Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold Targeted For UFC 221 In Perth, Australia (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Hmmmm

not sure who to root for
or who wins

As do I. Luke is chinny and has some of the worst striking defense I've seen, lol. Hands low, super cocky. If Branch was able to light him up early I think Whittaker will maul him.

Pretty much what I think as well. I know Luke will try to take him down though. He's much better on the ground.

Pretty much what I think as well. I know Luke will try to take him down though. He's much better on the ground.
I was so surprised to see how shitty his striking defense looked against Branch. You'd think he'd learned after getting fucked up by Bisping and losing his belt.

I'm sure he will try and take Whittaker down but wrestling has never been Rockhold's strong-suit and if Whittaker was able to stuff Romero all night on a bum knee, I don't see Rockhold having much success in that department.

BOOOO. BS that Whittaker has to defend an interim belt. That said, this is a very interesting fight. I'm rooting for Whittaker, who can KO Rockhold if his TDD holds.

By the time the fight goes down, it may very well be the full on title. When the champ outright says he probably won't fight at 85 again if he is able to fight again at all, you know he's not going to be holding that belt for the long term.

Fuck yessssss

Enough of the stupid fights
This is what I'm into

And I think Rob wins via murder

I think Whittaker wins but the real deadly part of Rockhold's game is his top control is a MF'er. As long as Bobby Knuckles can keep it standing he is probably golden.

Meant to vote for my boy Bobby Knuckles, voted for china chin by accident.

Everyone should not forget that Rockhold has quite a few KD's on his resume as well. This should be a very good fight.... Finally a Top 5 vs Top 5

Luke has a really suspect chin. Bobby Knux via TKO!

No. He has suspect striking defense but the chin is fine. He has 15 wins and only 2 losses in UFC/Strikeforce. His only two KD's were his only two losses. His performance versus Branch proved that his chin held up because his striking defense sucked in round 1.

Everyone should not forget that Rockhold has quite a few KD's on his resume as well. This should be a very good fight.... Finally a Top 5 vs Top 5
Whittaker vs Jacare (well, Whittaker was 6th) and Whittaker vs Romero were top 5 vs top 5.

Whittaker vs Jacare (well, Whittaker was 6th) and Whittaker vs Romero were top 5 vs top 5.

You are right. I probably could have worded my comment better. I meant for the real belt. Bisping ruined the title defenses.

GSP's language regarding his condition kept speaking about how his body wasn't accepting bulking up to that weight, still... he should really just do the whitaker fight... but I guess he's probably all ready told the UFC he's not going to since they're talking about this one all ready.

If Rockhold wins that puts Bisping right back on standby for a titleshot.Maybe Hendo still thinking about coming back too..

Whittaker about the clean the division at 26 years old... LOL.

Imagine this win streak:
Brunson
Jacare
Romero
Luke

Throw Weidman in there after Lucas and let him lose the 8 brain cells he has left.

Bobby Knuckles by TKO with dem hands

strip GSP immediately. Knuckles already beat the #1 mw this should be a title defense.

Strip GSP? He just fought a month ago.

You can change your Stellar AV btw

;)
Appreciate it bro, but i'll keep GSP's visage for at least a month after the event - as bets go, it was a good one to lose.

Gotta pay homage to Don though, I feel naked without that tash on my AV.

Back