Robbie Lawler surely cannot lose to dos Anjos.

its not like Guida wasnt a good fighter in the past. Robbie has his fair share of losses aswell
I know I was joking, which is why I said Robbie was one of my favorites but could absolutely lose to anyone, in my first post in this thread.

RDA was still on his feet and walked away immediately after the KO from Eddie and the Stephens KO was almost 10 years ago, bro.

I know Woodley hits hard and that's my point. Lawler was level and trying to get up only to fall on his face after that KO. The damage could have been done, just like Chuck after Rampage.

Ether way, neither of us know, I just said "both chins MAY have been compromised".

Why are you quoting me? Accident?
oh yeah, not sure why it was there

You crack me up.

You just called Eddie Alvarez and Jeremy Stephens unorthodox fighters.

One is a wrestle boxer, the other is a plodding kickboxer. One caught him with a hook, the other caught him with an uppercut. Listening to you would make you think that they are Michael Page or something.

Ferguson did dominate the stand-up. He arguably won 4 of the 5 rounds, and as the fight went on he completely dominated RDA in a kickboxing only fight. Facts.

You just proved the whole point I'm making in the OP with that last comment you made. You said that Lawler can take off full rounds, well isn't that exactly what I'm saying? This is Lawler's fight to lose, unless he makes some very key mistakes then he isn't going to lose this fight. RDA does not have the style nor the chin to win this fight (on paper), but of course anything is possible.

Lawler SHOULD win this fight.

I said orthodox, meaning stance. Alvarez landed a looping right that Rda walked into and Stephens hit the most ridiculous uppercut as RDA was moving away, these are one in a million shots and i pointrd these out, as well as their stance, to illustrate that not only are there key fundamental differences between them and lawler but also to refute the notion that boxing is rdas weakeness. Rda has as many losses to grinding wrestlers as he has to punch finishes. Boxing is a comprehensive game, rda got hit by loopy punches, that isbt an identifiable weakness to plan around.

So pointing out lawler taking rounds off proves your point because if he doesnt take rounds off or do any identifiable lawler flaw based on years of data intake then he should beat rda? But he does do worse against southpaws historically, he is suceptible to kicks and pressure, he does take full rounds off, these are hallmarks and actual identifiable flaws in lawlers game that play into rdas strengths. I get its easy to say "rda was knocked out by pu ches and lawler throws punches", but its missing a million details, details that make the statement and analsis incorrect.

Lol @ draw, and Cerrone is not a bum and finally, lol @ MMAMath in full affect.
Lol @ draw, and Cerrone is not a bum and finally, lol @ MMAMath in full affect.
Fight should have been 28-28... MD at least.
Cerrone isn’t a bum but got STARCHED by all top fighters he fought. He also was tailor-made for Robbie, yet Robbie didn’t do shit.
Not MMAth. Logic.
RDA beats him.

Unless Robbie has truly evaporated, I cannot see any way that Rafael wins this fight.

Robbie appeared to be at his peak during his recent UFC run. As much as the Hendricks, MacDonald and Condit fights were wars, he still always came out on top and seriously appeared to be nearly indestructible.

Robbie was flatlined by Tyron, but in all fairness he did the exact right thing to do, and that was to take an extended period of time off. The only worry is that his return against Cerrone wasn't exactly great. You look at the performance of Donald against Masvidal and Till and you have to wonder why this walking zombie in Lawler couldn't finish him off either.

With all that said, I cannot see how the much smaller opponent in Rafael dos Anjos wins this fight.

If they stay standing, dos Anjos is doomed. Rafael will not be able to hurt Robbie, and Robbie will definitely be able to test Rafael's chin, that's not even up for debate. Robbie definitely hits way harder than Stephens and Alvarez and primarily boxes, which tends to be Rafael's biggest weakness. I don't even rate Ferguson's boxing with the elite of the division and even he dominated Rafael on the feet.

Can dos Anjos get this to the floor and win? Well if Hendricks and MacDonald can't, I cannot see a Lightweight doing it.

I think a half decent version of Robbie wins this fight. Robbie's fight to lose, and we will see if he still has it this weekend.
It's a great fight.
I can follow your point though.
Want to see the stare down. RDA is fearless.
Lawler is a cyborg.
This is real MMA

Robbie coasts for 22 minutes of a 25 minute fight and steals rounds with blitzes and combos that somehow sway the judges.

RDA is working for the entire fight--that's how RDA can get a win.

Y'all really have no clue who Rafael Dos Anjos is do you?

Is he the guy on the left?

tumblr_m9fze5xm7O1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

I'm actually surprised that Dos Anjos even took the fight. He's bout to get murked hard.

