Revival: Unpopular MMA opinions

Ooo heres one

MMA at its most entertaining was 03-07 when it was still style vs style

I don't think Jones is such a bad guy.

Rockhold did take Bisping seriously.

100% agreed. There's no way I'm gonna be convinced that a professional fighter didn't take his opponent seriously, especially when it's a top 10 fighter. Rockhold got caught.

Liddell only beat cans for the most part, his best wins were Overeem and Vitor

Wmma doesn't sell. Ronda was the show and holm ended it by not being anything special

100% agreed. There's no way I'm gonna be convinced that a professional fighter didn't take his opponent seriously, especially when it's a top 10 fighter. Rockhold got caught.
Didn't he basically say the same thing about Belfort? He seems to "get caught" a lot. ;)

I think Wonderboy is overrated and boring. And he won the Rory fight running and doing nothing.

Condit won the fight against hendricks CLEARLY.

Woodley's "win" over Condit was a complete fluke, and the fact that anybody takes that win seriously baffles me.

- Conor would most likely beat Khabib and Ferguson
- Khabib is more overrated than Conor
- Randy Couture and Chuck Lidell are good fighters, but were never that good and dont rank in my top 25 fighters.
- The "stackedness" of the LW division is blown out of proportion
- While it was a tough fight and Shogun was the first to really expose Machida's weakness and make him look human, Machida still won the first fight with Shogun.
- Fabricio Werdum is arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time, IMO he's #2 and he should be on everyones top 10 list.
- If Mighty Mouse never existed, everyone would be saying Benavidez is one of the greatest of all time..
- BJ Penn arguably beat Edgar and GSP in their first fights.
- Cyborg has never really been tested by a quality opponent, and may only look that good when fighting no names. Even though fighters are scared of her, they might be wrong. In order for cyborg to be taken seriously she needs to fight someone like Holly, Nunes, and etc... and holly might expose Cyborg like she did ronda.
- Arlovski is a top 10 HW OAT, and in his prime was a SCARY fucking fighter.
- Cro Cop vs Fedor did not live up to its expectations. But its understandable.
- I was not surprised Woodley vs maia was boring, and I'm more surprised that people didn't see it would be a boring fight from a mile away.
- Conor moving up to LW is not as impressive as people think since conor walks around at 170 and is a comfortable 155 for fighting. The dude was huge for FW.
-

silva wasn't clowning against weidman. He just isnt nearly as powerful

- Conor would most likely beat Khabib and Ferguson
- Khabib is more overrated than Conor
- Randy Couture and Chuck Lidell are good fighters, but were never that good and dont rank in my top 25 fighters.
- The "stackedness" of the LW division is blown out of proportion
- While it was a tough fight and Shogun was the first to really expose Machida's weakness and make him look human, Machida still won the first fight with Shogun.

Buy.

- Fabricio Werdum is arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time, IMO he's #2 and he should be on everyones top 10 list.
- If Mighty Mouse never existed, everyone would be saying Benavidez is one of the greatest of all time..
- BJ Penn arguably beat Edgar and GSP in their first fights.

Sell.

- Cyborg has never really been tested by a quality opponent, and may only look that good when fighting no names. Even though fighters are scared of her, they might be wrong. In order for cyborg to be taken seriously she needs to fight someone like Holly, Nunes, and etc... and holly might expose Cyborg like she did ronda.
- Arlovski is a top 10 HW OAT, and in his prime was a SCARY fucking fighter.
- Cro Cop vs Fedor did not live up to its expectations. But its understandable.
- I was not surprised Woodley vs maia was boring, and I'm more surprised that people didn't see it would be a boring fight from a mile away.

Buy.

- Conor moving up to LW is not as impressive as people think since conor walks around at 170 and is a comfortable 155 for fighting. The dude was huge for FW.

I think even Conor fans (myself includen) agree that he's a natural 155er.

I get disagreeing with the mighty mosue and BJ penn opinions but whats wrong with Werdum. The dude has the best resume (apart from maybe JDS) in HW history. He was the first to beat fedor, he was the first to outclass arlovski, he submitted overeem and IMO won the 3rd fight and outstriked overeem, he submitted big Nog, he knee'd mark hunt and roy nelsons face off, and etc... The dude is so overlooked.

Goldie was always great and neckbeards bitching about it lost an exciting part of the UFC broadcast.

Back