reportedly uncontacted indigenous tribe the Amazon massacred by Brazilian gold miners

europeans but also africans aswell like jaun garrido were among the first conquistadors.

is it really accurate to assume in a country with such a large non white demographic that none of the miners or people who do this kind of thing are blacks or mullatos?

He didnt said white, he said Europeans, virtually every Brazilian (95%) descends from European males so the patrilineal lineage is still European, women of color only served as a womb.

There you go, a much larger non white population than the united states. Much of the pardo population are mullatos or people of mixed african descent.

And pretty much all descend from European males.

He didnt said white, he said Europeans, virtually every Brazilian (95%) descends from European males so the patrilineal lineage is still European, women of color only served as a womb.
I'm confused because you are quoting a message torwards you as if I was talking to someone else. I dont see the need for a distinction between whites and european in that historical context. Maybe there is in your culture but in the united states it means the same thing.

what do you mean by women of color? you mean black women? I'm kind of surprised to see a Mexican use that word as its a vague and bias cultural invention of liberals in my country that is used inaccurately to refer to everyone from white middle easterners(like temer) to white euro latinos(like you).

Last edited:
I'm confused because you are quoting a message torwards you as if I was talking to someone else. I dont see the need for a distinction between whites and european in that historical context. Maybe there is in your culture but in the united states it means the same thing.

what do you mean by women of color? you mean black women? I'm kind of surprised to see a Mexican use that word as its a vague and bias cultural invention of liberals in my country that is used inaccurately to refer to everyone from white middle easterners(like temer) to white euro latinos(like you).

I say women of color because Brazil didn't had ancient civilizations like other places in Latin America, it was built from the ground up by Portuguese, women of color refers to the assorted lineage of all the women the Portuguese married/raped to create modern Brazilians.

There is certainly a need for a distinction because Portuguese practiced hyper-descent so the mixed individuals were raised in the ethnicity of the father not the mother unlike America.

the same could be said about African Americans. They arent white. Why do you mention that?

False, African-Americans have around 65% African genes on the father´s side, Americans also practiced hypodescent.

Brazil patrilineal heritage is almost entirely European, and the Brazilians practiced hyperdescent where mixed people were raised and educated as Europeans.

I say women of color because Brazil didn't had ancient civilizations like other places in Latin America, it was built from the ground up by Portuguese, women of color refers to the assorted lineage of all the women the Portuguese married/raped to create modern Brazilians.

There is certainly a need for a distinction because Portuguese practiced hyper-descent so the mixed individuals were raised in the ethnicity of the father not the mother unlike America.
oh ok. well in the us it tends to be a word by liberals to try to lump all non european people together into one homogeneous group controlled by african americans. Thats why I dont use it or identify by it.

We are talking about brazil so when I said white I was referring to the Portuguese and whatever other white europeans had immigrated there at the time. You were distinguishing between my usage of white people and europeans, not whites and portuguese. All of which are the same. I see what you are saying about hyper descent. At the end of the day though it is a mixed race society with strong european and african influences. Most of the non white population identifies as brown, which they are. Mullato Pardos acknowledge both their white and african blood

Last edited:
False, African-Americans have around 65% African genes on the father´s side, Americans also practiced hypodescent.

Brazil patrilineal heritage is almost entirely European, and the Brazilians practiced hyperdescent where mixed people were raised and educated as Europeans.
you said they were pretty much all descended from european males. Most African Americans have white blood that came from european males. That does not mean they are not also descended from black males.

Last edited:
you said they were pretty much all descended from european males. Most African Americans have white blood that came from european males. That does not mean they are not also descended from black males.

If you go by Y-chromosome only 35% African-Americans descend from European males, and said males were given to the mother to be raised as slaves.

In Brazil pretty much all of the population has an European Y-chromosome, and the mixed kids were raised and educated by the father to be raised as a citizen.

If you go by Y-chromosome only 35% African-Americans descend from European males, and said males were given to the mother to be raised as slaves.

In Brazil pretty much all of the population has an European Y-chromosome, and the mixed kids were raised and educated by the father to be raised as a citizen.
thats interesting. I don't know alot about genes. From what I know most african americans have white blood from before the civil rights era, which was a time where interracial relationships between black men and white women were illegal and punishable by death. So I'm not sure what you are saying means.

That's interesting. I don't know a lot about genes.

Interesting conversation you two have been having about genes and hyperdescent. How does Barack Obama fit into all this? A black father and a white mother. He is neither black or white. He is not the first black American president because he is 50% white.

lol yeah keep telling your self that. We natives are killed at the highest rate by police in america yet who do the white liberals talk about the all the time without mentioning us?? It isnt allways about you. so selfish
lol at calling yourself a native. We are all descended from Afrika, except whites who have been proven to come from cave dwelling primates in the north. Black people are the only ones who have a right to use the word native.. Please stop appropriating that term.

lol at calling yourself a native. We are all descended from Afrika, except whites who have been proven to come from cave dwelling primates in the north. Black people are the only ones who have a right to use the word native.. Please stop appropriating that term.

Send me this proof.

I assume you're referring to neanderthal inter-breeding, well that only makes up 2% of European genes, the rest is African (Homosapien). And most modern Africans also have neanderthal DNA. Only a very few small isolated groups in southern Africa do not.

The simple fact is that people have been migrating back and forth from Europe to Africa for 10's of thousands of years. The lilly white ginger living in Scotland may have a family history that is more rooted in Africa than the darkest of modern Africans, it's only the very recent history that causes the superficial physical differences.

lol yeah I'm appropriating an english word that is never used to describe you people in my country. considering continental africans don't consider you native to here or there, I'll go by what they say. You keep living in we wuz kings land though.

Last edited:
Interesting conversation you two have been having about genes and hyperdescent. How does Barack Obama fit into all this? A black father and a white mother. He is neither black or white. He is not the first black American president because he is 50% white.

Obama i dont think fits into any particular group. He is American but seen as African American by the rest.

thats interesting. I don't know alot about genes. From what I know most african americans have white blood from before the civil rights era, which was a time where interracial relationships between black men and white women were illegal and punishable by death. So I'm not sure what you are saying means.

Yeah, some African slaves had kids with Europeans but the majority didnt. Also the offspring was simply given to the mother to be raised as slave, so they never really became culturally part of them.

Yeah, some African slaves had kids with Europeans but the majority didnt. Also the offspring was simply given to the mother to be raised as slave, so they never really became culturally part of them.
yeah but what I am asking is if most African Americans have white blood, doesnt that make them descended from europeans? That just means they have european ancestors. I'm not saying they are mostly white.

Last edited:
maybe genetically but culturally in america he was raised in a time where one drop of black blood makes you black. Whiteness was defined by purity while blackness was not. Most African Americans are not 100% black in blood. so you could make the argument if you are going by a south american cultural perspective that alot afican americans are not really black, because in latin america a mullato is a completely different group while mixed people in america are just a subgroup of the black race. Culturally though they were never treated that way. Believe me, Obama lived his life treated like alot of mixed black people as a black person. period. Only now that white americans try to revise their views on race are people making the argument that Obama isnt black. Their grandparents and great grandparents would never be saying that. Race is a cultural construct anyway so it really doesnt have to make perfect sense.

yeah but what I am asking is if most African Americans have white blood, doesnt that make them descended from europeans? That just means they have european ancestors. I'm not saying they are mostly white.

Because ethnicity is a combination of genetics and culture.

Do you think Alexandre Dumas was an African writer?

Back