RIZIN.11: July 29th 2:00 AM EST - Live PBP Discussion Thread

Shizuka says this could be her retirement fight

In regards to Souwer, Sakakibara says they are talking to Shoot Boxing to figure it out. Says Souwer signing to ONE was done without their knowledge but they won't block him over a 1-fight contract

Announcements tonight

ON RIZIN 11:
- Great on adding Rin Nakai. That's awesome.
- They really shouldn't put Tenshin on the Rizin 11 card. That was a brutal kickboxing bout he just had, plus Rizin 12 is just a few weeks after. No brainer imo. Give the kid an extra 14 days, or wait till September.

ON RIZIN 12:
- Someone told me this was a lower tier card so that I should lower my expectations. I have, and so I can appreciate that lineup for what it's worth. King Reina, Yachi, Hioki, and then potentially Tenshin too. Could be alright. Plus Yuki Motoya is one of the better JMMA fighters.

In regards to Souwer, Sakakibara says they are talking to Shoot Boxing to figure it out. Says Souwer signing to ONE was done without their knowledge but they won't block him over a 1-fight contract
ONE won't block him, is that what he meant?

ONE won't block him, is that what he meant?
Rizin won't block Souwer from signing the ONE exclusive contract. They didn't have a bout agreement, so what could they do anyways. ONE isn't going to work with Rizin and want it gone, so they can schedule 4 events in Japan and cancel half of them.

I feel like they'll be able to find a suitable opponent for Gomi regardless. It doesn't need to be Souwer.

Tenshin's kickboxing match last night resulted in a broken foot and hand. His fight at RIZIN.11 doesn't seem likely.

The fight is worth watching.

Jesus, what a fight! Both guys have iron chins.

I'm awaiting confirmations from Cruickshank, Kawajiri, Kape, Shintaro Ishiwatari etc. 36 more days.

I thought rizin is holding an event in China this year?

Asakura Kai (10-1) vs Topnoi Tiger Muay Thai (5-1) booked

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a unforgivably dumb decision? For the past month people who know more about JMMA than me were discussing how Kai Asakura needs to be on the 08/12 card, not 07/29.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a unforgivably dumb decision? For the past month people who know more about JMMA than me were discussing how Kai Asakura needs to be on the 08/12 card, not 07/29.
I can see that, because of the Nagoya connection. They might have him fight on both shows.

12 is in his hometown but this is also the much bigger card. It wasn't so much that he needed to be on 12, most just assumed he would be on it

Back