Rizin 14th NYE

The full card isn't bad. Surprised to see Caldwell and Sasaki. Should be a solid card.

Cain should just say fuck it juice up so he can actually make it to fight night , and duke it out with cro cop on rizin

Solid card but no Cro Cop, Gomi, Kawajiri, Asakura bros for now.

I hope more fights to be announced. Sakakibara mentioned in the beginning of the press conference that this year the fans will be able to celebrate New Years with the fighters in the arena. The show starts 15:00 local time so it has to run for 9 hours. I believe they need at least 16 fights if that's the case.

Cro Cop confirmed to Croatian "Vecernji list" that he will not fight on NYE. Main reason is too expensive exhibition fight between Floyd and Thensin, so Rizin don't have budget for Cro Cop salary.

Cro Cop confirmed to Croatian "Vecernji list" that he will not fight on NYE. Main reason is too expensive exhibition fight between Floyd and Thensin, so Rizin don't have budget for Cro Cop salary.

Good info thanks. Maybe for the same reason we won't see Gomi and Kawajiri on NYE.

I tend to believe that the rest of the card was hinging on Floyd's participation. If he wasn't taking part, they could pay more for other fighters. If he was taking part, they'd have to negotiate with the rest of the fighters on the card to try and bring them in for a reasonable price. Japan doesn't normally work the same way as Western orgs as far as contracts. They do one off contracts, or shorter contracts, anyway. Maybe I'm mistaken, but that seems to be what I remember. So they may have trouble bringing in good fighters to fill the rest of the card since they're paying Floyd so much money.

Just a guess. Maybe someone else has another take on this.

Nailed it.

Johnny Case vs Yachi should be a great fight, if you remember Case, he lost a great fight to Jake Mathews in the UFC, both these guys are exciting fighters

Johnny Case vs Yachi should be a great fight, if you remember Case, he lost a great fight to Jake Mathews in the UFC, both these guys are exciting fighters
Good undercard fight

I'd rather see Tenshin vs. CroCop.

Its motherfuckin Japan. It could happen.

Emmanuel Newton is a fucking joke of a fight for Jiri. I hope he's done with Rizin after this.
I guess Cro Cop didn't want to face Jiri Prochazka.

Is Mark Hunt's UFC contract over or is he retiring?
He's fighting this weekend and then his UFC contract ends. He doesn't want to retire now. Will likely fight again somewhere else.

I'd rather see Tenshin vs. CroCop.

Its motherfuckin Japan. It could happen.
tenor.gif

Am I right, or am I right?

Daron Cruickshank vs Damien Brown
Shinju Nozawa Auclair vs Yastina (?) Abba
Jiri Prochazka vs Emanuel Newton
Nobumitsu Tyson vs Tofik Musaev
Yuki Motoya vs Justin Scoggins
Ulka vs Manel Kape
Yusuke Yachi vs Johnny Case
RENA vs Samantha Jean Francois

RIZIN BW Title Fight
Kyoji Horiguchi vs Darrion Caldwell

All newly announced

Great to see champion vs. champion for the RIZIN title; Horiguchi vs. Caldwell. Can't wait for this one. It is unreal seeing the promotions work together like this. Hope we see a lot more of it in the future. Saka mentioned a possible mega event with a championship carnival one day with Bellator.

Winner of this fight will be undoubtedly one of the absolute best BWs in the world.

Emmanuel Newton is a fucking joke of a fight for Jiri. I hope he's done with Rizin after this.
He's fighting this weekend and then his UFC contract ends. He doesn't want to retire now. Will likely fight again somewhere else.

I know Hunt is fighting, but if he doesn't take significant damage, is free and clear contract wise, a Cro Cop/Hunt 2 (3 if you want to count their K-1 encounter) would be a good bout to add to the sold out show. Then again, it may be something to do sometime early next year.

I know Hunt is fighting, but if he doesn't take significant damage, is free and clear contract wise, a Cro Cop/Hunt 2 (3 if you want to count their K-1 encounter) would be a good bout to add to the sold out show. Then again, it may be something to do sometime early next year.
Agreed, hell of a fight and makes sense considering they're 1-1.

Would be a nice addition to NYE or sometime in 2019.

Back