many have ended up being less than spectacular, because being a BJJ genius and being able to adapt it to MMA are two different things.

Diaz is a high caliber athlete and would at least stay on par with most other 170 pounders for a 20 minute round, but thats because he is a skilled fighter, but those who could beat him in a 5 minute round would most likely also do so in a 20 minute round. How is Diaz going to beat GSP in a 20 minute round when we see in a 5 minute round how he is dominated? Is he not going to get taken down and beat on? He's not going to get up from under GSP in 20 minutes and not going to sub him, so the fight will turn out the same.

Nick's cardio for MMA is severely overrated. I'm not saying it's bad. But somehow, by default, it's just the best and nothing's even close. That's overrated when you not only don't have proof, but have significant evidence to the contrary.

Against 2 great opponents, he looked as tired, or moreso, in the championship rounds. He did beat Scott Smith in the 3rd and does triathlons though.

But Joe says he runs triathlons, and we all know how over a 30 minute round World Champion Triathlete Jonathan Brownlee would totally PWN GSp :wink:

Joe has a deep investment in the Diaz brothers, they have a close connection to 10th Planet and Joe will kill his own family if it helped promote Eddie Bravo and his over hyped Jiu-Jitsu.

What the fuck has Rogan been watching? Paul Daley did KO him under 5 minute round rules. The retarded referee didn't stop the fight because he wanted Diaz to be severely damaged but the weedy somehow regained consciousness due to Daley's follow up punches.

Back