Remember the FEEL of the first time you got into mma?

You're right to an extent, but I'm honestly amazed that some of the long-time accounts have lasted as long as they have and never seem to get dubs for all the fighter-bashing they do all day long. Go figure. And then others (myself included) get dubs for things that I consider relatively petty - again, go figure.

And definitely, an account created in 2005 has a lot more credibility when they say something like "I've been watching since the early 2000s" - but the Sherdog cliche (used to be more common) was that everyone here has been watching since UFC 1, which was what I was alluding to.

Overall, though, it's really meaningless. I see better content from some 2016 white belts than from some 2005 red/silver/custom belts.

I've had multiple accounts since the late nineties....I'm old though. Some I lost due to snitches crying to the mods (@Jackonfire ), some I forgot the password or email account I used.

Saw the first one live on PPV at a buddy's frat house, completely by chance. There were about twenty of us watching on a 20" tv. It was fucking great.

Got into when it was still on spike in like 2007. Remember being a fan of liddell and tito ortiz.

Watching Liddell starch everyone in his path, then getting floored by Rampage was so damn cool. Instantly became a rampage fan after seeing a couple more of his fights. Pride reruns on fox sports channel and thinking Wandy was absolutely unstoppable.

I've had multiple accounts since the late nineties....I'm old though. Some I lost due to snitches crying to the mods (@Jackonfire ), some I forgot the password or email account I used.
Good ol' Sherdog. We just keep coming back.

I originally got into it when Lesnar transitioned. Played the first UFC video-game, too. Had a pretty retro feel, compared to today.

I was in grade school, part of The Ultimate Fighter Generation. I was taking karate at time, so I started to become interested to see if there was combat outside of boxing. I caught a recent replay of Griffen/Bonnar and had to research and learn everything I could about MMA and the fighters. I remember watching season 2 and rooting every week for Luke Cummo. I was a nerdy kid, so I really related to him at the time.

Been an obsessive fan ever since.
I liked Luke also for some reason. (Watched a little Tuf before becoming a super fan around ufc 100)
his weird habits and methods really made me wonder about him mentally and thought he would end up being a guy that can handle a ton of damage and keep going. Regardless his was sort of a mystery that intrigued me

Good ol' Sherdog. We just keep coming back.
4fef4165d5699a937c9d9258ffcf00c8.jpg

My friends brother ordered UFC 1 on ppv and I have been hooked ever since.Wrestling was kind of my life,and did some martial arts when I was young too so it was very interesting to me.

I've been a fan of Karyn Bryant for a long time since way back in her MTV days in 1990. You wouldn't know it by looking at her but Karyn Bryant is 47. And still super hot. I saw that she was interviewing "ufc" fighters and since I'm always into whatever Karyn "Super Sexy" Bryant is doing, I watch UFC too now.

I remember looking at the fighter statistics on the old SEG website in the 90's & being disappointed that the kickboxers, boxers, & karate sylists weren't as successful as grapplers. The first UFC I watched was from a VHS tape I bought & it was UFC 3. I was glad to see Keith Hackney do pretty well and was perplexed by Royce Gracie. I didn't understand why nobody could figure out that they could beat him if they could stop the takedown.

Oh & I remember my cousin walking in while I was watching Keith Hackney punch the crap out of Yarbrough (sp). She said, "poor fat guy" haha.

I was hooked immediately. My first UFC was UFC 6 and I watched it on my birthday in 95. First fight I ever saw was Tank vs. Matua. I wanted Tank to win so bad. Instant fan.

One of these threads again, alright here's what got me into it.

Megadeth's crush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back