I'm all in on Robbie

Im just ..... just a teeeeeeeenie tiny tiny bit worried about his chin

But surely that will
Be a non factor here

Interesting, I was pulling for Lawler but after I saw who TS was, I thought maybe I should put some money on RDA

Cerrone had a very close fight with Robbie. This is a very a winnable fight for RDA.

Honestly RDA is crazy good at improving himself. I remember watching him back in ~2008 when he was a pure BJJ guy, flailing and diving for takedowns. He's transformed himself into a solid Muay Thai fighter with good leg kicks and decent hands. Somehow he seems to keep getting better, despite being in some wars.

If RDA keeps getting better at 170, he could beat Lawler and Woodley. We'll just have to see how RDA does.

It's not all about weight, and if you think RDA cuts 45lbs you are an idiot.

Rda on ig showed himself at 200.
No big deal, im. 5 8 walk at 200.. so its the norm for me.. also saw bib and ferguson both claim that walk around weight.
I

Robbie likes to keep the fights close to make them exciting and sometimes even take rounds off so he can go all out at the end of the fight. RDA can outwork him to a decision.

The fact Robbie wasn't able to finish Cerrone is a bit worrying. He almost lost the fight.

No, he appeared to be human and beatable, that's why all his fights were close and competitive wars, someone nearly unstoppabble is always dominating his opponents like Spider used to back then.
This doesn't even make sense. Silva lost 4 rounds to Chael and won. He had that aura because even when you counted him out, he won. Lawler isn't that different. He took everything those top-tier fighters could throw and in the end, he was the one still standing. Rory Mac was up 3-1 on the score cards. Then his nose exploded. Hendricks had him battered, only to end the fight literally turning his back and running away.

Point is, even in those wars, Robbie won, and it did seem like he couldn't lose - until he did. Wasn't Silva the same way?

That's not to say Robbie is or ever will be on Silva's level, but you made the comparison so...

Low kicks might make the difference, but have you even seen Lawler's fight with Manhoef?

You cannot comprehend words, I said indestructible not unstoppable. Huge difference in meaning and context.

170er, okay fine. Well then Lawler is a 185er, so it's not like they are equal. You say size will not matter, well do you think Lawler hits like the Lightweights that RDA has been fighting? Let's see RDA get hit clean by a Middleweight and then we can talk. Matter of fact, let's see him get hit solid by a Welterweight.

You call him a 170er, but he really isn't. People go up in weight the older they get, it becomes harder to cut. RDA fought his whole 12 year career at 155lbs and has never missed weight, he is now 33 and for a smaller man that's the stage where you might consider going up in weight. You do also need to realize that he went up after losing convincingly twice, if he was still champ, he'd still be at 155,
What stupid arguments. First of all Lawler is not a MW, just because he used to fight there being undersized doesn't mean that's where he should be back then, Zak Cummings and Lorenz Larkinz fought at LHW, are they natural LHWs too? You know the answer. They all walk around 185-195lbs, so they are WWs, is not something anormal to cut that amount of weight. Some MWs cut from 205-220 like Rockhold, Paulo Costa, Antonio Sapato etc, Robbie Lawler doesn't belong there. RDA and Lawler are both 170ers, RDA used to cut to LW using IV's but now they are forbidden, it's not just a age issue, of course weight cutting gets harder when you gets older but why do you think RDA made weight just fine against Pettis and Cerrone and then had problems with Alvarez? IVs were life for him at 155, without that he has to fight at 170 just like other guys who look much better now at 170, like Cowboy Oliveira, Medeiros, Masvidal etc.

About RDA going up when he lost the belt, that's not how it went, RDA fought drained asf against Alvarez, that's why he lost his and didn't looked the same, he couldn't take any punishment and in fact he is a solid guy who can usually take it and give it back, he almost died during that weight cut.

Size won't be a issue at that fight. If you think Robbie will win, fine, but will be probably a matter of gameplan/power/better striking, not size.

This doesn't even make sense. Silva lost 4 rounds to Chael and won. He had that aura because even when you counted him out, he won. Lawler isn't that different. He took everything those top-tier fighters could throw and in the end, he was the one still standing. Rory Mac was up 3-1 on the score cards. Then his nose exploded. Hendricks had him battered, only to end the fight literally turning his back and running away.

Point is, even in those wars, Robbie won, and it did seem like he couldn't lose - until he did. Wasn't Silva the same way?

That's not to say Robbie is or ever will be on Silva's level, but you made the comparison so...
Fair point about Anderson-Sonnen I but that fight was a exception, Chael had a very good game against Anderson style and still lost, fact is in most fights he looked unstopabble and many levels ahead of the challengers, Robbie on other hand had 2 close fights with Rory, 2 close fights with Hendricks and 1 close fight with Condit, this is 5 fights where he didn't looked unstopabble at all, very different, at Anderson fights most times his opponents weren't competitive as they were expected to be.

Back