Rizin 14th NYE

Damn, just realized Newton is 1-6 in his last 7. Too bad they couldn't get a Mo rematch for Jiri instead.

tenor.gif

Am I right, or am I right?

I'd still give Mirko a shot... He might be able to hang with Tenshin.

One fight, a joke ass exhibition with mayweather, has driven the hw tournament champion off of the card. Very disappointing news. I get wanting to see floyd get his ass kicked; but to spend that much money on such an illegitimate match that it drives away their reigning champ is awful. I always kind of liked the freakshow fights from Inoki-Bom-be-ya, provides they were competitive. What a joke. They should have knocked off a few of the other fights to pay for cro cop vs someone.

One fight, a joke ass exhibition with mayweather, has driven the hw tournament champion off of the card. Very disappointing news. I get wanting to see floyd get his ass kicked; but to spend that much money on such an illegitimate match that it drives away their reigning champ is awful. I always kind of liked the freakshow fights from Inoki-Bom-be-ya, provides they were competitive. What a joke. They should have knocked off a few of the other fights to pay for cro cop vs someone.

I am sure they will have him early in 2019 or so. A fight with Jiri is what everyone wants to see.

I am sure they will have him early in 2019 or so. A fight with Jiri is what everyone wants to see.

Yeah, he said he would fight early in the year, but it is just such a shame that a farce of an “exhibition” drained the entire purse, and this is clearly a money grab by may-weather the boring storm.

Yeah, he said he would fight early in the year, but it is just such a shame that a farce of an “exhibition” drained the entire purse, and this is clearly a money grab by may-weather the boring storm.

I am looking forward to the fight. It sold out Saitama in a matter of hours. Now they also have Caldwell vs. Horiguchi and a number of other exciting fights. I would like to see Cro Cop on NYE too but I understand if he has to be pushed to early 2019.

Yup after the Floyd/Tenshin announcement Rizin sold out the stadium configuration of Saitama for hours, but ticket prices were very slightly increased compared to their previous shows. With only 20-30% more expensive prices they would have been able to cover Cro Cop and few other big names salaries from the live gate alone.

Last edited:
Yup after the Floyd/Tenshin announcement Rizin sold out the stadium configuration of Saitama for hours, but ticket prices were very slightly increased compared to their previous shows. With only 20-30% more expensive prices they would have been able to cover Cro Cop and few other big names salaries from the live gate alone.

They are going to release more tickets on December 3rd. Not sure how many more will be available but I am sure they will up the charge now that they sold out the original configuration.

At this point, I'd rather watch Mark Hunt fight instead of Cro Cop, if Filipovic is going to ask for too much money to fight nobodies.

Hunto verses Ishii in a gi (Mirko's training partner) to set up a bout with Cro Cop next year.

They are going to release more tickets on December 3rd. Not sure how many more will be available but I am sure they will up the charge now that they sold out the original configuration.

As far as i know there's small amount of tickets left and they are for fighters fan clubs.

At this point, I'd rather watch Mark Hunt fight instead of Cro Cop, if Filipovic is going to ask for too much money to fight nobodies.

Hunto verses Ishii in a gi (Mirko's training partner) to set up a bout with Cro Cop next year.

Hunto is paid $800k per fight in the UFC. I'm pretty sure Cro Cop fights in Rizin for less. Would be cool to see Hunt in Rizin but it won't happen this NYE for sure.

As far as i know there's small amount of tickets left and they are for fighters fan clubs.

Hunto is paid $800k per fight in the UFC. I'm pretty sure Cro Cop fights in Rizin for less. Would be cool to see Hunt in Rizin but it won't happen this NYE for sure.

Hunto wouldn't make anywhere near that for Rizin, this event or any future event. Rizin will have to have money for Tenshin after NYE, because he won't be fighting for peanuts going forward.

You are underestimating Tenshin greatly, he will not be there to spar, he will be there to kill

Yeah, you are probably right. It sounded like the place sold out almost immediately when Floyd Mayweather was introduced by RIZIN. It took just a matter of hours.

Would be great to see Hunt in RIZIN on NYE or at least in 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back