Rewatched both Conor vs Diaz fights

i dont care so much who won, i had nate winning both fights btw. but more importantly, mcgregor struggled with nate and fought an extremely close fight. .... against nate freaking diaz.... i dont care if he won, a close fight against nate is a loss in itself. nate fought terrible as usual. zero defense for leg kicks, no offensive wrestling, high guard the whole time. conor didnt look better, absolutely no clinchgame whatsoever, gassing out after 3 rounds and the stalling where he literally ran away for half the round. to me neither of them is a top level fighter.

Last edited:
I entertain both sides. It was a weird fight to score. Conor dropped Nate s few times but also ran away and completely avoided the action at other times. I'd need to see it again but after watching it the first time I scored it narrowly for Conor. Again, I can appreciate either side.

clearly a fight that would have warranted conney a shot at the 155 title
He got the LW title shot after KO'ing Aldo in 13 seconds. RDA pulling just delayed it until after the DIaz fights.

So you mean to tell me that Nate won although he got on his ass 3 times?

So you mean to tell me that Nate won although he got on his ass 3 times?
Fights are scored by rounds. The knockdowns won Conor the first two rounds. Diaz took 3 and 5. 4 is a what people debate. The knockdowns don't determine the fight by them self

First time I watched it I scored it a draw. Second time I watched it I thought Diaz may have won. It is a pretty tough fight to score.
It really isn't that tough to score, please go and rewatch it right now.

Alright. At LEAST one of Conor's rounds should be a 10-8
I'd say round 1 was 10-8. First round was Conor's best (as usual). Second round went 10-9.

Edit: In 2016 the scoring rules hadn't changed yet so round 1 would have been 10-9 most likely

Last edited:
The only round Conor clearly won is round 1. After that he was fading and just hanging on. Fought like a lion but Nate was the tougher more durable man and kept pushing and dominating the rest of the fight.

The only round Conor clearly won is round 1. After that he was fading and just hanging on. Fought like a lion but Nate was the tougher more durable man and kept pushing and dominating the rest of the fight.

you claim you just watched the fight. feel free to explain rounds 2 and 4 to us. without bias. thanks.

Last edited:
Rooted for Nate, but he took round 4 off after taking charge in round 3. Conor got 1-2-4. That was Nate's fight to lose and he either gassed after round 3 or got complacent and thought he had it in the bag.

Nate needs to fix his mental game. He lost this fight because of how easily he won the first fight. He came out and got knocked around because he didn't fear the guy he just beat, while in the first fight he avoided Conor's shots as if Conor was wearing spiked brass knuckles. Then he coasted in round 4, probably because he worked Conor in round 3 and figured the end would come just like the first fight. This is why a rematch needs to happen. First fight, Conor took him lightly. Second fight Nate took Conor lightly. Let's see them fight after they both saw the best in each other.

Second fight was a draw, but no question who won the first fight.

End result = Conor is forever Nate doggs bitch.

and let me tell you, i am amazed how obvious it was that Nate also won the 2nd fight. I'm not a fan of either, I'm just a fight fan and i scored the fight without any bias. Diaz clearly won 3 rounds.

I urge u to rewatch it without bias.

Winning 40 seconds of 5 minute round , is winning a fight? Nate is overblown beyond believe. Conor barely had a mark of damage. Nate busted nose, two black eyes swollen face somehow this the guy who beat up Conor, laughable?

Also Nate needs to get serious about finishing a guy instead of laughing and pointing like a 7 year old. Frustrating to watch that.

Rooted for Nate, but he took round 4 off after taking charge in round 3. Conor got 1-2-4. That was Nate's fight to lose and he either gassed after round 3 or got complacent and thought he had it in the bag.

Nate needs to fix his mental game. He lost this fight because of how easily he won the first fight. He came out and got knocked around because he didn't fear the guy he just beat, while in the first fight he avoided Conor's shots as if Conor was wearing spiked brass knuckles. Then he coasted in round 4, probably because he worked Conor in round 3 and figured the end would come just like the first fight. This is why a rematch needs to happen. First fight, Conor took him lightly. Second fight Nate took Conor lightly. Let's see them fight after they both saw the best in each other.

i actually think it was the blood, not his heart and not his gas. if he lacked heart or gas, round 5 would have gone differently. i'm not saying he wasn't tired (they were both knackered), i'm just saying he didn't take the round off.

go watch that round 4 again. he spent the first 3 minutes trying not to make the blood in his eyes worse by rubbing it, and eating a handful (not a ton, but enough) of shots he probably didn't see until the last minute. and when they covered it up with vasoline after round 4, he was fine again.

a small, very bloody face wound. and it changed everything. IMO, of course.

That fight was a mess to score.

A decision with for Nate or Conor is perfectly fine, as is a draw. You can make a good argument for any of those scores.

Nate is a sore loser. He keeps following Conor around. Nate make your own mark stop hanging onto everything Conor does. Nate was the bigger guy and he couldn't do it. Nate was a punching bag in the 4th round and that's why he lost.

Remember when the Conor Cucks™ (trademarked) claimed that McGregor only lost because "not having a full training camp is an advantage"?

Lol...have you ever seen such a laughable bunch of homo dick-riders in your life :)

Back