Rewatched both Conor vs Diaz fights

If we were to look at this fight per 25 mins, I honestly think that Diaz might've won that fight. I'm not definite (someone can try to stat that if they like) but it seems had longer periods of controlling the fight while Conor obviously had the bigger "moments". If leg kicks can win you fights, well Nate did jab the shit out of him, which also seemed to go unnoticed.

And if you also look at it from this angle: Even though Conor dropped him multiple times, no one really knows how close was the fight to being finished because Conor didn't wanna get in his guard. Diaz was probably another minute or less from finishing Conor in that 3rd round.

It really, really isn't though.

1, 2, 4 Mcgregor. There's nothing difficult about it. Same with people claiming Anderson beat Bisping, despite it being the easiest fight to score ever, 1, 2, 4 Bisping.

With an example of what "winning" looks like:
01-bisping.jpg

clearly a fight that would have warranted conney a shot at the 155 title
He already had the title shot, but took the fight vs Nate on short notice because RDA got injured. Winning the second fight only gave him back the title fight he should have had in the first place.

It really, really isn't though.

1, 2, 4 Mcgregor. There's nothing difficult about it. Same with people claiming Anderson beat Bisping, despite it being the easiest fight to score ever, 1, 2, 4 Bisping.
Scored round 3 10-8 for Nate.

Round 2 looked like it was going to be an easy 10-8 for Conor until Nate dominated the last 90 seconds of that round. It wasn't enough for Nate to win the round, but it at least made it a 10-9 round for Conor.

Btw, you must be pretty new if you thought round 4 was an easy round to score. Take your Conor glasses off and try to watch unbiased.

How is round 2 debate though? Conor literally dominated 3:30 of that round and mate started gaining steam around 1:30 and it lasted until the end of the round. I'm no math wiz but to me 3:30 is significantly longer than 1:30. And it wasn't like Conor wasn't dominating that 3:30, he dropped Nate twice during that time.

You drop a guy 2x in boxing in one round, that's a 10-7 round...

Remember when I said, "Cue angry McGregor fanboys in 3, 2, 1 ... ?"

Not that you're angry, of course.

Har, har, har.

i'm a big Diaz fan. i was a fan of the Diaz brothers before you'd ever heard of this sport. and far from a Conor fan; he's a very good fighter and is the worst thing to happen to this sport in a long time and watching what's happening is awful.

but at least i come online to actually discuss fights. is trolling really that fun? introspection time - what are you getting out of this? isn't getting stoned a better way to waste your time???

so which round did he win, kid, 2 or 4? tell me why? i know you haven't ever actually seen the fight before, so feel free to google your answer.

and good luck in life, you'll need it. feel free to get the last word in. you need that small victory.

I rewatched Conor/Diaz 1 and Conor stopped DIaz in the 2nd round. You can see him striking Diaz on the ground and Diaz just turns and runs. Awful decision.

Scored round 3 10-8 for Nate.

Round 2 looked like it was going to be an easy 10-8 for Conor until Nate dominated the last 90 seconds of that round. It wasn't enough for Nate to win the round, but it at least made it a 10-9 round for Conor.
Absolute madness if that's what a 10-8 looks like these days.

i'm a big Diaz fan. i was a fan of the Diaz brothers before you'd ever heard of this sport. and far from a Conor fan; he's a very good fighter and is the worst thing to happen to this sport in a long time and watching what's happening is awful.

but at least i come online to actually discuss fights. is trolling really that fun? introspection time - what are you getting out of this? isn't getting stoned a better way to waste your time???

so which round did he win, kid, 2 or 4? tell me why? i know you haven't ever actually seen the fight before, so feel free to google your answer.

All this outrage from a "3, 2, 1" joke?

Are you really that infuriated?

Fights are scored by rounds, don't know if you are aware.

Tell me how you score that fight for Anderson?

I don't necessarily score it for The Spider, but thats what is frustrating about Bisping. I could go into it but I don't want to thread jack, and tangent to a different topic.

Absolute madness if that's what a 10-8 looks like these days.
You do realize they just changed the rules of scoring to make it easier to score 10-8 rounds. If that round bothered you then you need to get out of MMA, 10-8s are about to be A LOT more common.

I believe I gave it to Diaz barely. It's 3-2 either way you slice it though. To say the decision was clear, or a robbery, is just flat out wrong.

Very close fight. Probably the most accurate reflection of it is it was a DRAW. Really wish we got to see the trilogy between these 2 instead of this freakshow casual fan Conor-May fight.

Close fight but McGregor won. Most in the media got it right. One writer in 19 thought Diaz won.
upload_2017-6-19_16-39-25.png
upload_2017-6-19_16-58-39.png

Conor won the second fight. When I first watched it live I thought it was a lot closer than it was and hard to tell who won it, but on a second and third viewing, Conor deserved it. Still a close and great fight.

You do realize they just changed the rules of scoring to make it easier to score 10-8 rounds. If that round bothered you then you need to get out of MMA, 10-8s are about to be A LOT more common.
Still shouldn't be a 10-8.

Back