Rewatched both Conor vs Diaz fights

Second fight was a draw, but no question who won the first fight.

End result = Conor is forever Nate doggs bitch.

Only convincing round Nate won was the 3th. He lost 1th and 2th comfortably. The only time Nate had success in 2th was the last 40 seconds. Conor with 2 legit knockdowns and hitting the target for 3 minutes he had to be given the round. 3th obviously Nate. 4th obviously Conor Nate did nothing in that round. 5th round was competitive back and forward between the two ( you give the round to nate if you think the takedown at the end was enough) Personally i think Conor defensive work was better in the 5th round.

and let me tell you, i am amazed how obvious it was that Nate also won the 2nd fight. I'm not a fan of either, I'm just a fight fan and i scored the fight without any bias. Diaz clearly won 3 rounds.

I urge u to rewatch it without bias.

I'm biased against Conor. and Conor won. Nate only won rounds 3 and 5.

I think in such a close fight, Conor's knock downs should count slightly more than Nate's volume. And Conor obviously dealt more damage.

The decision was fair.

Yeah, just about.

Whenever a fight is super close, i just look at whos more fucked up.

I've water that fight a million times. You're wrong, you can't win 1:30 seconds of a 5:00 round and win that round, get outta here.

^ this...unless you do more damage during that 1:30 than the other fighter does in 3:30 but that wasn't the case. I have also watched it ~10 times and Conor won 3 rounds, there is no doubt! He also did WAY more overall damage, which is what should matter most in fighting, so even under Pride judging he would have won.

So ya....Nate did win parts of 3 rounds but there is no way he won most of 3 rounds and he certainly did not win the fight.

Whenever a fight is super close, i just look at whos more fucked up.

lots of people do. that's why we get threads like this, instead of threads that are actually about scoring fights :)

Bill Burr scores fights like you too. he's fun to listen to. he starts every rant with "look, i don't know what the fuck i'm talking about, and I don't know shit about scoring fights...." and then discusses things like who bled more, who got knocked down, who looked worst. nothing about the 10 point must system. he might not even know that mma uses the 10 point must system.

but he's right; he doesn't know shit about fights or scoring, and he's often wrong. because of, you know, technical details like rules and scoring and other boring shit like that.

but he's fun to listen to.

Only convincing round Nate won was the 3th. He lost 1th and 2th comfortably. The only time Nate had success in 2th was the last 40 seconds. Conor with 2 legit knockdowns and hitting the target for 3 minutes he had to be given the round. 3th obviously Nate. 4th obviously Conor Nate did nothing in that round. 5th round was competitive back and forward between the two ( you give the round to nate if you think the takedown at the end was enough) Personally i think Conor defensive work was better in the 5th round.
To me what stuck in my mind from the first fight was Conor getting slapped and strangled, and from the second match I can't shake the image of Conor repeatedly turning his back and jogging away.

To me what stuck in my mind from the first fight was Conor getting slapped and strangled, and from the second match I can't shake the image of Conor repeatedly turning his back and jogging away.

The fight lasted 25 minutes, so if all you can remember is Conor is jogging for a few seconds to change position, what can i say?

Nate is 20 pounds heavier than Conor. Nate was using he size to outmuscle Conor.

I think Conor destroys him at 155, because Nate would have to go down to hes level and equal out in size.

First time I watched it I scored it a draw. Second time I watched it I thought Diaz may have won. It is a pretty tough fight to score.
I've actually gone all 3 ways
Conor
Diaz
& draw but it was simply a close fight without a clear winner.

The fight lasted 25 minutes, so if all you can remember is Conor is jogging for a few seconds to change position, what can i say?

Nate is 20 pounds heavier than Conor. Nate was using he size to outmuscle Conor.

I think Conor destroys him at 155, because Nate would have to go down to hes level and equal out in size.
Nates pressure would be to high for Conor at 55.

Oh yeah here we go with the Nates a natural light heavyweight excuse. Nate is such a monster yet certified manlets like Joe Stevenson Clay Guida and Hermes Franca had no problem with his size.

<209Bitch>

The real story is that Conor had to fake retiring to give himself more time to train for a weak win over Diaz.

Oh yeah here we go with the Nates a natural light heavyweight excuse. Nate is such a monster yet certified manlets like Joe Stevenson Clay Guida and Hermes Franca had no problem with his size.

<209Bitch>

Thats he's walking around weight. You clearly see Nate is way bigger than Conor, both times. Do you need glasses?

Nates pressure would be to high for Conor at 55.

Nate would not be as strong at 155, hes cutting lot of weight almost 30 to 35 pounds. Conor would cut about15 to 20 pounds maybe? Nate uses he's size in the 170 fights. He will not have the size advantage at 155.

Thats he's walking around weight. You clearly see Nate is way bigger than Conor, both times. Do you need glasses?
And why did the dozen other LWs and guys smaller than Conor handle him without complaints?

And why did the dozen other LWs and guys smaller than Conor handle him without complaints?
'Fighting Game' is about one inch away from doing what i've never seen a Conor fan admit to, going overnight from:

"OMG i fucking love Conor, he doesn't fuck around or game plan he just goes out and kicks ass"​

to (overnight, mind you):

"OMG did you see how Conor won by gameplanning? eking out a decision by being evasive against a bigger, stronger fighter? so smart. such a great fighter. i love that guy"​

they all did it, but none admit it. 'Fighting Game' is very close though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back