Rizin 14th NYE

Its Shame he wasn’t more active post dream but his gym really took off and quickly turned into multiple gyms producing title contendersI think it was the first gym to have a full size cage in Japan aswell

As is traditional he asked for strong young fighter to retire with but I hope he still keeps doing grappling events

Apparently Rizin 13 did poor numbers, and even the main event disappointed. Given what Sakakibara said recently that if ratings didn't improve Rizin wouldn't survive, we could be looking at the end game for the promotion sooner rather than later. Which would be a real shame, because they consistently put on really strong events.

If Rizin does die off, then expect ONE to make a major push to sign their bigger names. ONE is aiming to become the premier combat sports brand in Asia, showcasing MMA, boxing and kickboxing. They are also pushing into Japan. They would love to sign a lot of the fighters who competed on Rizin 13.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors with ONE - most of their tickets are giveaways, half of their scheduled shows never take place, and the claims they make about audience figures/viewership are simply embarrassing - but if their finances can hold up for a few more years, *maybe* they could become popular enough in Japan, China and elsewhere to be sustainable.

The most likely outcome, of course, is that Rizin will kick the bucket and ONE will follow it 2-3 years later...

Hopefully Fuji is understanding that the typhoon fucked their live broadcast and they still pulled in a number better than their most recent shows

Apparently Rizin 13 did poor numbers, and even the main event disappointed. Given what Sakakibara said recently that if ratings didn't improve Rizin wouldn't survive, we could be looking at the end game for the promotion sooner rather than later. Which would be a real shame, because they consistently put on really strong events.

If Rizin does die off, then expect ONE to make a major push to sign their bigger names. ONE is aiming to become the premier combat sports brand in Asia, showcasing MMA, boxing and kickboxing. They are also pushing into Japan. They would love to sign a lot of the fighters who competed on Rizin 13.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors with ONE - most of their tickets are giveaways, half of their scheduled shows never take place, and the claims they make about audience figures/viewership are simply embarrassing - but if their finances can hold up for a few more years, *maybe* they could become popular enough in Japan, China and elsewhere to be sustainable.

The most likely outcome, of course, is that Rizin will kick the bucket and ONE will follow it 2-3 years later...

How did Rizin 13 do poor numbers?

Over 27k fans in the arena was a huge win by Rizin. Imo.

I wonder who will be fighting in NYE, I mean RIZIN 13 was sort of an all-out card already as far as fighters go. Is the KB tournament still going to happen?

I personally want to see Crocop vs Jiri, Mikuru vs Gustavo or Olivera, Kai vs Petshi, Tenshin vs TAIGA or Kento, Yusuke vs uber-Kawajiri, Kanna vs Ayaka, RENA vs a striker, Hiromasa vs Shintaro, Motoya vs. Kape, Gomi vs whoever he can beat and Bob Sapp vs Gabi Garcia lol.

At this point I dunno who Horiguchi can fight in MMA but I feel Sakakibara would want him in RIZIN 14 with his recent surge in popularity. If no MMA opponent, Sakakibara might give him either Kento or TAIGA in another Kickboxing match. Tbh I lost some excitement for TAIGA vs Tenshin b/c his recent match hints he will get murked at 125lbs... If I remember correctly he fights at 135lbs. If Guchi has to do KB again, I hope he can do it at 130-135lbs, cause he has more stopping power at this weight.

I'm down for Guchi vs. anyone.

Pancrase champ and Bellator vet Rafael Silva would be interesting since he just beat and retired Ueda.
Silva lost to Shintaro not long ago but he is damn tough to beat and to look good against, if Guchi can stop him it would be very impressive since Silva hasn't been finished in the last 7 years..

Kape vs Ishihara

I believe Ishihara was just released from the UFC. It makes sense because he is the training partner of Nakamura, so a revenge storyline would be present.

Kape vs Ishihara

I believe Ishihara was just released from the UFC. It makes sense because he is the training partner of Nakamura, so a revenge storyline would be present.

That would make sense if they make that fight.

Whoops. Sorry web browser freaked out and I deleted my post. Here it is again.

Light sparring between Tenshin and another RISE star (Yuki). Tenshin trying to incorporate Kyoji's blitz and level changes into his kick game. A Tenshin with Guchi's ability to close distance would make him unstoppable lol.

DqLtjf1VAAAZ1w7.jpg:large

No Cro Cop on the poster??

Back