Rogan: Nobody could beat Diaz in a 20 min round

Nick didn't outcardio a sick GSP, and clearly looked worse than Condit in the late rounds of their fight.

But we should ban elbows, spinning shit, kicks, time, and probably handcuff the guys together. Maybe Diaz will beat the guys that beat him if we go through every imaginary scenario possible.

Rogan is a shill for the guys that he likes, and that's it.

If he fought a guy like Anderson, it wouldn't matter if the round was 3 minutes or 20 minutes.

i've never seen him look at the clock as much as he did against nick. he was looking for a breather. imagine him not getting a minute off between rounds.

Or maybe its cuz he was getting bored....

*wink*

Lol at the Condit pic. Twenty minutes would be plenty of time to catch up to Condit and finish him with strikes.

The odds would certainly favor Diaz the longer the fight went on without a break. Nobody could keep up with him for that long unless they just held him down. Against most people, Diaz would knock them out or submit them eventually. It would just be a matter of time. Unfortunately, there aren't 10 minute rounds in the UFC, therefore making even talking about this kinda pointless. If Nick wanted to do a 1 10 min 2 5 min rounds (a la Pride) in his own promotion, that might be an interesting experiment. I like what Rogan's saying. I think it would be very hard to get it pushed through. I dunno. Great Ideas, tho.

Rogan and Diaz aren't the only ones that think the current Unified MMA Rules are bogus. GSP hates the boxing rounds system as well. Maybe he'd put his money where his mouth is and fight Nick in a boxing ring for 2 10's or 1 20. That would be a great experiment in the history of MMA. At the very least, they'd get to vacation in Hawaii, Brazil, or Japan since that would NEVER happen in the continental USA.

WAR Diaz!!!

GSP gassed in a five minute round against Diaz. No doubt Diaz stops him in a 20 minute round.

The only way Diaz beats GSP is a rule change, nice. I could beat GSP and Diaz at the same time under the right circumstances.

The odds would certainly favor Diaz the longer the fight went on without a break. Nobody could keep up with him for that long unless they just held him down. Against most people, Diaz would knock them out or submit them eventually. It would just be a matter of time. Unfortunately, there aren't 10 minute rounds in the UFC, therefore making even talking about this kinda pointless. If Nick wanted to do a 1 10 min 2 5 min rounds (a la Pride) in his own promotion, that might be an interesting experiment. I like what Rogan's saying. I think it would be very hard to get it pushed through. I dunno. Great Ideas, tho.

Rogan and Diaz aren't the only ones that think the current Unified MMA Rules are bogus. GSP hates the boxing rounds system as well. Maybe he'd put his money where his mouth is and fight Nick in a boxing ring for 2 10's or 1 20. That would be a great experiment in the history of MMA. At the very least, they'd get to vacation in Hawaii, Brazil, or Japan since that would NEVER happen in the continental USA.

WAR Diaz!!!

I also think the current MMA rules are garbage. SO are the judges and almost ALL of the refs. MMA needs a huge overhaul and Nick Diaz is the only guy with the balls to stand up and actually knuckle down and do something about it. Please don't be a bunch of haters. This is where the sport is heading, The great thinkers in the sport are slowly taking it over. The rules are gonna change. I don't think guys like Greg Jackson necessarily think the current rules are good for the sport, they just are what they are and they game plan for them. I'd love to see how Jackson would get a fighter like GSP or Carlos Condit ready for a fight with Nick Diaz in a boxing ring for long rounds. It would be a fantastic test of his strategy-planning skills. I think most trainers would relish the chance to do something different like this. I know I would if I regularly trained fighters...

Sorry. Just thinking out loud. I should just focus on my work...

Not if somebody knocked him out first.

A GSP not coming off a 17 year layoff and an apparent sickness, still beats Diaz in a 5min.. 10min.. 20min..

There are a lot of guys who would knock him out in 2 or 3 minutes.

i've never seen him look at the clock as much as he did against nick. he was looking for a breather. imagine him not getting a minute off between rounds.

Imagine him without being ill and suffering a high fever as well as an achiles heel injury and I don't think we have a problem.

With the current Unified MMA Rules, yes. What if the rules forced GSP to stand and bang with Diaz more? That's kind of what this thread is hypothesizing. It's theoretical...

Back