reportedly uncontacted indigenous tribe the Amazon massacred by Brazilian gold miners

Latin America as a whole has a pretty poor record when it comes to prosecuting crime, especially murder. Hence a high murder rate. I doubt anything happens.
Their high murder rate is due to extremely high poverty rates. And their aversion to authoritarian policing.

Well, 'Undying Poster' is not wrong, but the two issues are not related to one another.

The quest for wealth and existence of immoral behavior as a part of that is hard to pin down on specific cultures. Seems like a cross cultural phenomenon.

Indeed, but when it comes to gold and other natural resources and the Amazon it was brought up by the Portuguese, Rio de Janeiro was even for a time the capital of the Portuguese empire when the French invaded Portugal.

About that..

4101852.gif

That was Mexico not the Amazon.

Holy shit, you're a doofus.

Latin America, like Africa, was poorly colonized and economically exploited by Europe, then dominated largely by the United States, and is comprised of fairly young countries of multifarious cultures.

Their high murder rate is due to extremely high poverty rates. And their aversion to authoritarian policing (frankly very refreshing compared to their northern neighbor, is due to their experiences with imperialism and police states, such as existed previously in many of the countries).

I realize you likely did not mean to come off so daft, but this statement comes off as ignorant and racist.
But you're wrong. The vast majority of crime is not prosecuted there. That's a fact. You can try and get your "gotcha" moment by saying that the same is true for the US but not nearly to the same extent. Regions of Latin America have 9/10 murders going unsolved, Mexico admitted a while ago that they have not prosecuted one cartel killing. Even here in America when we stop policing communities and fighting crime, crime goes up, such as in Baltimore.

You're full of shit but appear smart while spewing shit, so people who genuinely have no idea what's going on will just concede to you but not me.

Read half, it's a long article.

Sounds odd to say, but at least we are in a day in age where people care about this, and they're going to prosecute the killers.
Have you seen the videos coming out of brazil? Spend some time over on /r/watchpeople die if you can stomach it, and it might change your mind about them caring or prosecuting people there.

Have you seen the videos coming out of brazil? Spend some time over on /r/watchpeople die if you can stomach it, and it might change your mind about them caring or prosecuting people there.

insane how many cold blooded murders and car accidents there are in brazil. F that place.

They take justice into their own hands because they know no authority will. Brazil, Venezuela, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, even Mexico they're all producing videos like this.

It's so bad that they have compilation videos now. Brazil and Venezuela are the undisputed champs. Look up Venezuelan prisons if you ever want to feel fortunate

Oh yeah and don't steal or rape in any of those countries. Please.

No thanks, I'm an adult.

I'm also well apprised of the situation.

Insane how many cold blooded murders and car accidents there are in brazil.

"The Ku Klux Klan killed 3,446 blacks in 86 years. Today, black on black murders in the U.S. surpass that number every six months."

But you're wrong. The vast majority of crime is not prosecuted there. That's a fact.

I didn't dispute that. What I disputed was your implied reasoning. Crime is prosecuted more poorly in poor countries. That's a fact.

You can try and get your "gotcha" moment by saying that the same is true for the US but not nearly to the same extent. Regions of Latin America have 9/10 murders going unsolved, Mexico admitted a while ago that they have not prosecuted one cartel killing. Even here in America when we stop policing communities and fighting crime, crime goes up, such as in Baltimore.

You're full of shit but appear smart while spewing shit, so people who genuinely have no idea what's going on will just concede to you but not me.

LOL

Thank you for saying I appear smart, I guess. But that doesn't change the fact that you stated a false causation ("HENCE A HIGH MURDER RATE") and then tried to justify it by the factual accuracy of the conclusion.

If I say gay marriage is causing climate change, I cannot justify the claim by pointing to the objective reality of rising surface temperatures. The factual validity of the conclusion does not validate a stupid premise.

You're really smart too.

I didn't dispute that. What I disputed was your implied reasoning. Crime is prosecuted more poorly in poor countries. That's a fact.

LOL

Thank you for saying I appear smart, I guess. But that doesn't change the fact that you stated a false causation ("HENCE A HIGH MURDER RATE") and then tried to justify it by the factual accuracy of the conclusion.

If I say gay marriage is causing climate change, I cannot justify the claim by pointing to the objective reality of rising surface temperatures. The factual validity of the conclusion does not validate a stupid premise.

You're really smart too.
Yes, not fighting crime and linking it to high crime is a stupid premise.

Those abnormally high homicide rates aren't due to poverty. I understand poverty is a contributor to crime but it doesn't explain abnormally high homicide rates.

The poorest regions of Mexico were the safest prior to the drug war spilling into these regions. Venezuela used to be a relatively safe country prior to a breakdown in law enforcement. Nicaragua is one of the poorest and one of the safest Latin American countries. Cuba is impoverished but they have a communist security apparatus and they don't suffer from the high crime of their neighbors as a result (I can't wait for you to explain to me that Cuba is not impoverished and that they don't have crime because there's no inequality and everyone is happy.)

By the way, I meant "smart" in the sense that you're the brightest guy in the YouTube comment section, because you can use words like "poverty" and "colonialism" and shut-down any moron with it.

You literally see zero connection between the law not being enforced and high homocide rates. And I'm the idiot.

Last edited:
Back