Reselling used college textbooks

faustian

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any websites that link up college students for buying/selling used textbooks? I'm in my 2nd year of law school and have already paid a fortune on books, and I realize I'm never gonna have to refer back to most of these books so I'm trying to resell them. Problem is, when I'm looking at the buyback prices online I feel like I'm getting raped but not raped in a good way. This site Bookfinder.com aggregates the buyback value from 10 different online book buyers and shows you the top price from the 10. So I try this out with the 18 books I'm willing to part with and the grand total is a whopping $381.93, and to put that into its proper rape context I paid a total of $1572.55 for these used books all within the last 16 months or so. To give an example; I paid $99.95 for my Property Law casebook last January and the best offer on Bookfinder is $1.11 lmfao

So does anyone know of any sites where I can sell my books directly to other students?

That's one of the sites on Bookfinder's aggregate. They're the motherfuckers who want to give me $1.11 for my $99.95 Property Law casebook lmao

I can only Google so much for you. I'm a lawyer as well, mostly bird law. Hopefully someone else can provide you with the answer you seek.

...to put that into its proper rape context I paid a total of $1572.55 for these used books all within the last 16 months or so. To give an example; I paid $99.95 for my Property Law casebook last January and the best offer on Bookfinder is $1.11...

Jesus, that's worse than a snail in your ginger ale.

Schools usually have Facebook groups for buying and selling textbooks. If you don’t have Facebook then make a dummy account just for this purpose.

I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to list all these books individually on Ebay or something. Unless there's a site that connects students looking to buy/sell

Schools usually have Facebook groups for buying and selling textbooks. If you don’t have Facebook then make a dummy account just for this purpose.
A buddy of mine just suggested that. I'll look into it. Thanks

I look to Amazon for a lot for deals, and would assume others do as well.

While the Amazon (secondary) Marketplace makes it really hard to re-sell DVDs and CDs, I think books are still pretty simple for the DIY-reseller.

I look to Amazon for a lot for deals, and would assume others do as well.

While the Amazon (secondary) Marketplace makes it really hard to re-sell DVDs and CDs, I think books are still pretty simple for the DIY-reseller.
I'll check out Amazon as well. I've literally never sold anything online before lol

I can only Google so much for you. I'm a lawyer as well, mostly bird law. Hopefully someone else can provide you with the answer you seek.
I didn't know birds needed lawyers. I wouldn't defend someone who takes a shit on peoples cars.

I'll check out Amazon as well. I've literally never sold anything online before lol
The thing I had to remember is to check my emails for notifications. I had some old listings that got a nibble way, way after posting -- and some popped up in my junkmail.

The other thing to be cognizant of is limiting your shipping area. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska will eat up de monies.

How many students are you wanting to buy?

I need about forty second graders for an experiment I want to test. Do you know of any midget and/or chimp sites as well?

Back in the days, I used half.com after the semester was over.

I actually made profit. Bought my textbook from overseas which was cheaper than US counterpart. Then sold it for more on Half.

Back in the days, I used half.com after the semester was over.

I actually made profit. Bought my textbook from overseas which was cheaper than US counterpart. Then sold it for more on Half.
Just looked it up and apparently it was bought out by Ebay lol

I didn't know birds needed lawyers. I wouldn't defend someone who takes a shit on peoples cars.

Lawyers are the lowest form of life on the planet. They will defend anyone for anything.

Back