RIP Yahoo

Damn Yahoo, I had some good times on the chatrooms with all the chicks who were showing off on their webcams <{1-7}>

Still use Yahoo to this day. I have to say that the quality of the main page is shit now. Too much of "guess what this random untalented skank wore last night or said on twitter", or "I sleep with married men, not only am I not ashamed I'm empowered." Half the articles read like a 13 year old's blog with poor spelling and with most of the article just made up of random tweets.

It actually wasn't that many years ago that I regularly frequented Yahoo's MMA section for MMA news.

I had some good times on the chatrooms with all the chicks who were showing off on their webcams <{1-7}>

I don't understand how tech got better and those women got scarce.

Like IE, it's gone to the giant recycle bin in the sky.....

byebye-ie.jpg

End of an era.

<{boneytears}>
E is still the most used browser in Asia so i doubt that.

Netscape Navigator was the shit. Nothing excited me more than watching the animating navigating wheel at the top right of the browser spin while a page was loading.

One of the news hotlink websites I go to intersperses yahoo articles with other news sites' links and I must say, Yahoo is by far the biggest pile of steaming shit I've ever seen.

They will have news articles that are no longer than the tag line. 15 word news posts.

They also are so shitty at reading and segregating their demographics that I dumped their homepage.

I think every employee who has worked at yahoo over the last decade should be publicly lampooned and blacklisted

Yeah, right. You wished you owned a part of UFC.

I wonder if my AOL and Earthlink email accounts are still active. I still have an active Hotmail account that's 18 years old.
If they made everyone change their email addresses, that would create too much chaos.

Member when microsoft offered 45 billion usd to buy yahoo back in '08?

THe only thing my yahoo account was still connected to was sherdog

I switched it to protonmail after seeing this

shout out to @shadow_priest_x for telling me about proton

I don't understand how tech got better and those women got scarce.
No one realized the consequences quite as much back then.
Plus most of that shit is lost. I would hate to be confronted with a transcript of what I was saying to girls in chatrooms back in 1997 when I was 12. (If they were really girls)

I just signed up a new Yahoo email address yesterday (don't ask). Also, did I read right, down in the dumps Yahoo sold for more than in its prime UFC?

E is still the most used browser in Asia so i doubt that.

Are you sure? At least in my country, almost no one uses IE. Even FFox is not that popular anymore. I personally uses FFox.
I do know it's popular in Taiwan because alot of their social media platform is based on that. They have these top 100 sexiest girl, hot topic cuties that uses Yahoo.

I still uses Yahoo mail but I don't think it will be affect though.

EDIT:
I wonder what will happen to Yahoo Finance though. I still uses it daily.

Last edited:
Back