Rizin 14th NYE

A shorter fight definitely works in Tenshin's favour....the fact that it's queensbury rules obviously favours Floyd.

I suppose if it goes the distance it will be ruled an automatic draw? That's standard for exhibitions.

Would be hilarious if they duped Floyd by announcing Tenshin as the winner at the end of the 3 rounds.

LOL. A very bad decision for Tenshin would be crazy. Even though it won't go on Mayweather's record, would still be crazy to see him lose in any fashion, even a robbery.

LOL. A very bad decision for Tenshin would be crazy. Even though it won't go on Mayweather's record, would still be crazy to see him lose in any fashion, even a robbery.

Either will be weird seeing lose, as Tension is uncherry popped too. Floyd would be way more funny tho and would absolutely set up a rematch in Vegas. If Im Sakhibara, Im paying off the judges for a May Pay Day up next. Knowing Floyd, he may want a draw for an easy fight against a midget teenage Japanese kick boxer. Tenshin is the easiest and least risky fight he has out there - Bib is huge and crazy enough to start a riot with his Muzzie gang and Conor is obviously the hardest hitter and best boxer. Either way, bad look for Floyd fishing for MMA fighters to box. Tenshin Floyd in the US does like 300K PPV's right now tho, as no one knows Tenshin and he can not hype or speak English for the PPV market - Floyd needs some gimmick, a tie or loss, to bring in the big buck in Las Vegas.

Common start announcing some matchups already

When are they going to announce the fights?? I think it is time for another press...

When are they going to announce the fights?? I think it is time for another press...
I tend to believe that the rest of the card was hinging on Floyd's participation. If he wasn't taking part, they could pay more for other fighters. If he was taking part, they'd have to negotiate with the rest of the fighters on the card to try and bring them in for a reasonable price. Japan doesn't normally work the same way as Western orgs as far as contracts. They do one off contracts, or shorter contracts, anyway. Maybe I'm mistaken, but that seems to be what I remember. So they may have trouble bringing in good fighters to fill the rest of the card since they're paying Floyd so much money.

Just a guess. Maybe someone else has another take on this.

Just a guess. Maybe someone else has another take on this.

At the Floyd presser (11/5), they stated there would be a presser at the end of that week. This was thrown off because Sakakibara traveled to the US to re-negotiate with Floyd for a week. Who really knows though. Over the weekend, Rena announced at the Shoot Boxing event that she was fighting on NYE.

At the Floyd presser (11/5), they stated there would be a presser at the end of that week. This was thrown off because Sakakibara traveled to the US to re-negotiate with Floyd for a week. Who really knows though. Over the weekend, Rena announced at the Shoot Boxing event that she was fighting on NYE.
So we have Floyd/Tenshin, Rena, and Miyata. Has anyone else been confirmed? I imagine Horiguchi will he there. Probably Cruickshank, since they want exciting fights on NYE. Maybe Gomi?

So we have Floyd/Tenshin, Rena, and Miyata. Has anyone else been confirmed? I imagine Horiguchi will he there. Probably Cruickshank, since they want exciting fights on NYE. Maybe Gomi?

Jiri is in camp
upload_2018-11-20_19-7-14.png

It is possible Cro Cop is always training
upload_2018-11-20_19-11-50.png

Kanna Asakura is training at 10th Planet BJJ.

Jiri and Kanna are pretty much locks because these camps aren't their normal gyms.

Jiri is in camp
View attachment 474835

It is possible Cro Cop is always training
View attachment 474841

Kanna Asakura is training at 10th Planet BJJ.

Jiri and Kanna are pretty much locks because these camps aren't their normal gyms.
Wow, didn't realize Jiri was training with Gus' team. That's a solid team to learn with. Hopefully Gus teaches Jiri some head movement. That's my only knock on Jiri at present, he takes too many shots and his chin won't hold forever while fighting at HW/LHW. This is encouraging though.

If no injuries i guess we get Cro Cop, Jiri, Gomi, Cruickshank, Kawajiri, Yachi, Miyata, Asakura brothers, Tokoro, Erson Yamamoto, Horiguchi, Rena, Kanna, Hamasaki and some of them will be matched against each other like Cro Cop/Jiri, Kanna/Hamasaki. Maybe 1-2 surprises in addition to that. I don't think the rest of the card will suffer because of the main event. Rizin needs strong average ratings very badly and that can't be achieved with only a main event.

Harumafuji or Asashoryu would give them the ratings they want.

Nothing not even. Rumours

giphy.gif

New officially announced bouts:

Kanna Asakura vs Ayaka Hamasaki
Erson Yamamoto vs Kazuyuki Miyata

Fuck, do I ever miss the good old days of 2 or 3 NYE shows in Japan.

Exhibition matches are ruled a draw if it goes to decision

Hope it turns full ma fight with floyd getting koed with soccerkicks. Social media would go crazy.

Back