Revival: Unpopular MMA opinions

I get disagreeing with the mighty mosue and BJ penn opinions but whats wrong with Werdum. The dude has the best resume (apart from maybe JDS) in HW history. He was the first to beat fedor, he was the first to outclass arlovski, he submitted overeem and IMO won the 3rd fight and outstriked overeem, he submitted big Nog, he knee'd mark hunt and roy nelsons face off, and etc... The dude is so overlooked.

Emelianenko and Stipe are easily ahead of him imo. You do have fair points though.

I see Cody Garbrandt having a long reign as champ.

I think Wonderboy is overrated and boring. And he won the Rory fight running and doing nothing.
I'm not sure this is that unpopular an opinion about Wonder-chess master at this point. lol

I see Cody Garbrandt having a long reign as champ.
If he can get past TJ and Cruz II, I think he has a much smoother ride ahead. I like Rivera and Sterling, but I don't see them offering more of a threat than the former two.

Worth reposting:

Alexis Davis is underrated and could still give most of the top BWs a run for their money.

-Pena actually seems to have worse striking and is sloppy on the ground, I would favor Alexis
-Zingano seems better on paper but lost to Pena and can also get sloppy, Alexis could very well sub her
-Pennington is usually far from dominant and struggled against Bethe, I see a close decision that could easily go to... Alexis!
-unretired/motivated Tate would probably win UD with top control but could also get caught and submitted
-current Nunes probably TKOs Davis but if Davis survives to the late second/third she could beat Nunes again!
-Shevchenko (everyone will hate this since she's Sherdog's darling now) is too willing to go to the ground where she would be at a disadvantage

She was giving McMann major trouble before falling to that gorilla strength choke too lol.

Holly "Ish-tar" Home would be the hardest matchup because of how cautious she is not to go to the ground and Davis would need some luck to get the bigger Holm there, but in general people are far too quick to dismiss Alexis Texas as a contender!

ALEXIS IS LOVE, ALEXIS IS LIFE.
Shevchenko is too willing to go to the ground?? lol, what?

She would beat Davis handily from top position as most fighters from mma don't have a good half guard/full guard. But Shevchenko doesn't need to do that when she holds such a big striking advantage.

Whittaker is the world's best middleweight and beats the whole top 5 right now.
Khabib still beats Ferguson and McGregor.
JDS will knock Ngannou out.
Mighty Mouse has fought and beaten legit competition; flyweight is just too young of a division for most to take seriously right now.

Shevchenko is too willing to go to the ground?? lol, what?

She would beat Davis handily from top position as most fighters from mma don't have a good half guard/full guard. But Shevchenko doesn't need to do that when she holds such a big striking advantage.
Well, I didn't mean I would favor Davis since Shevchenko *could* use her striking advantage to dominate, just that Shevchenko doesn't try to avoid the ground against grapplers to the point where it's exactly hard to see her getting into trouble there.

Well, I didn't mean I would favor Davis since Shevchenko *could* use her striking advantage to dominate, just that Shevchenko doesn't try to avoid the ground against grapplers to the point where it's exactly hard to see her getting into trouble there.
Well you're right. Her fight IQ has been.. up and down, which isn't a good thing. I hope she can be logical in her rematch with Nunes.

If he can get past TJ and Cruz II, I think he has a much smoother ride ahead. I like Rivera and Sterling, but I don't see them offering more of a threat than the former two.
Sterling would get slept in the first round. Rivera, Garbrandt and Dillashaw all finish him with strikes; maybe Almeida too. Cruz just decisions him. It is quite strange how far behind in striking Sterling is to the top 5, whilst he has average takedowns with good control.. not a good combo vs the champ and other contenders.

Anderson faced as tough of competition as anyone in his era, he just outclassed them so bad everyone talked shit about them.

GSP's resume is overrated.

Conor would have lost the FW title within 3 fights of winning it (Aldo rematch, Edgar, or much improved Max would have beaten him), and would lose to either Ferg or Khabib. Total hype train.

Stipe is easily the GOAT HW.

Cerrone was/is better at LW.

Woodley beats GSP now.

Bisping is the weakest champ in UFC history.

Helwani's nose is handsome. Proud, boldy sculpted, just what a nose should be.

Hamill wasn't robbed in the Bisping fight. Even though Sherdog and fightmetric scored for Bisping, most fans hated Bisping so much they convinced themselves that Hamill won. Like everyone else, I was rooting for Hamill and thought he got robbed. But upon re-watch, it was a pretty clear 29-28 for Bisping.

This x100. Unfortunately many Sherdoggers let their dislike of Bisping (and other fighters) get in the way and cloud their judgement too much.

I love wmma and mens flyweight.

Rockhold did take Bisping seriously.

Erick Silva isn't a great young prospect.

Diego deserved the decision against Kampmann.

Bellator could overtake UFC.

Say what you want about Erick but you can't deny his age, kid's only just about legal to drink.

BJM shoul have given DC more time to recover in his fight with jones

Anderson was owning The Chris in their second fight before the freak injury happened

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back