RIZIN.11: July 29th 2:00 AM EST - Live PBP Discussion Thread

Should be, but they’ll probably end up making Horiguchi or Tenshin the main event. They’re all about metro Tenshin.
But
- Tenshin's never headlined before
- They've had Rena headline over Tenshin before.

Maybe Horiguchi though.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks Gomi has some fight left in him? Give Yilan Sha from Road if he wins. Prospect v Legend.

But
- Tenshin's never headlined before
- They've had Rena headline over Tenshin before.

Maybe Horiguchi though.

Guchi-Kubo was billed as the main event when it was announced, but it wouldn't shock me if they put Kanna-Rena over it, the promos seem to be more leaning that way

That promo video with the Gomi vs Souwer match was put out yesterday. According Fight Nation, ONE Championship signed Souwer to an exclusive contract today. Unsure if it is for just kickboxing or all combat sports. This means Souwer may be off the card if it is totally exclusive. This just proves that Rizin's contracts or mma contracts mean nothing if you can't sue the larger companies. The Zhang case was worse because it seems like the UFC offered her a contract through SuckerPunch the week of her Rizin fight.

That promo video with the Gomi vs Souwer match was put out yesterday. According Fight Nation, ONE Championship signed Souwer to an exclusive contract today. Unsure if it is for just kickboxing or all combat sports. This means Souwer may be off the card if it is totally exclusive. This just proves that Rizin's contracts or mma contracts mean nothing if you can't sue the larger companies. The Zhang case was worse because it seems like the UFC offered her a contract through SuckerPunch the week of her Rizin fight.

Why did you do that ONE? I was looking foward to Gomi-Souwer.

Tenshin's kickboxing match last night resulted in a broken foot and hand. His fight at RIZIN.11 doesn't seem likely.

The fight is worth watching.

Tenshin's kickboxing match last night resulted in a broken foot and hand. His fight at RIZIN.11 doesn't seem likely.

The fight is worth watching.

Wow! What a bout!

Tenshin's opponent (Rodtang Jitmuangnon) was a absolute adrenaline rush with a iron chin, and together they put on something special.

I'd love to see a rematch between these two at Rizin. Forget the whole GP. Just sign these two and let them be at 100%.

giphy.gif

Wow! What a bout!

Tenshin's opponent (Rodtang Jitmuangnon) was a absolute adrenaline rush with a iron chin, and together they put on something special.

I'd love to see a rematch between these two at Rizin. Forget the whole GP. Just sign these two and let them be at 100%.

giphy.gif
Rodtang signed with One Championship a couple of weeks ago

Am I the only one who thinks Gomi has some fight left in him? Give Yilan Sha from Road if he wins. Prospect v Legend.
Lol. Gomi needs to fight legends/veterans. At this point, if he fights any prospect, I think he'll most likely lose.

Lol. Gomi needs to fight legends/veterans. At this point, if he fights any prospect, I think he'll most likely lose.

I mean it like experience v youth. If you give him a low enough level one than he can absolutely win.

I mean it like experience v youth. If you give him a low enough level one than he can absolutely win.
That Yilan sha dude might actually win Gomi. He just beat Daron cruickshanks team mate not to long ago and won a fight in road fc.

That Yilan sha dude might actually win Gomi. He just beat Daron cruickshanks team mate not to long ago and won a fight in road fc.

Well yeah, that's how I like it, when both guys have a fairly even chance of winning.

Basically back to back events to finish the summer and only 5 confirmed fights....Japanese style

Back