Rizin 14th NYE

Damage control, trying to save face.

They had a contract? Floyd didn’t sign a damn thing without every detail being worked out. He’s no broke and dumb mma fighter.

Why do a promotional tour ala Mayweather/McGregor when you can do ..............this.

What if they get afficltioned cause they put everything on the Floyd figth :eek:

LOL contract for what, the press conference they paid him to attend?

Floyd now saying it will happen but it will be a boxing "exhibition" match that lasts 9 minutes...

I'm not really on board with that. I'd rather see Tenshin have a real fight against some random guy then watch an exhibition boxing match where I assume both guys will be going through very light sparring. Why pay Floyd all that money just for that?

Floyd's wording makes me feel like it's not a real fight. He used the words "appearance" and "exhibition" too many times.

"I’m moving around with the guy for nine minutes, and of course it’s gonna be the highest paid exhibition ever"

Are you not suppouse to hit each other or what? If it's just boxing why not add it to his record?

Floyd's wording makes me feel like it's not a real fight. He used the words "appearance" and "exhibition" too many times.

"I’m moving around with the guy for nine minutes, and of course it’s gonna be the highest paid exhibition ever"

Are you not suppouse to hit each other or what? If it's just boxing why not add it to his record?
A minor reason may be Tenshin and Rizin not having a license with the boxing commission in Japan.

What if they get afficltioned cause they put everything on the Floyd figth :eek:

They sold out the stadium within a day of the announcement. Floyd will be a hit no matter where he fights. Let's just hope this is a smash hit.

Would love to see it.
A shorter fight definitely works in Tenshin's favour....the fact that it's queensbury rules obviously favours Floyd.

I suppose if it goes the distance it will be ruled an automatic draw? That's standard for exhibitions.

Would be hilarious if they duped Floyd by announcing Tenshin as the winner at the end of the 3 rounds.

A shorter fight definitely works in Tenshin's favour....the fact that it's queensbury rules obviously favours Floyd.

I suppose if it goes the distance it will be ruled an automatic draw? That's standard for exhibitions.

Would be hilarious if they duped Floyd by announcing Tenshin as the winner at the end of the 3 rounds.
It would be hilarious if they just told Tenshin to kick his ass. Remember when Rogan said Conor could become a folk legend by throwing kicks at Floyd? Japan is crazy enough to do it.

I don't give a rats ass about this farce on NYE. I only posted to say that @tinobar is the greatest poster in the history of Sherdog due to his unflinching and steadfast support for 宮田 和幸 since his HERO*S days. That's all.

Back