Revival: Unpopular MMA opinions

sirmorbach

These violent delights have violent ends
@Black
Reaction score
These threads are always 10/10.

I'll start: I like Tyron Woodley.

Rockhold did take Bisping seriously.

Erick Silva isn't a great young prospect.

Diego deserved the decision against Kampmann.

Bellator could overtake UFC.

Last edited:
Luke Rockhold is the best middleweight out there.

I like Rose Namajunas' buzzcut.

Machida wasn't robbed by either rampage or Davis, he did absolutely nothing in the first two rounds of both fights and didn't do enough in the third to win a 10-8

It's only an unpopular opinion because people are dumb and can't get past round 3

Stipe won the first right against JDS.

Worth reposting:

Alexis Davis is underrated and could still give most of the top BWs a run for their money.

-Pena actually seems to have worse striking and is sloppy on the ground, I would favor Alexis
-Zingano seems better on paper but lost to Pena and can also get sloppy, Alexis could very well sub her
-Pennington is usually far from dominant and struggled against Bethe, I see a close decision that could easily go to... Alexis!
-unretired/motivated Tate would probably win UD with top control but could also get caught and submitted
-current Nunes probably TKOs Davis but if Davis survives to the late second/third she could beat Nunes again!
-Shevchenko (everyone will hate this since she's Sherdog's darling now) is too willing to go to the ground where she would be at a disadvantage

She was giving McMann major trouble before falling to that gorilla strength choke too lol.

Holly "Ish-tar" Home would be the hardest matchup because of how cautious she is not to go to the ground and Davis would need some luck to get the bigger Holm there, but in general people are far too quick to dismiss Alexis Texas as a contender!

ALEXIS IS LOVE, ALEXIS IS LIFE.

Dillashaw is the best bantamweight in the world.

Bisping isn't ducking anybody.

Bellator are overpaying middle-tier top 10 fighters, UFC are smart not to match
Jones looked better against OSP than he did in the first DC fight

Dan Henderson should have been punished for his extra punch in the famous Bisping KO.

Carlos Condit beat Robbie Lawler. A lot of people agree, but a lot of Robbie fans get real defensive over it.

Worth reposting:

Alexis Davis is underrated and could still give most of the top BWs a run for their money.

-Pena actually seems to have worse striking and is sloppy on the ground, I would favor Alexis
-Zingano seems better on paper but lost to Pena and can also get sloppy, Alexis could very well sub her
-Pennington is usually far from dominant and struggled against Bethe, I see a close decision that could easily go to... Alexis!
-unretired/motivated Tate would probably win UD with top control but could also get caught and submitted
-current Nunes probably TKOs Davis but if Davis survives to the late second/third she could beat Nunes again!
-Shevchenko (everyone will hate this since she's Sherdog's darling now) is too willing to go to the ground where she would be at a disadvantage

She was giving McMann major trouble before falling to that gorilla strength choke too lol.

Holly "Ish-tar" Home would be the hardest matchup because of how cautious she is not to go to the ground and Davis would need some luck to get the bigger Holm there, but in general people are far too quick to dismiss Alexis Texas as a contender!

ALEXIS IS LOVE, ALEXIS IS LIFE.
Dude she decisioned Dandois she isn't good.

Back